• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why you've gotta go cockpit view :)
i3IhJezEb4Cla.gif

Best cockpit view in the business.

I'm glad...I can handle the penalty for when you initiate contact but the fact that you get penalized for the AI hitting you, spinning you out, slamming into you, etc is ridiculous.
Penalty or impact? I've never had a collision penalty for AI slamming into me and there have been times when they've hit me pretty hard and there has been a big speed differential (which I think is key to triggering the penalty rather than impact). Only when I have slammed into them have I had a penalty. Impact, sure, loads. But never penalty.

Korezo

Looks like they're going back and retroactively adding your offline points to the clubs now, my club of 2 people just jumped to our combined single player score

edit: I take that back, we're now 200k past our combined score and our club score is going up 90k every 5 minutes or so just sitting in the menus..

For real? I might just keep driveclub playing on my ps4 then.

That good huh?
Its not as over the top as Shift, but communicates just as much without needing to be. The animations of the hands on wheel - which I'm pretty sure are unique to each car - are the best and most dynamic, easily. And of course the cabin detail is what you'd expect from a next gen game like this - immaculate. Immersion am total.

If driving from cockpit view ever puts me at a disadvantage for certain events, I'll just adapt and overcome because its too good.

I would just say try it for yourself, but we're not quite there yet.

Auctopus

Bandipur drift

Time:7:00 AM

Weather: Clear

Time Compression : X15

Mother of god.

It looks like I might see Simba flying out the crowd. The lighting is THAT damn good.

Oh yea online works but it's spotty I'm not able to create clubs but I'm connected.

I'll second that. Basically every track looks good from 6:00am and 15x time compression. Coming out of the dark dawn in to the day is brilliant.

Loudninja

Its not as over the top as Shift, but communicates just as much without needing to be. The animations of the hands on wheel - which I'm pretty sure are unique to each car - are the best and most dynamic, easily. And of course the cabin detail is what you'd expect from a next gen game like this - immaculate. Immersion am total.

If driving from cockpit view ever puts me at a disadvantage for certain events, I'll just adapt and overcome because its too good.

I get to try it on Tuesday ,its when my copy comes. :)

Penalty or impact? I've never had a collision penalty for AI slamming into me and there have been times when they've hit me pretty hard and there has been a big speed differential (which I think is key to triggering the penalty rather than impact). Only when I have slammed into them have I had a penalty. Impact, sure, loads. But never penalty.

I think I may have misunderstood the tweet then. I was talking about the point deduction that happens when the AI hits you and basically screws you over. If it's only the collision penalty they will fix then I guess that's ok too but meh. I don't understand how the game can be set to think that the AI hitting you is your fault but oh well.

SiRatul

That's why you've gotta go cockpit view :)

Yep, cockpit view looks pretty sweet with all the detailed lighting and stuff. I tend to check out each of them but I simply prefer playing in 3rd person view. I do much better in that mode and it feels awkward for me to use the DS4 in cockpit view.

Yep, cockpit view looks pretty sweet with all the detailed lighting and stuff. I tend to check out each of them but I simply prefer playing in 3rd person view. I do much better in that mode and it feels awkward for me to use the DS4 in cockpit view.
Once I got used to cockpit view without the hud I ended up doing much better, I tend to pay more attention to the little things I guess and my times drastically improved. I'm also only using the DS4.

Sorry, not real happy about wasting money on a game, that even delayed a year, doesn't work. If you all are satisfied having "it" shoveled in your face, I guess happy eating!

OmegaDL50

I've noticed a trend that both of us end up in these Racing game topics.

Both for GT6 and now Driveclub. I guess you love the racing game genre as much as I do.

I've seen Norante post in this topic sporadically as well.

And yes, First person view in this game is boss.

Perhaps Evolution Studios should give up on this whole, "making games" thing. They obviously just can't do it anymore.
If they had any class or dignity they would pull the game (and the insulting season pass) from the digital store and admit they don't know what they are doing.

Maybe they should start with an iOS or OUYA game and see how that goes....

I can't believe I bought this game, sight unseen, and fell for this shit.
Lesson learned.

At least you're equal opportunity!
Dear Nintendo,

Give it up. You don't know what your doing anymore.
At least not since 1995.

Thanks,
Stefan

It sucks that they did not plan their online infrastructure better, but the game isn't broken or unplayable just because you can't play online/compete. It's perfectly fine in single player?

OmegaDL50

Sorry, not real happy about wasting money on a game, that even delayed a year, doesn't work. If you all are satisfied having "it" shoveled in your face, I guess happy eating!

This statement can be implied you being are forced to play this game. I don't even know why you would say that.

Interesting that the current issues are with the software for the servers themselves rather than the game. Hope that's a sign the changes to the servers might reap other benefits in the long run.

I'm glad...I can handle the penalty for when you initiate contact but the fact that you get penalized for the AI hitting you, spinning you out, slamming into you, etc is ridiculous.

Some of the cornering penalties are spotty too, sometimes you slightly cut a corner without penalty whereas next time you do the same thing on the same corner you get stung.

Well I'm done with this, can't stand the game at all, it's terrible. I should have waited on reviews or the PS+ version instead of wasting $60 on a game I ended up hating. Haven't done that in a long time.

At least you're equal opportunity!

It sucks that they did not plan their online infrastructure better, but the game isn't broken or unplayable just because you can't play online/compete. It's perfectly fine in single player?

I am platform agnostic. Kudos!
I just don't enjoy being sold a bill of goods and it not being met. I want to race online. Not against AI. Basic online functionality has been in racing games since 2001. This is not a HALO 3 launch. It is a racing game that probably won't outsell Forza Horizon 2 and I can't get the thing online 5 days after launch. It is pathetic.

I prefer dash cam, more visibility, but you still feel grounded by the cabin/dash.
To be sure, if I had a wheel I'd probably have a different perspective here.

But as a controller user I look for the view that provides me the most immersion - and that's not just developer/artist sleight of hand to make me think that I'm occupying that space - its also the view that imparts the most information about the state of the car - the suspension and balance, the revs, discrete speed and steering lock. Its about feedback. As a controller user this is the most informative and detailed cockpit view I've seen, and it helps me in my moment to moment decision-making.

If I had the space for a wheel and could actually feel that force-feedback and wheel rumble, that'd be a whole new world. But alas, I have no space in this cramped and overpriced San Francisco apartment. Otherwise...

Legend AI ain't got shit on me.

ibfrbu.gif
You ain't got time to lose.

Both for GT6 and now Driveclub. I guess you love the racing game genre as much as I do.
Been in love with how video games can impart that sense of speed since playing Pod Racer on PC years ago. Since then though, the sim games have made me appreciate the real-world physics and engineering behind these supercars and what the race drivers with their alternate states of mind (like Senna) can achieve. It gets me in both spheres of my mind and is this great confluence of artistry with pure intelligence and drive. Love it, in all of its forms.

Hoje0308

Banned
Perhaps Evolution Studios should give up on this whole, "making games" thing. They obviously just can't do it anymore.
If they had any class or dignity they would pull the game (and the insulting season pass) from the digital store and admit they don't know what they are doing.

Lesson learned.

Contender for worst post I've ever seen. The game plays extremely well and Evo ran a server test with tens of thousands of players before launch. There was no issue, so they thought they were good to go.
Good to see you can't be bothered to inform yourself before posting. Maybe you should start with an N4G or Gamefaqs membership and then work your way up to forums in which people are encouraged to refrain from acting like petulant children.

Contender for worst post I've ever seen. The game plays extremely well and Evo ran a server test with tens of thousands of players before launch. There was no issue, so they thought they were good to go.
Good to see you can't be bothered to inform yourself before posting. Maybe you should start with an N4G or Gamefaqs membership and then work your way up to forums in which people are encouraged to refrain from acting like petulant children.

Contender for saltiest post I've ever seen

Club contribution seems to be completely borked at the moment, it still says my club is level 6 at the level up screen, when in actuality it's 7. hmm

Ouch, this is hard to hear from a "veteran" of neogaf, a member since.......2013.

Lesson learned.
Yeah ok.

Even with its issues, this is the best game I've played all year. And trust me, I find the server problems insufferably irritating. I'm glad you're not in any position of authority at Sony.

Hoje0308

Banned
Contender for saltiest post I've ever seen

I get that Evo fucked up and the situation is anything but good. But to imply that they should be shuttered and don't even have the talent to make a console game is just pure bullshit. And if you didn't notice, I simply followed his format of ending my post with inch incendiary nonsense.

People have every right to be annoyed, but I'm not sure what it does to imply Evolution don't know what they're doing. They've made a damn fine game, but there's something, on their end, causing issues, they know about it and they're trying to fix it. That's just the nature of online games. It sucks, but it doesn't mean they're bad developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom