• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putty

Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere already. I know the T100 is compatible with the game and lacks share functionality, but are you able to actually pause the game from the wheel or does that need to be done via the DS4 as well?

You can pause on the wheel.

Namikaze

Got the "Legend" trophy, I think I'm gonna take a break from the game until the online portion is fixed up. I've been connected on/off tonight, kinda tired of it to be honest. Still love the core gameplay and the beautiful tracks though.

Antti

Wow, wasn't even a mistake free run. Going to have to try that Lotus.

Oh and no, you lost time in a great many places. Like banging the wall onto the bridge and running wide on the final turn, and running wide in many places in the middle sector. Good run though, I remember that car being a little tricky to handle.

Hahhah, I'm aware of that, I was just saying it was relatively clean besides the tunnel. It was the first one I recorded after you claimed 3.2xs were only possible by banging onto walls lol

Man, that Punching Above Your Weight event in the Bentley? Madness.

I haven't driven that dirty since Gran Turismo asked me to go from 10th place to 1st place on that microscopic London track. Same deal here really. You've got a 47 second par lap time sprint, starting in 10th place, in a Bentley fucking Continental, being asked to reach 1st place on this thin ass winding ribbon, in 4 short laps.

Sure thing. But I'm gonna get rude in the process. Accidents will happen.

3 stars achieved.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJm7M3Ateuc

Lost a second in the tunnel right off the bat but that's about it.
Thanks for sharing this. I have a newfound respect for the Lotus, your driving acumen, and the concept of time itself.

Anyone else feel this game has some of the best tracks ever put in a racing game? Just did one of the Canada tracks, I think a reverse one, which was downhill the majority of the track and quite long to boot. Suffice to say, just sublime. The back drops, awe inspiring scope, visuals, details, foliage, choice of corners, elevation changes, extreme speeds etc. Magnificent stuff.

Track design and handling are the real MVPs here. As great as the lighting and dynamic day/night cycle stuff are, the track design, particularly the P2P tracks, is top notch. As intense as they are scenic and relaxing.

nasanu

Banned
Hahhah, I'm aware of that, I was just saying it was relatively clean besides the tunnel. It was the first one I recorded after you claimed 3.2xs were only possible by banging onto walls lol

Or a different car I said. Try doing the time you did in the Alfa (or with my TV.. cant see crap lol, I watch those replays on my laptop and its daylight in comparison :( ).

The more I play this game, the more I like it. Flying down a hill in a Hyper car generates a feeling no other driving-game has ever given me - the sense of speed is absolutely insane. I also couldn't decide between dash-cam and cockpit-view at first, but now there is no substitute for the latter.

I just wish they'd fix the online-issues as soon as possible. I've managed to connect to the game-servers once or twice, but the connection doesn't last longer than a minute or two.

D23

Srsly this is so frustrating. I just can't finish the norwegian lightweigt series with the ariel atom. I cant drive that thing. Any tips???

Nyx

Lé Blade Runner;133969940 said:
The more I play this game, the more I like it. Flying down a hill in a Hyper car generates a feeling no other driving-game has ever given me - the sense of speed is absolutely insane.

Same here!

Yesterday I've been racing for 6 hours in a row, I can't even remember which game I played that long in one session.

ikariX

Banned
I'm in South Africa. Seems like I do get a connection from time to time. But DriveClub feels pretty bare bones without the online portion. Finally figured out how to paint my car in the driver menu. But it is a lot of fun. When is the patch coming with the weather effects. Strange that it wasn't in the game from the start. What the fuck Evolution. Couldn't they have figured out there is a massive problem with the online before the release. What is the issue with the game actually. And Sony come on. Why is PSN down so much lately

Forza Horizon 2 is so seamless with the online. Not that you can compare the two games.

D23

fuck, im done for the night. all i can say is that they need to patch the handling for ariel atom. just not fun at all.. seriously. WTF

/ragequit

you got skills thats all i can say.

cause i cant keep the car from spinning after i apply a little brake... about to rage quit this series with the atom

in the hyper events you should pick your brake and turn points where there is some suspension compression. Off camber corners or corners after a bump are lethal. Also, like the throttle, sometimes a dab of the brake or several, is better than going to 100%.

I did a race with the Pagani yesterday and this was the first time I needed throttle control (well, outside of drift events, which I suck at).

Can I just point out again that this game has Gyro controls that work about as well as using a wheel? Seriously, everyone should try it. I wish they had made it defult, so that people would at least have given it a shot once. It's so good! Best controller track racing so far on any platform ever, i can drive exactly like I would with a wheel, which is what I nirmally do.

Putty

I'm in South Africa. Seems like I do get a connection from time to time. But DriveClub feels pretty bare bones without the online portion. Finally figured out how to paint my car in the driver menu. But it is a lot of fun. When is the patch coming with the weather effects. Strange that it wasn't in the game from the start. What the fuck Evolution. Couldn't they have figured out there is a massive problem with the online before the release. What is the issue with the game actually. And Sony come on. Why is PSN down so much lately

Forza Horizon 2 is so seamless with the online. Not that you can compare the two games.

So don't compare.

stoic-lemon

Neo Member
Our club Old and Fast is showing at level 1 or 0 with the default livery. :( I'm guessing it's just a glitch, we were at Lvl 9 earlier today. Anyone else have the same problem?

with the Arom i found it helpful to imagine my bottom lip was trapped in those gaps in the R2 trigger mechanism..

marty-mcfly-confused-r5sbj.gif

nasanu

Banned
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJm7M3Ateuc

Lost a second in the tunnel right off the bat but that's about it.

Got an almost identical time in the Lotus:

dc.png

Been trying to upload the vid but my crappy Australian internet keeps timing out to youtube, plus I only have 90KB up and the video is 688MB...

Lots more in this, was up a few seconds on about 5 different runs but I stuffed in the very same turn again and again..

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I did a race with the Pagani yesterday and this was the first time I needed throttle control (well, outside of drift events, which I suck at).

Can I just point out again that this game has Gyro controls that work about as well as using a wheel? Seriously, everyone should try it. I wish they had made it defult, so that people would at least have given it a shot once. It's so good! Best controller track racing so far on any platform ever, i can drive exactly like I would with a wheel, which is what I nirmally do.

Thanks,will try that. One of the reasons for going with a wheel is the finer grained control vs a little stick. Gyro could be a good enough alternative to save me buying a wheel. Is it 1:1 or are they amplifying the effect because you can't take your hands off the controller so you have limited degrees of rotation? Are there any wii wheel type things for DS4?

Thanks,will try that. One of the reasons for going with a wheel is the finer grained control vs a little stick. Gyro could be a good enough alternative to save me buying a wheel. Is it 1:1 or are they amplifying the effect because you can't take your hands off the controller so you have limited degrees of rotation? Are there any wii wheel type things for DS4?

It's limited degrees. Imagine that all cars have sports/rally type wheels if you will that limit to max 90 degrees, and then the mapping is 1:1. I don't think there are Wii type wheel things yet. Throttle control is important though and I would actually not see a benefit unless you could rest that wheel on something.

This is certainly helping me overcome not being able to use my Logitech DF Pro, and I am also happy that this works so conveniently when sitting on the sofa in the livingroom. It's a really big deal for a racing fan like me. Sony shoukd make support for this an SDK requirement for all future racers released on the platform.

Mullah88

I can't do it either. At this point I'm just doing the drifting events once to get a star and then not bothering to retry.

Use the handbrake to initiate it, then use your brakes and throttle to control the car...lovely thing to do once you learn or master it.

The Indian tracks are drift heaven

Issue with the clubs? Saying our club is inactive or something and shows only 1 member despite the actual Club homepage showing 4....

I can't do it either. At this point I'm just doing the drifting events once to get a star and then not bothering to retry.

Watch a few of the youtubes. I got the hang of it with the second class Lotus.

Takes a lot of practice but I can pull it off quite regularly now, has really helped my cornering in general too since i can tell when the car is loosing more and more traction a lot earlier now.

A big part of it is directing the drift with your steering while making sure the handbrake has locked up enough to get you into a solid slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom