• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

sprinkles

I am still getting crashed to the the desktop randomly when the battle animation starts. It seems to happen more often the higher the downsampling resolution is set to. I played a few hours of 1080p yesterday with no downsampling and it finally ran without crashing. Then I started it up again today and the first battle the game crashed. It's really annoying and I cannot figure out the reason (AMD 7950, i5-3570k).

I am still getting crashed to the the desktop randomly when the battle animation starts. It seems to happen more often the higher the downsampling resolution is set to. I played a few hours of 1080p yesterday with no downsampling and it finally ran without crashing. Then I started it up again today and the first battle the game crashed. It's really annoying and I cannot figure out the reason (AMD 7950, i5-3570k).

Are you using a third party program to monitor FPS or anything? I was having all sorts of crashes/random graphical issues just from running RadeonPRO but it's been playing flawlessly since.

burney

Neo Member
Are you using a third party program to monitor FPS or anything? I was having all sorts of crashes/random graphical issues just from running RadeonPRO but it's been playing flawlessly since.

For me it was caused by shadowplay as soon as I turned that off no more crashes.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
as I asked earlier. can you change ingame brightness with gedosato?

You could use a post.fx file to achieve that. You can find it in the GeDoSaTo/assets/DX9 folder. Copy it, paste it into GeDoSaTo/configs/ffxiiimg folder, then edit the post.fx file to enable one of the options that allows for brightness adjustment.

Eyothrie

I've been hoping that a stutter fix for this game would surface, but I'm losing hope. Its a shame this game cannot maintain 60fps at all times on a gtx 680

RangerX

Banned
Hey I'm using the Durante fix and its great but I'm getting this weird eyeliner and fuzzy hair effect on the characters. The frame rate seems to have slowed down a bit in battles too. Anyone know a fix for this?

Levyne

Banned
Hey I'm using the Durante fix and its great but I'm getting this weird eyeliner and fuzzy hair effect on the characters. The frame rate seems to have slowed down a bit in battles too. Anyone know a fix for this?

The eyeliner thing is caused by drivers forcing AA (or forcing it off), make sure in your nvdia control panel /inspector (or amd equivalent) that you have the aa options set to application controlled.

RangerX

Banned
The eyeliner thing is caused by drivers forcing AA (or forcing it off), make sure in your nvdia control panel /inspector (or amd equivalent) that you have the aa options set to application controlled.

That worked great. Thanks for the advice.

Rainy

Banned
I'm just asking before I buy the game, but would I be able to make it look decent with my two year old laptop? (If not, time to take the PS3 version out for a whirl..)
Geforce GT 640M LE, i7 2.10 GHZ, 8 GB RAM.

hengyu

I'm not playing this game until Square fixes that HUD problem. It is so infuriating knowing that it is causing all the performance problems...

I just wanted to thank Durante, like others have, for this. Dark Souls PC was saved by your work. I don't have FFXIII but it's great you're applying yourself to help others out again.

I'm just asking before I buy the game, but would I be able to make it look decent with my two year old laptop? (If not, time to take the PS3 version out for a whirl..)
Geforce GT 640M LE, i7 2.10 GHZ, 8 GB RAM.

If I had the harddrive space on my similarly specced laptop I'd give it a go. I'd imagine you should be able to at least get your laptop's native res running without too much issue.

Sykotik

I wish I could figure out the trick to running at 60fps. Sometimes it works fine.

I decided to switch to 1920x1080 from 4k last night, just to see, and it managed to start running at 60fps even in battles and the UI activated. The game eventually crashed and upon restart, was no longer 60fps in battles.

It's a shame. 60fps looks so much better.

Mkilbride

Banned
Changes Update
Hello,

The FINAL FANTASY XIII team have been working hard to improve your experience on Steam and we're happy to announce the following changes will be rolled out.

■ All versions
A request-to-confirm notification, will now appear when you try to quit from the full-screen mode.

■ Asian version
"Confirm" and "Cancel" button assignments on the Controller Settings have been switched.

We'll be in touch as soon as we're ready for the next one!

SQUARE ENIX

Screw you, Square. Seriously. Just screw you. Just reading this ruined my morning.

Sorry if this has been asked a dozen times. Is the screenshot function borking out at anything nearing the 6K region and beyond something that might be fixed, or should I just make peace with it?

ryan0991

Banned
I'm actually discouraged by that patch. The fact that after two weeks, all they could muster was a fix that should have taken five minutes does not instill me with confidence. They chose to address that absolute least of the problems this port has. Expect more inconsequential fixes. I'll happily admit I was wrong if they announce major fixes.

UnrealEck

So all this time the game has been out and the shitstorm that has ensued, this is what they come with in their first update?

So all this time the game has been out and the shitstorm that has ensued, this is what they come with in their first update?

'all this time' is 2 weeks. If there is a deeper technical issue causing the slow downs, it's going to take longer than that if they even plan on fixing it at all.

UnrealEck

'all this time' is 2 weeks.

I'm well aware of how long the game has been out. Two weeks since release their first update features a notification upon pressing the escape key. No changes to the game launcher to allow resolution changes nevermind in-game options. Their communication is also abysmal.

BONKERS

Screw you, Square. Seriously. Just screw you. Just reading this ruined my morning.
they can't even learn how to make this an option?

Arc the Lad came out in 1995 and had an option to turn off a confirmation for any kind of action if you didn't want it.

And that was a console game.

Knurek

Anyone tried the newest GeForce drivers? The release notes don't mention FFXIII, but maybe, just maybe, it has some optimization for the game?

Rainy

Banned
So my native res is 1920 x 1080 (only at 30fps) and I have it set that way in GeDoSaTo but a lot of the text has jaggedy edges, i find that i can only get rid of it by going to higher resolutions, which impacts my frames in the process. anyway to get around that?

edit: someone suggested using bicubic scaling earlier in the thread but no difference when I enable it, compared to bilinear. Also, is there a way to cap this at 30fps?

Parfait

DBC60E7B23012C83CF00DED74F170412FB1BFF5D

Very, very white.

BONKERS

So my native res is 1920 x 1080 (only at 30fps) and I have it set that way in GeDoSaTo but a lot of the text has jaggedy edges, i find that i can only get rid of it by going to higher resolutions, which impacts my frames in the process. anyway to get around that?

edit: someone suggested using bicubic scaling earlier in the thread but no difference when I enable it, compared to bilinear. Also, is there a way to cap this at 30fps?

Only way to get around it is to play 720p native or downsample. Flat out no other way to fix it.

Tendo

Just getting into setting this up and getting ready to play. Has there been a DOF fix or a method to ensure a stable framerate?

BONKERS

IN regards to low resolution 2D elements.

when it comes to a past Durante fix like Deadly Premonition for example, DPFix has an option to force 16xAF
Code:
# texture filtering override
# 0 = no change 
# 1 = enable some bilinear filtering (use only if you need it!)
# 2 = full 16xAF override (may degrade performance, best quality)
filteringOverride 0
, when disabled you get the effect like in FFXIII, (Even if 16xAF is forced from GPU drivers).

iblIYGgfboKkAO.png

But if you force 16xAF, it seems to apply it to these 2D surfaces

ihpyDjG2O0cdt.png

I wonder if something similar could be done for FFXIII

This is pretty funny.

I just added exactly that option (more or less) to GeDoSaTo for exactly that reason (FF13 HUD), but I hadn't even read your post before that. Anyway, yeah it works. Not quite native res UI, but at least less terrible.

Thanks as always, the fonts looked like poo at 1920x1080 and at 2.5k and 4k I was having other issues (2.5k has this weird diagonal slice through the image and 4k is just a bit too much for my system to stay at 30fps).

BONKERS

haha, well i'm glad you ended up thinking about it. It's not native no.

But it looks miles better than the shitty non-filtering it received without. (Or nearest neighbor, which is what it looks like to me)

There are lots of other PC games that are console ports or something that suffer the same issue. It's pretty annoying. One recent one I can think of is Final Fantasy IV, runs on OGL. Has the intro video from the DS game in 720p. But is scaled via nearest neighbor (Or Point filtered I guess since you point it out) or someshit if you run at anything other than 720p. (Where as if you upscale the video using MPC-HC it scales perfectly)

Forcing MSAA+TrSSAA fixes the issue with that game. But ridiculous none the less

Speaking of Deadly Premonition though, I can't even get the game to run. Regardless of using DPFix or not.
Tried adding blacklist for LAV and what not. Didn't work. I really don't want to uninstall MPC-HC, MadVR and LAV just to play the game. Are really a pain to get setup correctly.

Parsnip

Speaking of Deadly Premonition though, I can't even get the game to run. Regardless of using DPFix or not.
Tried adding blacklist for LAV and what not. Didn't work. I really don't want to uninstall MPC-HC, MadVR and LAV just to play the game. Are really a pain to get setup correctly.

Did you try the physx related stuff? The game was immediately crashing for me until I reinstalled and then repaired the physx redist that comes with the game. Didn't have to uninstall MPC-HC or anything like that.

Gattsu25

Banned
Did you try the physx related stuff? The game was immediately crashing for me until I reinstalled and then repaired the physx redist that comes with the game. Didn't have to uninstall MPC-HC or anything like that.

Can you go into more detail? You started up the uninstaller for PhysX and chose the repair option?

I'm in the midst of watching Twin Peaks and can feel a hankering for some Deadly Premonition building up.

Parsnip

Can you go into more detail? You started up the uninstaller for PhysX and chose the repair option?

I'm in the midst of watching Twin Peaks and can feel a hankering for some Deadly Premonition building up.

I don't remember exactly, but I think I went to the redist folder which is like \SteamApps\common\Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut\redist, launched the PhysX installer and reinstalled it. That didn't help. I then launched the installer again, but this time I used the repair option. And that did the trick.

The problem is that you may not be able to use the installer that comes with the game if your PhysX is newer already. I don't know if repair install with the latest PhysX would have done the trick.

There's a lot of advice on the OP of this thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706035

BONKERS

Yeah I tried the repair option.

Mine specifically crashes AT or after the intro video.

I have the latest Nvidia version of PhysX installed and the Legacy Driver for older titles.

I have thought about uninstalling MPC-HC/LAV and what not. But I REALLY dont' want to. No matter what I did, creating a blacklist in the registry didn't work at all. (As well didn't even have listings for LAV in the locations mentioned by various guides. Probably because didn't install it via an installer >_>)

Changing compatibility does nothing as well

Top Bottom