• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub (Evolution Studios/PS4) announcement trailer. [PS3 WHEELS ARE SUPPORTED]

bold part is correct.

I think its going to be, you get the game with all the features but get about 50-75% of the cars and tracks. And you'll probably be able to buy the remaining 25-50% in a package for like say $10-$19.99 if you want to.

I was going to buy the retail version, but I'll probably go with that second approach ($10-19.99) so I can use some money saved on any other game.

This would be AWESOME! I was going to buy Driveclub at launch, until I heard about it being Free with Playstation Plus.

We all know the Playstation Plus version is a gimped version, but I would gladly pay $20 to upgrade it to the Full Version. Now that I say I would pay $20, they will probably charge $30 for it, lol.

Shaneus

This would be AWESOME! I was going to buy Driveclub at launch, until I heard about it being Free with Playstation Plus.

We all know the Playstation Plus version is a gimped version, but I would gladly pay $20 to upgrade it to the Full Version. Now that I say I would pay $20, they will probably charge $30 for it, lol.
I think it'll be a lot more competitive than that... keep in mind PSN stuff is frequently discounted anyway, I think they'll do it for a really good price. If I had to guess, I'd say that they'd balance it so you save $20-$30 over buying PS+ and DriveClub separately. But I'm not sure how much retail games or PS+ costs in US, so ~$20 might be that amount.

I think I will buy the Forza Fanatec wheel to play Driveclub.
Oh, the irony.

It might be worth investigating how good each of the Fanatec wheels compared to each other. You may pay extra for 360 support, so you could possibly get a better Fanatec wheel for the same price without the Forza branding.

panty

I asked an Evo employee on another forum and DriveClub will support current PS3 compatible wheels

dance2s3a4l.gif

Right...

Will wait an official announcement.

Afrikan

funny you say that because when I originally made the post, I only had the $20 part of it...but was worried i was setting a price for them to work with..lol...so I edited and added the $10-$20. >_<

Twinduct

Still looking forward to this. I've not really seen the 'glaring faults' most seem to have found, guess I should be glad for not being so sensitive to stuff like that.

But that interface needs some love. That constant social stream feels way too intrusive, found myself staring at it longer than I should and thinking it might completely throw me off in the game when approaching a corner at high speed or something in that regards.

DBT85

Well wtf... I guess that's why I suggested we wait for something more official before making a new thread...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/playstation-4-incompatible-with-ps3-mad-catz-tournament-edition/

Maybe the PS4 will only recognise/allow specific HID IDs from working?

WHAAAAAAT???? Didn't Scott Rhode just yesterday say that USB periphals (fights sticks) will probably work?

I guess that pad was part of the 1%.

might just be MadCatz trying to cash in.

It could be Sony doing it, or it could be Mad Cat doing it.

Sony stand to gain nothing, they don't sell sticks, though I don't know if you have to get a license to make peripherals.

On the flip side Mad Catz know that people dedicated enough to buy sticks will probably do it again on the next console, especially when old ones won't work on either next gen machine.

It could just be a question of the option/share buttons not being present.

Afrikan

which wheels were compatible with the game at E3? What were they using?

man I don't trust MadCatz, but my Driving Force GT better work.....come on Logitech don't let us down. :(

[tinfoilHat] If Microsoft payed money for some companies to not mention their PS4 version of games...or just 2 week exclusive DLCs, like current gen....man I wonder how much would it cost them to tell MadCatz and Logitech to slow down on their PS4 drivers for PS3 wheels till after a launch...say maybe for a month.

chances are MadCatz and Logitech wouldn't make much anyway on new sales for PS3 wheels during that Month. [/TinfoilHat]

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Apparently the e3 build is pre alpha and only 35% done. I'll remain cautiously optimistic. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't end up looking like this:

They fucked up bringing that demo to E3. I guess they still have Gamescom to make a positive impression.

IcyEyes

Apparently the e3 build is pre alpha and only 35% done. I'll remain cautiously optimistic. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't end up looking like this:

Yes, at the E3 we played a pre alpha and yes, the game didn't look as good as in the vids we saw. I'm pretty sure the graphics will reach that level and to be honest, the game it's already a lot of fun to play.

Would a company prefer you to shell out for a new wheel/stick/pad or get the goodwill of giving Sony the drivers needed. Madcatz already made their decision it seems.

Pimpbaa

Isn't this an open world racer? Graphics in open world racing games are usually worse than ones with just closed circuits.

TheExodu5

Banned
so basically PS4 OS is sufficiently different from before that it needs new drivers?

Absolutely. It's a new OS running on x86 architecture. Expecting manufacturers to provide new drivers is not unreasonable. They do it whenever a new version of Windows comes out and no one throws a big fuss.

edit: sorry, dp.

I'm trying to find more about this game from E3, and I'm not seeing any gameplay footage at all when I search. I just end up with trailers. Is there any unedited game footage out there of DriveClub?

The version at E3 was only 35% done so it was pretty rough, don't think we will get much footage out of it aside from cam stuff.

GodofWine

They fucked up bringing that demo to E3. I guess they still have Gamescom to make a positive impression.

Actually, they have till release day to make the impression since hundreds of thousands, if not millions will quickly have the game through PS+, and we'll either be flooded with "mehs" or "woahs".

I think the PS+ designation buys them time, and assuming they deliver, its gonna be a flood of public support.

(or a flood of 'mehs')

Seeing the in game footage from E3 definitely took the hype out of me. Simply put, Forza looked much better, and it runs at double the framerate.

I hope this game has a fantastic turnaround in it's final few months, but I've seen enough E3 demos like this to know that's very unlikely. Any developer can slap a percentage on their game and say it's an early build, but games that are shipping in less than 5 months are closer to complete than most people realize.

wouwie

I'm trying to find more about this game from E3, and I'm not seeing any gameplay footage at all when I search. I just end up with trailers. Is there any unedited game footage out there of DriveClub?

I guess there was no direct feed footage released at all? It's a shame since i would have loved to have a proper look at the game.

The unveiling of Driveclub has been a bit frustrating. Lot's of (bullshit/replay?) pictures, trailers that show little to no gameplay, teasers,... but at this point, we haven't seen any proper footage.

It would be really nice if Evolution did some sort of developers series in which they tell and show more about this game with proper gameplay footage.

Seeing the in game footage from E3 definitely took the hype out of me. Simply put, Forza looked much better, and it runs at double the framerate.

I hope this game has a fantastic turnaround in it's final few months, but I've seen enough E3 demos like this to know that's very unlikely. Any developer can slap a percentage on their game and say it's an early build, but games that are shipping in less than 5 months are closer to complete than most people realize.

Evo must be one of the few who have definitely not met their 2005 target render. In fact, let's hope they reach their 2013 target... A car game should really be a visual showcase for a console, but so far Infamous/KZ>>>>drive club visually I think.

Top Bottom