• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

ss_lemonade

The game uses custom Squeenix library for XInput, instead of more widely used xinput1_3.dll - meaning people not using X360 or Logitech pads are out of luck.
Did that fullscreen-exit-menu update make changes to this, because when the game first came out on steam, I could not get it to stream properly to my Nvidia Shield due to the controls not working. Now it works fine

Wavebossa

Ok for some reason I can no longer play this game in full screen despite the launcher being set to full screen.

I deleted GeDoSaTo and removed it from the registry just in case. Still noting. My options seem to be 720p windowed or 4k windowed. Anyone else having this issue?

Btw I'm running SLI, but it was working just fine yesterday with SLI enabled so... :/

EDIT: Screw it, reinstalling/redownloading the game. I hope FF13-2 is less of a headache

rybrad

FFXIII PC patch finally arrives. Disappointing. Game still runs like ass.Fixed very few of the major problems
It definitely made it better for me, runs at a perfectly smooth 60fps with no drops anymore. That is a real bummer they didn't get it sorted out for everyone. Hopefully they will be doing another round of patches since both games are (almost) out now instead of waiting for Lightning Returns...

Xyber

I ran it at 4K with maxed shadows and 16xMSAA, in fights I got drops to 30 when a lot of shit was going on. But outside of fights I had 60 in the area I'm in now, but that is just caves so I don't know how it holds up in other areas with more stuff. I might go back to an older save and see how the performance is there later.

Durante

I wrote a blog post about some of the latest GeDoSaTo updates.

Basically the new stuff is much better borderless windowed fullscreen mode compatibility and performance trace recording.

BlackEyes

for some reason no matter what i do it wont show me the resolutions ingame in any game, let's say i want hitman absolution i write the HMA in the wishlist, go ingame but the new resolutions are not showing up, what am i doing wrong?
edit: in dark souls 2 it shows up for some reason guess cause u pre-listed it.. i must be doing something wrong then? can u help me figure it out?
edit: ahhh just saw it doesn't support dx 11 :(

Try as i like i cannot get this game to go above 30 fps. Default without the GeDoSaTo it stays at 30 and no combination of settings in GDST seems to make a difference...it dips below to 20-25 or so when downsampling from 2k.

My monitor is a 1920x1200 but i even tried the default downsample res to 1080 with the same results.

Anyone else with a 760 have settings they can share?

ok weird , while i was minimized typing this , i went back in game and it was 60 fps...it bounced around for awhile in the 50s and eventually kept bouncing between 30-60 but in a battle...instant 30.

It only uses 25% or so of the pc and not even have my memory

Eyothrie

I wrote a blog post about some of the latest GeDoSaTo updates.

Basically the new stuff is much better borderless windowed fullscreen mode compatibility and performance trace recording.

How does it work? I put this setting in the ffxiiimg user INI:
forceBorderlessFullscreen true

Then I set the game to windowed mode. Its just not working for me. It stays windowed.

TheTux

How does it work? I put this setting in the ffxiiimg user INI:
forceBorderlessFullscreen true

Then I set the game to windowed mode. Its just not working for me. It stays windowed.

Set the game to Fullscreen mode, then GeDoSaTo will make it borderless.

Hellix

Bumping thread to see if anyone can help resolve my issue.

I had this working great couple months ago, then I stopped playing. I came back to the game and updated to the latest version of GeDoSaTo, but it appears to not be working for me anymore? The indicator comes up in the top left but the game looks exactly the same as if I never turned GeDoSaTo on.

Couple months ago (4K downsampled to 2560x1440):

SdMs413.jpg

Today (8K downsampled to 2560x1440):

Tried deleting the GeDoSaTo folder, removing it from registry, and installing it somewhere else. No dice.

Toggling AA/Scaling/Post Processing shows no change while in-game either.

AsianOni

That's because with the game update, you can have pretty much the same settings as GeDoSaTo from the launcher. But in order to continue using GeDoSaTo if I remember correctly you have to be either 720p/windowed mode or Full-Screen with custom resolution. Also the settings between GDST and the launcher must match (shadow resolution, MSAA,...)

Hellix

That's because with the game update, you can have pretty much the same settings as GeDoSaTo from the launcher. But in order to continue using GeDoSaTo if I remember correctly you have to be either 720p/windowed mode or Full-Screen with custom resolution. Also the settings between GDST and the launcher must match (shadow resolution, MSAA,...)

Awesome, thanks! I didn't even realize the rendering resolution I was setting on GDST made it appear in the launcher.

Can someone help me?

I can't get the game to run full screen on my TV. It works perfectly fine on my PC monitor, but when I switch displays to my Bravia, it looks like this

I have forceBorderlessFullscreen set to "true" and I have the game set to launch in full screen mode, but I tried setting it back to the default "false" and it still doesn't work. The only way the game will launch full screen is if I disable Gedosato entirely.

Top Bottom