• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

~Kinggi~

Banned
This is a godsend.

But why can't the big companies who release these games do this? Why do they release such a poorly optimized product? I can't wrap my head around this. It's baffling.

Boggles the mind how some companies function at all. He did this in < 5 hours. Probably be a few days to get things stable and working. SE better wise up and put more effort into the 13-2 port.

Nethaniah

I've never used GeDoSaTo. Does anyone have a good guide?

i5-4670K
GTX 770
8GB Ram

I just downloaded it and it worked, probably because it uses a specific config file for this game.

Boggles the mind how some companies function at all. He did this in < 5 hours. Probably be a few days to get things stable and working. SE better wise up and put more effort into the 13-2 port.

Everything we get SE to do with this port is useful for the other two games in order to not get them released in this sorry state.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Everyone be patient he wasnt even gonna release this today. He knows there is a lot wrong still. Dont spam him messages.

Trace

Banned
I'm more than happy to wait as long as needed, since he's already proven it's totally fixable.

Also that tag is godlike.

I hate that damn game, and this makes me dislike it/Square even more. Why even release it? Oh, wait, it's because when it was announced, it was the top seller on Steam for a significant period of time.

Seriously, people need to stop enabling publishers and letting them get away with shit like this. I echo the sentiment of some others here and say bravo to Durante for getting this sorted out so quickly, but this should not be left up to the community. Put a modicum of effort into your game releases. And don't pre-order shit like this - especially coming from a company like Square.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Everyone be patient he wasnt even gonna release this today. He knows there is a lot wrong still. Dont spam him messages.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Durante actually has shit to do in real life.

Unlike the people who failed to port this game correctly, he actually doesn't get paid for this.

TheF1BOB

Banned

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Durante actually has shit to do in real life.

Unlike the people who failed to port this game correctly, he actually doesn't get paid for this.

Yeah he'll probably have the game patched by the weekend the way he's going at it atm lol.

based durante.

timshundo

OK lets try this again: my favorite wall (this time in badly compressed 2560x1440)

SB0yfkb.jpg

kick51

Banned
I hate that damn game, and this makes me dislike it/Square even more. Why even release it? Oh, wait, it's because when it was announced, it was the top seller on Steam for a significant period of time.

Seriously, people need to stop enabling publishers and letting them get away with shit like this. I echo the sentiment of some others here and say bravo to Durante for getting this sorted out so quickly, but this should not be left up to the community. Put a modicum of effort into your game releases. And don't pre-order shit like this - especially coming from a company like Square.

ok, pc gamers can start by boycotting the next bethesda open world RPG.

Bugs and known issues:

• Rendering resolutions larger than 3840×2160 don&#8217;t work

Really? The program lets me set 7680x4320. I can start the game. Performance acts accordingly (i.e. drops to 30fps), EXCEPT at the very end of battles right before the status screen when all enemies disappear. Then my FPS jumps almost to 60fps while still rendering the game. I'm running a GTX Titan. I'm wondering if there is a Dark Souls 30fps/15fps esque performance limitation hard coded into the game.

BTW, you want a 4k60fps game to show off on your expensive 4k monitor/TV, this could be that game if you have the right card.

Can't wait for screenshot support.

Andrefpvs

Durante
A Deadly Premonition hit his Dark Soul like a bolt of Lightning: "I can make their games better."
(Today, 10:48 PM)

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

legacyzero

Banned
I had no desire to get the PC version until this moment.

It was the same with Dark Souls as well for me.

I was totally going to buy that game until I found out how bad the port was. Minutes later, it was saved. Bought instantly.

Is S-E doing this on purpose? LOL

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
So how do I run this at 2560x1440, if my native res is only 1080p?

Please advise.

Hugstable

Banned
I have the game running fine, but sometimes during the cutscenes the game gets blurry, then not blurry. Don't really know whats causing that.

Fdkn

first excuse me if it's already answered but i'm not very good with the terminology of pc stuff so I don't really know

Using the plugin, the game usually looks like this:

but sometimes on some cutscenes (not all of them) it turns like this:

Did I fuck up something? its normal / work in progress? just wanted to know to stop worrying about it or fix it if it's my fault.

ps: awesome new tag, props to durante for his work.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yep! Confirmed 30fps lock with GeDoSaTo. Anyone know how to increase it? Currently playing @1080p

I put 0, 0, 0 on everything (resolution-wise, didn't touch anything else)

Assuming you have a 1080p 60hz monitor, it should be

1920 1080 60
width height refresh-rate

If it's sticking at 30, your 560ti either can't play the game at 60 at that res, or you need to use the Nvidia Control Panel to force maximum performance

Nzyme32

Durante, as someone who worked on the trilogy, and has always seen Steam as the ultimate archival version of things. I want to thank you for doing this.

We're meeting Masashi Hamauzu today (Taiwan concert). I actually can't wait to show him this.

Excellent!

Skyzard

Banned
first excuse me if it's already answered but i'm not very good with the terminology of pc stuff so I don't really know

OdoZFsC.jpg

3Od4GTi.jpg

Did I fuck up something? its normal / work in progress? just wanted to know to stop worrying about it or fix it if it's my fault.

I think it's the difference between their prerecorded 720p default settings being upscaled, and your new settings with Durante's mod - I could be mistaken though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is there a way to manually lock it at 30fps? I'd much rather do that then have it jump around all the time.

Fdkn

I think it's the difference between their prerecorded 720p default settings being upscaled, and your new settings with Durante's mod :)

yeah I thought it may be that but shouldn't it happen on every cutscene then? that's whats bug me, it's random so I don't really know

Caffeine

the second picture is the depth of field bug that he will fix tommorow

Hugstable

Banned
I think it's the difference between their prerecorded 720p default settings being upscaled, and your new settings with Durante's mod - I could be mistaken though.

No, that's something I'm experiencing also, and when I turn GeDoSaTo off it looks not fuzzy like that.

the second picture is the depth of field bug that he will fix tommorow

Ah sweet! Thanks a ton!

And thanks so much Durante for actually taking the time to do something like this. Game looks amazing with it turned on, once those cutscenes DOF is fixed it's gonna be the perfect way to play FFXIII!

Skyzard

Banned
yeah I thought it may be that but shouldn't it happen on every cutscene then? that's whats bug me, it's random so I don't really know

Hmm it might be that DOF bug he was talking about being low resolution - it looks a little too bad.

I have no idea if that's it though, hopefully things will get ironed out soon enough but damn I'm glad we won't have to suffer at 720p!

jwhit28

I hope Durante can start licensing his solutions and we start seeing a GeDoSaTo Powered logo when launching games. Do Japanese companies think the Western PC audience just want the games on PC because they don't own a Playstation or Xbox?

Top Bottom