• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

III-V

I skimmed through a few pages of the thread, but could not find the answer. Is anyone playing on the PS+ discount version?

I skimmed through a few pages of the thread, but could not find the answer. Is anyone playing on the PS+ discount version?
At least one person was able to get it from the Asian PSN before they pulled it.
Edit: I totally misread that. I'm playing the PS+ upgrade as are quite a few others.

How long (in hours) is the core championship campaign?

And is there much to the game after that? I've only played for two hours, and just the single player. Multiplayer was inaccessible.

ColEx

When EA messed up with Simcity, they offered free games. I think the same should happen here imo. This is getting a bit silly now, i would get a refund on my game if there was an option for it.

Theecliff

Banned
When EA messed up with Simcity, they offered free games. I think the same should happen here imo. This is getting a bit silly now, i would get a refund on my game if there was an option for it.
Not exactly the same thing when Simcity required an internet connection to play it at all. This situation is still shitty though.

Greg

How long (in hours) is the core championship campaign?

And is there much to the game after that? I've only played for two hours, and just the single player. Multiplayer was inaccessible.
I played through and got all but 5 of the events fully completed on my first try without restarting, and it took about 10-12 hours by the time I was 225/225

the rest will be what you make of it with online challenges, time trials, leveling the rest of the way, etc.

I wouldn't say no to a free game, but I am enjoying the hell out of the single player. I wouldn't want a refund.

le-seb

I remember my first encounter with the online servers.
Had just finished a tour event, and seen some stuff I hadn't noticed in the upper right corner of the screen.
From there, I'd been able to accept the invitation to join our sansFrontieres club that Konosuke had been able to set up the previous day, and had even been able to make it progress from level 1 to level 2, and even try a multiplayer race before being disconnected.

The second encounter, on the next day, I was doing this Oliver's Landing time trial, and got enlightened when this green message appeared on the screen: "La communication avec les serveurs a été rétablie". Incredible. Ground a bit on level 4, and then bye bye connection.

Third encounter was yesterday. Just had left the game running on the main screen while eating my dinner, and when I came back to the game, it was online. Changed our design, played a bit more on solo event, and when Konosuke and I were finally ready to try a multiplayer game together, we've both been disconnected... :x

Hey, I'm pretty sure I'll have fond memories of this launch when I'm old. :p

GodofWine

Well, just tried and it went online... Lost connection after 10 minutes tho.

Had time to creat a club hahaha, 4theGlory

If you lose your connection just keep playing, last night i was on and off so many times but was still able to put up club points most of the time as i would reconnect mid race most of the time.

Hoje0308

Banned
This launch is bad beyond anything I expected. I thought it may have a couple of days of server issues. It's approaching a week now.

I honestly wouldn't doubt if it takes a full week (or more) to get things running smooth. Which is really too bad, since the game is great fun.

Silver lining: Maybe all the shitheads that can't drive will have time to learn the courses instead of relying on collisions to get ahead.

You can ask for a refund on the Sony support, you need to have less than 10% of the trophies unlocked though.

Hoje0308

Banned
You can ask for a refund on the Sony support, you need to have less than 10% of the trophies unlocked though.

Which is bullshit really. If the game still isn't working on Tuesday, I think you should be able to get a refund regardless. I mean, if the servers aren't working what else are you doing besides grinding the SP and racking up trophies?

FeiRR

Banned

When EA messed with Battlefield 4, they offered nothing but shitty battlepacks. If you want a free game for some networking problems, then for BF4 I'd have to get a free plane ticket to EA's HQ, a dinner with their CEO and a back massage from his secretary.

A free DLC wouldn't hurt though. Anyway, if you want to avoid that, don't buy games at launch and wait for people's impressions. You can't count on journos for it because they'll push some crap about lack of open world but not a word about such an important feature as broken MP.

Konosuke

Got disconnected too, but I managed to upload some fame and...check it out le-seb:

TFtVgYc.jpg

eSteK5U.jpg

sansFrontieres is level 10! Free trophy too!

Which is bullshit really. If the game still isn't working on Tuesday, I think you should be able to get a refund regardless. I mean, if the servers aren't working what else are you doing besides grinding the SP and racking up trophies?
Partial refund would be the best solution in the scenario of someone playing the game trough offline.

I despise people who think they are entitled to everything just because one portion is not available. Especially when the broken element is multiplayer that will at some point be accessible.

ColEx

Maybe a free game is asking too much, but the moral of the suggestion is that something should be compensated with the lack of providing the full product at launch.

Oneself

Best racing game I've played in recent years, I truly don't understand the reviews.
Controls, graphics, physics, track design, camera/viewpoints, cockpit view,sound, music... Everything is ace except, well, online infrastructure.

Gestault

Once you do get a connection, are things pretty much rock-solid? The Facebook posts from Evolution were saying it's simply a limited slot system, so players online shouldn't have any disruptions, but I've seen mixed impressions here, even among those getting connected.

Anarion07

Ok I'm probably just really stupid but...
When I'm online, how do I race in multiplayer?
If i go to multiplayer the only thing i can do is look at the Event thing.

Antti

It's not up to Sony to decide anything about a refund. There are laws in place to protect the customer in situations like this, at least in Finland.

bombshell

Once you do get a connection, are things pretty much rock-solid? The Facebook posts from Evolution were saying it's simply a limited slot system, so players online shouldn't have any disruptions, but I've seen mixed impressions here, even among those getting connected.

Nope, I get disconnected within 5 minutes of getting connected, every time...

Not been disconnected once after getting online. Online racing is smooth too.

Sometimes getting into an event takes a while, but once you're on the track, it's golden.

SkylineRKR

What I don't understand is that DC has been a socially connected driving game from the get go. Like, before the PS4 itself was even finalized.

The PS+ version wasn't even put online and the game itself wasn't even available everywhere last wednesday. Yet the servers are completely suffocated.

What did they actually expect from this game? Its been touted as a Triple A driving game ever since its been announced and has been in most Ps4 commercials as well. Perhaps some beta testing would've been nice. Destiny's launch went surprisingly well.

This launch is bad beyond anything I expected. I thought it may have a couple of days of server issues. It's approaching a week now.

not really.... it released on tuesday. 4 days so far

its completely insane that its this broken at launch and its mind boggling how they were this unprepared. hopefully they have it fixed soon. bf4 on the ps4/xbone took like 6 months to fix, hopefully this is not one of those cases

thejpfin

Nope. I was able to play multiplayer for 30 secs before getting disconnect error.
That 30 secs of multiplayer what I played was pretty much destruction derby haha :D

Ok I'm probably just really stupid but...
When I'm online, how do I race in multiplayer?
If i go to multiplayer the only thing i can do is look at the Event thing.
You can join events that way. You can also invite people to your session with the social hub, but I'm not exactly sure what you can do with that. The extent of my online experience has been creating a club, inviting a friend, and accepting the invite from my friend's profile.

III-V

Thanks to those who answered, I am this close to pulling the trigger on this one some of the gifs have me drooling, just wanted to make sure that you were getting full game access.

Z3M0G

Moved into my new house today. Time to get back to gaming!

Is the online working yet? Ps+ version available? Im sure ill love the game either way...

Anarion07

You can join events that way. You can also invite people to your session with the social hub, but I'm not exactly sure what you can do with that. The extent of my online experience has been creating a club, inviting a friend, and accepting the invite from my friend's profile.

Well the "events" on my screen are just spinning loading signs, so... damn
Nevermind then, gonna wait.
Thanks!

I just started the refund process for my digital copy of this game. Waiting on email confirmation. I haven't been able to connect once and they can't give a time frame other than they are working on it. The guy on the phone was good about it though. I'll get the free version and once I can actually play it online, I'll buy the hard copy. I do like the game quite a bit but this is ridiculous.

fernoca

Just completed The Legend Tour, have to go back and get the remaining stars now.

Thought I'd share my custom paint jobs with you guys, using a 458 Italia as it shows them off nicely...

Gulf colours.

Legend Tour Champion

80s Ski Suit.
Stop posting 'shopped pictures!
You can't change the color of the cars!!!

Reviews don't lie!!!

Mine are usually white cars with black and blue lines and stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom