• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, getting to the point where this is stupid. I want to play the game I spent $50 on online. At least change it so i get fame offline. This is ridic

People who bought the game should get the 1st round of DLC for free.

Torgo

Anyone using the T80 DC edition with the game?How is it?

GC-052-TH_81024_350.jpg

It's adequate, but the lack of force feedback is a big disappointment.

fernoca

Plus I already have the season pass, so the first DLC for free will suck. :p

In any case, I don't want or expect anything back. Some extra fame points would be nice, but that's it. Love the game anyway.

EDIT:
Yep
Got the T80 two days ago. No wheel-techie, so don't know much about internal aspects and the lack of force feedback is no biggie to me, but it's sturdy and works as advertised. Pedals seem strong too. Got it technically for $30 (after giftcard and discount) and can use it on the PS3 also.

Can you only customize your car colors when you created a club? Cause i can only choose from 4 dull designs and i'm in a club with a guy who just painted his theme orange. Just orange. I'm probably just missing something.

Anyway, i got a PS+ account for this game and while i really think it's a great racer, i'm getting sick and tired of this server shit.
I realise Evolution and Sony don't want this either but i can't understand why such a thing is happening. And it's taking a big chunck out of the fun out of this game.

Man this launch is almost as bad as their last game Apocalypse which was delayed/cancelled due to massive earthquake in Japan and was later plagued by PSN outage. Evolution just can't catch a break.

drotahorror

Nice! I'm connected for the club stuff. I haven't played since Tuesday but I left my club open and it's level 8 and it's full. Had to kick someone for my buddy though :/

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Can you only customize your car colors when you created a club? Cause i can only choose from 4 dull designs and i'm in a club with a guy who just painted his theme orange. Just orange. I'm probably just missing something.

Anyway, i got a PS+ account for this game and while i really think it's a great racer, i'm getting sick and tired of this server shit.
I realise Evolution and Sony don't want this either but i can't understand why such a thing is happening. And it's taking a big chunck out of the fun out of this game.
Set all colours of a design to one single color and it looks like the car doesn't have a wacky paint job.

fernoca

Go to the garage, choose any car and then one of the slots. You can edit colors (glossy, metallic, matte metallic) and change decals (numbers and designs) there.

The slots are universal, so once you use one the same will be available for all cars.

bombshell

If you go to garage you can customize your 4 custom liveries. Then there's a club livery, which only the club leader can customize.

wouwie

Tried the game today by doing the first 2 races. Way too early to give impressions (was never a big fan of the India setting) but i enjoyed the driving and already hated the AI. Also liked the dashboard cam the most i think.

I decided to wait until the server issues have been resolved before i continue playing. I have a feeling Evolution was not at all expecting/prepaired for the problems they are facing though so i'm not expecting a fix anytime soon. Luckily, i still have other games to play.

Go to the garage, choose any car and then one of the slots. You can edit colors glossy, metallic, matte metallic) and change decals (numbers and designs) there.

The slots are universal, so once you use one the same will be available for all cars.

If you go to garage you can customize your 4 custom liveries. Then there's a club livery, which only the club leader can customize.
Ah, cool. Thanx a bunch guys!!!!!

baconcow

Tired of the AI cars cheating near the end of the races. They get accelerations not possible with their cars in the situations they are in. I go around a corner perfectly into a straightaway. I am alone, AI car comes around and it is a small image in my rearview. On a straightaway towards the end. Seconds later the AI car blows in front of me 2 seconds before the finish on a straightaway. Their car wobbling while accelerating. Then they slowed down to finish. There could be nobeffective drafting at 100m+ to give this car (with lower acceleration and top velocity than mine) the ability to beat me.

Auctopus

Tired of the AI cars cheating near the end of the races. They get accelerations not possible with their cars in the situations they are in. I go around a corner perfectly into a straightaway. I am alone, AI car comes around and it is a small image in my rearview. On a straightaway towards the end. Seconds later the AI car blows in front of me 2 seconds before the finish on a straightaway. Their car wobbling while accelerating. Then they slowed down to finish. There could be nobeffective drafting at 100m+ to give this car (with lower acceleration and top velocity than mine) the ability to beat me.

I don't believe the people saying there's no rubberbanding. I've definitely seen some, it's just subtler this around.

nampad

Just started the game. I see the server problems are a big issue for everyone.
Really nice. Build the game around social aspects and then the servers don't work :(

Well, at least I only payed 20 bucks.

So this is odd, I adjusted the screen settings to fit my entire screen, but the screenshots that I have from using the share button still have a thin black border around them. Also I really wish the game had more detailed stats, miles used for each car, avg speed on each track, etc. stuff like that would be neat.

EGOMON

So this is odd, I adjusted the screen settings to fit my entire screen, but the screenshots that I have from using the share button still have a thin black border around them. Also I really wish the game had more detailed stats, miles used for each car, avg speed on each track, etc. stuff like that would be neat.

Yeah the same is happening to me every screenshot i take has black borders no idea why!

FDC1

I'm searching a club. If someone here needs one more member, don't hesitate to give me your club's name, I'll send an invite request.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Such a fantastic game being marred by server issues, the main selling point of the game.

A damn shame, hopefully they get the issues ironed out fast.

Kilau

Gold Member
Ugh, now that I finally got our GAF club made and activated the server issues are really bothering me.

I really want to play and keep leveling up but I want our club to share in the points. I'm stuck hoping to get online but even then I had about 500,000 points last night get lost for the club because of disconnects in the last round in tour championships.

mreddie

Fucking hell, what is this, day 5? Evo really needs to tune up those servers at this point. I hope it isn't like Battlefield 4 or Diablo 3 where it takes weeks to months fixing the online.

Just played for a bit, the game is great! But is there an option somewhere to get it to fit to my tv? I cant find it in the options anywhere, I have a black frame around the game at all times.

bombshell

Do you have it set to the maximum possible? Mine lines up with my TV when set at maximum, but I know that some TV panels hide some pixel rows.

I don't know if it's the issue here, but it's worth a try if you can still increase the display area a bit more.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
One French reviewer, who was going to give Driveclub 78/100 just lowered it to 50/100 because of the online mess. I really don't think that's fair at all. For me, Driveclub has proven once and for all that reviewers no longer represent gamers.

honestly, I was disheartened at first. The early tracks were unimpressive and the standard cars lacked acceleration. The game lacked punch and it was hard to not feel disappointed.
Really? I think Drive Club is one of the rare games that do hot hatches justice. Mini, Clio, A1, etc are fun to drive and do pack some punch unlike their equivalent in Gran Turismo for instance.

I don't believe the people saying there's no rubberbanding. I've definitely seen some, it's just subtler this around.

I don't know how rubber-bandy it is so much as most races are just tight as hell to begin with and victory requires near-perfect runs. Shit, I've finished in like 9th and 12th but still been less than two seconds out of first. It's pretty much burned into my brain that any mistake, even a miniscule one, is worth a position, and sometimes several.

Do you have it set to the maximum possible? Mine lines up with my TV when set at maximum, but I know that some TV panels hide some pixel rows.

I don't know if it's the issue here, but it's worth a try if you can still increase the display area a bit more.
Yeah that's the problem, if I increase it any further it cuts off at the top and bottom.

Vizzeh

Banned
Absolutely loving this game, graphics, game play. .. its balls to the wall racing with a touch of steer from the rear drifting!!

its soo addictive with the challenges, not bothered about online features as yet, early days and still unlocking cars and races..

VillageBC

One French reviewer, who was going to give Driveclub 78/100 just lowered it to 50/100 because of the online mess. I really don't think that's fair at all. For me, Driveclub has proven once and for all that reviewers no longer represent gamers.

Seems fair to me, a major component of the game is just plain broken. Nobody should be recommending this game for purchase until it's fixed.

Gestault

For a community/online focused game, do you think that's totally unreasonable? To someone actually using reviews as a purchase recommendation, would you agree that reviews which celebrate the online features which have yet to work properly might be a more jarring issue to audiences?

Did any reviewers dock GTAV for its mess of an online component out of the gate? I cant remember. Is there even heists yet?

If this game was void of a MP component it still deserves more than 50/100 .. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom