• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Falk

that puzzling face
Durante, as someone who worked on the trilogy, and has always seen Steam as the ultimate archival version of things. I want to thank you for doing this.

We're meeting Masashi Hamauzu today (Taiwan concert). I actually can't wait to show him this.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Locked resolution? Come on SE.

Is the framerate locked too? And are there ANY graphics options? Was considering buying this on sale and might dump my PS3 version (probably all three games, even though I just got LR on the cheap not long before the PC announcement).

MayMay

Banned
9b40d5193c.jpg

<3

Locked resolution? Come on SE.

Is the framerate locked too? And are there ANY graphics options? Was considering buying this on sale and might dump my PS3 version (probably all three games, even though I just got LR on the cheap not long before the PC announcement).

Framerate is locked to 60

Hugstable

Banned
So I have it installed an the program is now open for GeDoSaTo, is there anything else I need to do in these settings or do I just play the game? This is my first time using GeDoSaTo so I have no clue what I'm doing with it lol.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So I have it installed an the program is now open for GeDoSaTo, is there anything else I need to do in these settings or do I just play the game? This is my first time using GeDoSaTo so I have no clue what I'm doing with it lol.

Yeah i have never used GeDoSaTo either so i dont know how to use it.

Awesome work Durante.

Eyothrie

Durante, any idea what is causing random FPS drops? My gtx 680 is only using 50% power while downsampling from 4k to 1080p. I'll get random stutters in battles where the fps drops to 40-45 and then quickly jumps back up to 60fps. This is distracting.

Durante to the rescue! I might actually buy this now.

Durante, any idea what is causing random FPS drops? My gtx 680 is only using 50% power while downsampling from 4k to 1080p. I'll get random stutters in battles where the fps drops to 40-45 and then quickly jumps back up to 60fps. This is distracting.

Try forcing power management to maximum in the Nvidia control panel. Someone posted how to here.

golem09

Neo Member
Oh my, 3840x2160@60 looks very, very lovely, too bad my 560 goes down to 30 with that resolution, and the 970 I considered buying is sold out everywhere...

TheTux

Using this config file and the game still has few fps:
clearRenderResolutions
renderResolution 960x540@60
#renderResolution 3840x2160@60
#renderResolution 5120x2880@60

aaQuality 0
#aaType smaa

injectPSHash 1329c9bf

pluginHandlesDownsampling true
forcePresentRes true

presentInterval 0 #-1 unchanged, 0 no vsync
#forceBorderlessFullscreen true

logLevel 0

What am I doing wrong?

MayMay

Banned
Capped was the correct word to use there. My bad for getting it wrong in the post he responded to.

Yea, well - thats exactly what I meant. Sorry lol Its capped at 60 - and running 60 most of the time (for me). Except the pre-rendered cutscenes are 30fps.

From his blog:

The game performs really well from what I’ve seen, both GPU and CPU-wise. But their frame limiting/pacing stuff sometimes seems to bug out.

Maybe that's what people are seeing? Hopefully can be fixed.

Xyber

3200x1800 works, but 3840x2160 does not.

Getting something other than crashes now at least and a respectable resolution. Still, want that 4K to work.

Thank you for doing this for another game.

I tried out 2560x1440 but it looked really bad, 3200x1800 looks good and I can get a stable 60 with my GTX 670.

I got 3840x2160 working, but it was sitting at 56~ FPS.

Yeah i have never used GeDoSaTo either so i dont know how to use it.

Awesome work Durante.
Just leave it running while you launch your game. Normally you would add the game's exe file name to the whitelist document but I'm sure this update already has all that taken care of.

Never used GeDoSaTo before, no idea what I'm doing.

Can anyone post a how-to to get this game running at 1080p with the tool?

Specs:

i5 3570k
16GB RAM
GTX 670

help would be much appreciated!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I'm only getting 30fps when I use this

Am I doing something wrong? It looks great though (1080p)

dmr87

Durante, as someone who worked on the trilogy, and has always seen Steam as the ultimate archival version of things. I want to thank you for doing this.

We're meeting Masashi Hamauzu today (Taiwan concert). I actually can't wait to show him this.

Awesome.

UnrealEck

SE might be working on the resolution issue themselves. They've pinned the thread requesting 1080p resolution in the Steam forums.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Damn, Durante already getting hooked up with the legends.

iosefe

what does Arbitrary rendering and presentation resolutions being 16x9 only mean for a 16x10 user? do i have to switch monitors?

Gbraga

SE might be working on the resolution issue themselves. They've pinned the thread requesting 1080p resolution in the Steam forums.

They should probably look into whatever is causing the GPU usage stutter first, tbh.

Of course, publishers shouldn't be counting on Durante to do their job, but, since he already did, might as well fix everything else first and then giving us official resolution support.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yep! Confirmed 30fps lock with GeDoSaTo. Anyone know how to increase it? Currently playing @1080p

I put 0, 0, 0 on everything (resolution-wise, didn't touch anything else)

Nethaniah

Even with this the framerate drops at random moments, i don't think forcing more stuff to make the cpu / gpu wake up is the answer, this requires a patch imho.

Zafir

Yeeessss. Glorious downsampling! Thank you so much Durante! Never expected a fix to be out so quick.

Run-M-Run

This is a godsend.

But why can't the big companies who release these games do this? Why do they release such a poorly optimized product? I can't wrap my head around this. It's baffling.

Top Bottom