• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree that you should keep your cars when disbanding from a clan, otherwise I could join any lvl 20 open clan, get everything and quit. I prefer this system.

Yessss, i was finally able to create a club today, is anyone interested in joining ? I want five members asap!

Name: Prancing Bull

Any clubs looking for people?
Or wanna join my exclusive "Das Club" :D

Finally got online! Is there a main GAF club I should join, or should I just create my own?

Join me guys!

Just unlocked the RUF RT12 R. So fun to drive, I lost almost three hours just mastering one of the Canadian tracks in time trials. I understand people's frustration with the online aspects in the game, but there is so much content in the single player. Shitload of tracks, a long Tour mode, and I didn't even touch the drift mode yet.

The big part of the enjoyment in playing online is the excellent handling and great track design the game offers. This is all available offline. Again, I 'm not judging anyone requesting a refund, since this is an incomplete product, but is it really hard to play a big portion of what the game offers offline a week after release?

A game built around its online component wouldn't have a 10-15 hour career mode, nor have 55 tracks available offline with daylight cycles and several different modes.

A game built around its online component is Destiny or Titanfall. With no offline single player at all and needs an online connection in order to function.

Heh. Two stars till I finish the career mode. I've done so without being able to drive the cars that can be acquired through club progress. No challenges have been sent to my one club member that was able to join. No social interaction sharing the thrill of competing indirectly against each other. I really have the feeling that I've missed something. It's like watching the best movie ever in the cinema for the first time while someone behind me is crackling a bag of crisps; partly ruining the experience. That first time experience has past.

Kane1345

dc3_by_kane1345-d82l00a.gif

Loving the game :)

Fix the online EVO!

Semper88

Might sound crazy but i had trouble with drifting so i started to experiment on how to.

Turns out tapping the handbreak in a corner is the answer for me. I keep tapping till i get a nice line and a steady drift and after that its playing with the throttle.

Try it, gives you more control.

I hated the drift events the first couple of days. Someone suggested going manual and down shifting to maintain torque. Couldn't do it.

I flipped back to automatic and went for your advice. I have three stars from every drift event open at the moment!

Loving this game.
Awesome, very glad to hear the advice helped!

v1lla21

As the online doesn't work ... against the AI​​, which is not bad.

Race in the road circuit of Sentraltind at Norway with the Spyker C8 Aileron.

[UR="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOE31tSlyiY"][IM]https://i.ytimg.com/vi_webp/TOE31tSlyiY/mqdefault.webp[/IMG][/URL]
[ur]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOE31tSlyiY[/url]

The lighting at dawn and dusk is superb.
Oh man, I didn't know you posted on GAF! I've been watching your videos for over a year Lol.

Awesome, very glad to hear the advice helped!
Same thing I do! Although I use both throttle and brake to manage the drift. Have you done the single drifting events? Those are extremely fun.

viveks86

Had my first barrel roll today. Car landed upside down and went sliding quite a distance. Stayed that way till it reset. God damn that was scary in cockpit view!

theWB27

Go to Redbox to rent the game....case comes out and someone has replaced the disc with a piece of paper....try another box and same thing. Gotta love people.

I'm new to the game and only in the rookie tour but does anyone else find the brakes very touchy? I find even the slightest press of L2 is full brake power.

Vodh

Both of these are supposed to happen, but have issues right now.

Glad to hear about club points when offline. Are you sure club cars are supposed to stay unlocked when you're offline too? That would pretty much leave drifting as my only gripe with the game.

Those cars are already in the game. The pre-order bonus was just instant access to them and an exclusive livery for each of them.

Oh, cool, cheers!

theWB27

I live in Indy. Yeah.. I thought they had to scan something on the disc. The paper was a copy of the inner circle...not even the whole disc.

@Nullpointer.....heh

Guess I'll wait for Family Video to get it in to rent.

Auctopus

HUDless, Cockpit view on Putre, Chile.

Constantly being blown away by the visuals. Far and away the best looking race I've ever played. The amount I'm enjoying these tracks makes me so excited for the DLC and the weather update. Hope there's more point2point.

v1lla21

Yeah, prestige mode for Tour sounds dope.

Hopefully we get an update that will let us do more cosmetic customization along with a walking mode. A sort of garage ala GTA V would be great.

wouwie

While waiting for the servers, i spent some time doing the first two time trails (Canada and Scotland) and genuinely felt that this game has a lot of potential. Love the driving (dash cam is awesome), love the car sounds (volume seems low though, even at 100%), the UI is well designed and fast (a bit small font), loading is fast, sense of speed is great (even with those slower cars) and the visuals are great (great windscreen reflections and the lightning/cloud system in particular looks amazing) and fun track design. No unnecessary features, just select race and go. It definately needed a replay mode though. This should have been included from the start.

Auctopus

I'm repping GAF EU as it was the only club that was working when I joined but if anyone here wants some times/drivers to race against, feel free to add me.

PSN: Auctopus

Add a little note to say you're from Driveclub GAF :)

sun-drop

This game has the best cockpit view Ive ever seen.. I've been playing exclusively using it.

Headtrackibg via the ps4 cam might have been interesting. As the door mirrors are so good.. Actually gives me a reason to use the right stick.

Late Flag

This game has the best cockpit view Ive ever seen.. I've been playing exclusively using it.

Headtrackibg via the ps4 cam might have been interesting. As the door mirrors are so good.. Actually gives me a reason to use the right stick.

I love watching cockpit vids, but I just can't play that way. The FOV is too small for me to see the track. Bumper cam all the way for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom