• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Radec

So we're getting more lambos in another month? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

its_classified_barack_obama.gif

AMG

Neo Member
Holy Mother!! That is impressive. If we can create replays like that then this game just became my number one racer of all time! Oooooh GT is going to have it rough topping all this Evo madness! The sound, the sound!!! GT better work with Evo on the sounds. I still have room for a simulation game like GT but I expect more from it now. :))

lordxar

So I'm either dense and missed it or am reading into things...if Rushy says they had fun making that vid and were getting replays, does that mean photomode is integrated with replays so you can make your own videos? Holy shit if true...

Edit: my assumption was that replays just let you watch a race over as opposed to moving the camera and setting up shots.

Greenymac

Just got this game friday and I can feel it starting to dig its claws into me... I dont get why there was so much hate for this game, Oh wait, yeah I do.....Anyway, the racing feels good so far and Im ready to unlock more vehicles and see how they react.

hitgirl

I like this game but I hate how much drifting challenges there are. Drifting is so lame and those events just feel cheap. Maybe I just suck at it. I usually skip them but the completionist inside of me hates that.

nib95

Banned
I like this game but I hate how much drifting challenges there are. Drifting is so lame and those events just feel cheap. Maybe I just suck at it. I usually skip them but the completionist inside of me hates that.

Once you get the hang of it, they're easy points and experience. The challenges are far more viable as well. Someone posted a drifting guide somewhere, if I had a link to it I'd have posted it. But try and search around for it. Could help.

lordxar

You just suck lol I been there. Drifting is all about throttle control. Once you get it though...you cant have enough. I'm blowing through drift events like their nothing now. Still stuck on a couple but their vastly more fun now. Get your angle and let off the gas then slowly add throttle to keep control. Friend of mine works in brake but ive been managing with just letting off the gas.

That feel when you've been struggling for over a week with the drift challenges, getting super frustrated as to why its so god damn hard, only to realize you've been pressing square instead of circle for handbrake...

I freaking muscled out 1 star in most of them too before checking the settings while in disbelief that drifting could be that effing hard. Saw handbrake is mapped to circle and dropped my head in shame of how noob I had been.

On the bright side, I'm now just having trouble going for that 3rd star on most of them in the Drive playlist.

IKizzLE

I'd rather take a sequel in 2016 over season 2. Flesh out the single player more, add more visual customizations, overhaul online multiplayer, make it 60 fps with the same graphic level, etc.

Itv would also be more profitable for them as well and would be a clean slate to not repeat the disastrous launch.

I can't be doing with the online racing in this, so how do I take part in a gaffer time trial challenge?

After trying all the tracks Black Hills 03 is the goat, nothing comes close. I need more Rushy, what's the eta on the course creator?

Putty

I'd rather take a sequel in 2016 over season 2. Flesh out the single player more, add more visual customizations, overhaul online multiplayer, make it 60 fps with the same graphic level, etc.

Itv would also be more profitable for them as well and would be a clean slate to not repeat the disastrous launch.

lol, u dont wan't much then Kiz!

How in-depth do you guys think the audio mixing options will be? I wanna turn down the tire squeal and crank up the cokpit engine sound to 11.

I'd also like to make the lightning/storm sound effects a lot louder.

lordxar

How in-depth do you guys think the audio mixing options will be? I wanna turn down the tire squeal and crank up the cokpit engine sound to 11.

I'd also like to make the lightning/storm sound effects a lot louder.

Hopefully it raises the overall volume. Cars still seem muted a bit but weather is badass on my surround. The headset I have is decent but the thunder sounded gamey; on the surround sound system it sounds badass though.

benzy

Yeah, hopefully we can crank up the engine sounds louder than the current max sound setting.

I can't be doing with the online racing in this, so how do I take part in a gaffer time trial challenge?

It's an old list but these members sent out a lot of challenges in the past so you can add them to your friends list and you'll get their challenges. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150800180&postcount=10754

Also add Vagabone and Phenom_Evolution (the dev team). Kie25 is new to the forums but he's also the fastest player we have. You can add me as well :p psnID: Vspectra06

Putty

Yeah, hopefully we can crank up the engine sounds louder than the current max sound setting.

It's an old list but these members sent out a lot of challenges in the past so you can add them to your friends list and you'll get their challenges. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150800180&postcount=10754

Also add Vagabone and Phenom_Evolution (the dev team). Kie25 is new to the forums but he's also the fastest player we have. You can add me as well :p psnID: Vspectra06

I don't think I've got you Benzy so I'll add in a bit.

Shaneus

Don't get me wrong, loves me some Lambos, but I still want some slower cars to rough and tumble with. I have more fun eeking an extra .01 of a second a lap out of a Sports than I do out of a Hyper. Much more precision needed.

IKizzLE

lol, u dont wan't much then Kiz!

lol. Honestly, give me the same game at 60 fps and slap a 2 on it and I'll drop 60 for it.
I don't want open world, gear tuning, and rpg grind elements.
Just fix the minor things that people have been saying for awhile.

kie25

After 5 fucking hours of trying I just got 1:20:029........ Fuck.
The 1.20 time is a reasonable time, there should be more like that, if 1.16s low are possible then it's a reasonable target, I think allot of it is just learning the track, people in general are to used to racing lines, and you can tell online, I'm glad they were not included as I think they are such a bad thing, people don't learn the tracks they just follow a line and that's it. Driveclub forces you to learn the tracks look at the scenery for brake markers etc.

Don't know if this has been brought up before but has anyone else notice the coloured flags don't always appear at corners? I've been running Fraser valley a bit recently and on the occassional run the flags don't appear and it throws my braking points enough that the run is a write off.

Anyone know what causes it or ways to stop it happening?

Hi GAF Driveclubers! I just joined the party yesterday taking advantage of the 10% discount code.

Since the OT is a bit "lacking", is there a GAF club (EU or otherwise) that I can join?

krioto

Don't know if this has been brought up before but has anyone else notice the coloured flags don't always appear at corners? I've been running Fraser valley a bit recently and on the occassional run the flags don't appear and it throws my braking points enough that the run is a write off.

Anyone know what causes it or ways to stop it happening?
Change the crowd size setting off random, as sometimes this will set it to none, which also removes the flags

Top Bottom