• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
dcg97kl5.gif

I'm finding it hard knowing what my race times are when playing with hud of during the time trials.
Same, i really wish we could select individual HUD elements to show up
Playing with Cockpit + HUD off is so much fun but when you race a track for the first time the minimap would be nice to see (i don't care about fame/position)

loving the game so far but those small things I'll never understand why they are missing :(

DrM

Redmond's Baby
That Huyara :D Tried that one Scotland P2P race with lighthouse and went under two minutes on the first try ( i think there are is at least five second reserve still). Sense of speed is just insane.

Blablurn

YES! I actually won the last race. Didn't expect that at all. Especially considering the fact how crazy those AI drivers behaving at that speed.

Saberus

Finally got in my 1st multiplayer match, was so excited that it connected I lost all concentration and ended up sucking big time.. lol

Loudninja

Well, shit. I hoped for at least some improvement.
Thats not what the patch was for though.

Now this will sound stupid and I will answer my own question I guess, but does the PS+ upgrade I have and already played hours of give me even the season pass?

Because usually we must buy season passes as they are not part of the full version of games.

So the PS+ upgrade to FULL game, doesn't have SEASON PASS in it, right?
Yeah no season pass.

Melchiah

I was able to get club points today for the first time since US launch at least, thats the only improvement Ive seen.

Good to know. I'll try if it works for me later on today. That's the primary thing I've been missing, as I'm not really interested in the online multiplayer or leaderboards.

red731

sarcastic reply that doesn't answer anything

But it makes sense like with every other season passes ever. Maybe if it was digital lim. edition then yes, but since it is only upgrade then no.

ed: oh, I edited my post, see LoudNinjas reply. That is what you are hitting at.

Fonds

Playing with Cockpit + HUD off is so much fun but when you race a track for the first time the minimap would be nice to see (i don't care about fame/position)

loving the game so far but those small things I'll never understand why they are missing :(

Use twitter to make the point known with @rushy33.

He's very responsive when it comes to constructive feedback. I asked about the colour selection availability for factory colour schemes, outside of garage mode.
Got a tweet back within the day saying it would be looked into.

barit

I can't do it either. At this point I'm just doing the drifting events once to get a star and then not bothering to retry.

Well I found out that the speed points are important too. They get added to the final points. So you should not only focusing on drifting but on high speed too.

FtHTiny

Somehow i doubt that the club fame will be counted after they fixed it. I was only earlier and the xpdid wierd stuff after every race. It would just jump back to a previous level and so on.

23qwerty

I don't understand how so many people have difficulty figuring out how to customize cars when it's in the exact same place as every other racing game ever?

F311

Where about's is it you go to customize your car? I've had a quick look but couldnt find it.

Ah nevermind i found it

JP

Playing with Cockpit + HUD off is so much fun but when you race a track for the first time the minimap would be nice to see (i don't care about fame/position)(
Somebody asked about this a few days ago and they said it's something they're looking into at the moment.

juicyb

Hey if anyone needs a club I started one and my friend won't be coming back for another week still. Send a request to jb4444 if interested ^^

cyen

For the first time yesterday (after the patch) i could connect and create a club. Went to sleep and now i can´t connect again :\

At least i can progress the tour and keep the points for the club! Happy man

OmegaDL50

Are we almost at the point that an OT 2 can be opened for this game?

Here are some ideas

DRIVECLUB |OT 2| More Drive...Less Club!

DRIVECLUB |OT 2| Driving with a chance of Clubbing.

Anyone else feel this game has some of the best tracks ever put in a racing game? Just did one of the Canada tracks, I think a reverse one, which was downhill the majority of the track and quite long to boot. Suffice to say, just sublime. The back drops, awe inspiring scope, visuals, details, foliage, choice of corners, elevation changes, extreme speeds etc. Magnificent stuff.

I ain't into arcade racers but looking at some of these tracks and damn how I wish they were in GT. They have a good flow.

OmegaDL50

You believe people deserve to be compensated because they had to endure a few days without an online aspect of a game working correctly?

Seriously?

When one of the main selling points of the game is to join a Club and participate in social aspects and challenges and races from other Clubs, as denoted with the games title of Driveclub and the fact this feature hasn't worked properly since day one is something take issue with.

There is a point when an apology for said downtime isn't simply enough.

While I would say getting a $24 season pass for free is a bit much, but a discount on it or one of the Free monthly DLC cars given early once Evolution gets everything to a level of normalcy is reasonably fair.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
There is definitely tons of reverse rubber banding. I was doing the Scottish open again just to get the clean lap star, so I gave the AI a huge headstart, then literally tip-toed around the track to get a clean lap. Screwed up lap one as I wasn't concentrating but got the clean lap on lap two. Then just floored it for the last lap and still overtook everyone and won the race.

Like the gyro steering a lot. Might even cancel my T300 as the gyro is giving me some nice fine control and I don't know if I can justify such an expensive wheel just for one game (can use my DFGT at for PC for now)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You believe people deserve to be compensated because they had to endure a few days without an online aspect of a game working correctly?

Seriously?

I think people in the US that will probably have had it at least a week before the online works deserve something back, considering how integrated the online and aynchronous challenge parts of the game are supposed to be.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Went to buy TEW yesterday and found a used copy, decided to pick it up instead of waiting for the plus edition. Sony, your evil plan worked... Kinda.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

The drifting is amazing in this game, I highly suggest people sit down with the drifting challenges and get good at it. I basically slam the handbrake and steer all the way toward the direction I'm turning to start drift, then I steer the reverse direction while my backend is sliding while managing the acceleration. Feels good man.

Any easy way to switch between a wheel and DS4 without quiting the game?Still cant figure out.

I just unplug the wheel from the power brick and then press the PS button on the controller. Once you see the Playstation home screen enter back into the game and the controller will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom