• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragons Dogma director Hideaki Itsuno teases new game announcement [Up: Was DMC4:SE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit. The dream is dead. More so after reading the PS Awards 2013 interview in Japanese.

Dated Oct 15, 2013, and sourced from one of the links earlier that sounded more hopeful than it was in English:

Quick translation:

Wouldn't that imply that Capcom hasn't even greenlit the project at that point yet?! If we do get a sequel, it's definitely at least a few years off. Add Itsuno's March 2014 tweet to the last sentence above and we can guess that Capcom probably still hasn't given the project the go ahead in March.

But the Dragon's Dogma Online trademark... :'(

Dammit. The dream is dead. More so after reading the PS Awards 2013 interview in Japanese.

Dated Oct 15, 2013, and sourced from one of the links earlier that sounded more hopeful than it was in English:

Quick translation:

Wouldn't that imply that Capcom hasn't even greenlit the project at that point yet?! If we do get a sequel, it's definitely at least a few years off. Add Itsuno's March 2014 tweet to the last sentence above and we can guess that Capcom probably still hasn't given the project the go ahead in March.

giphy.gif

Raonak

Banned
EDIT: NVM, i entered this thread way late

Uncle Dante, Nero and Vergil in 1 game. This will probably top DMC3 for me.

Anko

That's what everyone said about a translated Yakuza 5 in the west. Keep believing guys.....it might take a couple of years but it might happen.

Is this where we start sending the Sony third party relations team a new list. Well, and Capcom but we all know how that is going.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Surprisingly good for a disappointment, honestly.

Was fully expecting a Japanese-exclusive social mobile card collecting game.

Give the guy a break, yeah? His English isn't very good (though that looks like it went through machine translation). He's probably saying DMC was the announcement he was teasing.

That's fine if his English is poor, I just have no idea why people are taking such a shaky statement and concluding that further Dragons Dogma games are no longer happening

Quick translation:

You know what to do Sony
or Microsoft
, make our dreams a reality.

Verendus

Banned
Dragon's Dogma is what, 2 years old?

Don't worry, there will be another at some point.
See this? DMC fans are being cocky since some remasters were announced. They think their dreams are guaranteed now, when they were just as desperate a day ago. It's no big deal Dragon's Dogma fans. It's only been two years. He's basically spitting on you all.

He's nothing like Robocop.

jiggle

See this? DMC fans are being cocky since some remasters were announced. They think their dreams are guaranteed now, when they were just as desperate a day ago. It's no big deal Dragon's Dogma fans. It's only been two years. He's basically spitting on you all.
Jpj41e.gif

Anko

That's fine if his English is poor, I just have no idea why people are taking such a shaky statement and concluding that further Dragons Dogma games are no longer happening

Because we were hoping for his announcement to be DD related... but it wasn't. It also points to DD being much further away, if we're even getting any, since he's working on something else.

I think a remaster will happen, especially if the DMC ones sell well.
Are you a DMC fan trying to get DD fans to support DD by supporting DMC but really only care about support for DMC? I guess I need Capcom to stay alive to get more DD. DMC4 it is, then.

Sephzilla

I'd say the most reasonable of us were hoping for a remaster.

I'm still hopeful.

He's nothing like Robocop.

I think a remaster will happen, especially if the DMC ones sell well.

I really thought we'd get something related to Dragon's Dogma....that post on the official Dragon's Dogma website was such a dick move.

Fuck you Capcom.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I really thought we'd get something related to Dragon's Dogma....that post on the official Dragon's Dogma website was such a dick move.

Fuck you Capcom.

To note, that news section appeared to be an auto news aggregator of various community and gaming website news that featured the words Dragon's Dogma.

If you actually clicked on the link, it linked out to some random blog's speculation about DMC and Dragon's Dogma.

This is why it was removed later, since people were reporting on that without actually looking into what it is.

Now with a normal company they would have made a blog post explaining that to quell expectations from running wild, but this is Capcom.

To note, that news section appeared to be an auto news aggregator of various community and gaming website news that featured the words Dragon's Dogma.

If you actually clicked on the link, it linked out to some random blog's speculation about DMC and Dragon's Dogma.

This is why it was removed later, since people were reporting on that without actually looking into what it is.

Now with a normal company they would have made a blog post explaining that to quell expectations from running wild, but this is Capcom.

Oh?

Oh.

;__;

Squire

Banned
Capcom trademarked DMC and people figured it was just protection, but DMC: DE and DMC4: SE materialized.

DD Online is a thing. If there was any doubt before, there shouldn't be now. Whatever it is, it'll come soon enough.

Riposte

Capcom trademarked DMC and people figured it was just protection, but DMC: DE and DMC4: SE materialized.

DD Online is a thing. If there was any doubt before, there shouldn't be now. Whatever it is, it'll come soon enough.

Did they bring over the Dragon's Dogma mobile game yet?

You're almost Opiate-status in crushing dreams

Itsuno returning to the DMC franchise after 7 years is cool tho. Kinda hoping they fix the fucked up sound mix on 360, lol. Maybe its on PS3 too, but I remember the music drowning out the dialog all the time. You could barely make out that "first I WHIP IT OUT" sexual innuendo stuff Dante was doing cuz the guitar was so loud.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Did they bring over the Dragon's Dogma mobile game yet?

That got shut down in Japan, so it's probably not that.

They did say they were exploring more f2p console games, and online does fit with that.

That said, you can fake Europe trademark listings because they're displayed publicly before they're verified, so we're not even guaranteed this is a real trademark filing.

I think I would die laughing if Ninja Theory was involved in the next DMC.

After the announcement for DmC Remaster I'm fully expecting them to be making a sequel with all the improvements and fan feedback from the vanilla game.

I mean why else release this particular remaster unless they still plan on building it into a franchise? Its obviously not like the Sleeping Dogs Remaster which was just the PC version. They are completely reworking the gameplay in DmC Remaster.

I think they are doing this because it both cheap and a way of showing the DMC fanbase that Ninja Theory is capable of making a sequel before the meltdowns at its announcement.

I could be wrong but it sure makes sense.

BlazeVoi

Banned
You know what to do Sony
or Microsoft
, make our dreams a reality.

OH NO!!!! I just thought of something..

Sony and MS know we want it.

Capcom is just begging for someone to fund their stuff (reference sfv for this)...

Sony already has one JRPG under their belt (bloodborne) they probably dont want to clash rpgs too much.

MS... Here we go again...

After the announcement for DmC Remaster I'm fully expecting them to be making a sequel with all the improvements and fan feedback from the vanilla game.

I mean why else release this particular remaster unless they still plan on building it into a franchise? Its obviously not like the Sleeping Dogs Remaster which was just the PC version. They are completely reworking the gameplay in DmC Remaster.

I think they are doing this because it both cheap and a way of showing the DMC fanbase that Ninja Theory is capable of making a sequel before the meltdowns at its announcement.

I could be wrong but it sure makes sense.
I don't think it's a shocker when fans requested all these changes since before DmC was released. Plus UT's portability probably made it easier to bring it to next gen systems. What is more interesting is resurrecting a 7 year old game on a propriety engine, and adding more features for next gen.

If the remaster announcement came without DMC4:SE I would suspsect DmC2, but the DMC4:SE screams DMC5 is in development by Itsuno.

David___

Banned
OH NO!!!! I just thought of something..

Sony and MS know we want it.

Capcom is just begging for someone to fund their stuff (reference sfv for this)...

Sony already has one JRPG under their belt (bloodborne) they probably dont want to clash rpgs too much.

MS... Here we go again...

In what world is Bloodborne and Dragon's Dogma JRPGs?

AAK

Is it just me or does the fact that both games being in the same trailer imply Ninja Theory is also handling the DMC4SE port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom