• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dutch journalist: Guerrilla IP "is RPG", shown during Sony Conference

Jeah sure.. But do you feel Insidegamer really has any importancy in our media world? I mean for me it really only is Gamekings, wish it was more though because I really don't like watching them, but that's another subject which is kinda Offtopic.

On:

I do hope it well get shown, although I do like my Killzone games... Did enjoy Shadowfall PS4 so..
Insidegamer is pretty serious. But i agree that dutch gaming media isn't that significant.

JP

They shared an artwork on their Facebook page

2882567-guerilla.jpg

that's definitely not Killzone related.
It looks very similar to an area in Shadowfall from what I remember of it.

EDIT:

Not saying it's the same place but it does look similar to me.
kz_sf_title.jpg

Lol Gamekings. Do not make me laugh. This is something that they always do. They say they heard it might very well possibly be an RPG and the only thing they got their info from is "a source"

Their source is the internet, twitter or what not. They have no inside information or anything. Bunch of worthless folk who think they are funny with their adoloscent jokes. I have seen their show a few times here in Holland and nothing good ever comes out of it.

Despite that. I totally hope Guerilla Games shows something spectacular. They have the team for it.

Insidegamer is pretty serious. But i agree that dutch gaming media isn't that significant.

Wish it was though! A good dutch gaming media outlet is something I dreamed of for years now.. But it isn't going to happen I think.

But I do feel they are sometimes dangerous media outlets.. I mean with saying stuff like Nintendo is being bought by Microsoft and most recently saying that they where most looking forward to Zelda WIIU being shown, to me you are dangerous for the media outlets and that's why I avoid them and don't pin them on anything, really

Guess I should post what was learned in the concept art leak thread

- Red-haired female protagonist
- 3rd person open world
- John Gonzales (Lead Writer for Fallout: New Vegas) is working on this.
- They hired CD Projekt Red quest designers and other experienced RPG developers.

Hot diggity.

He makes the claim
He says nobody said he couldn't make the announcement and didn't sign anything, the other guy then asks about it being an medieval RPG, he then says it depends on your view of "medieval".

This doesn't even make sense... Okay my view of medieval is Dark Souls mixed with Robot Dinosaurs and umm... aliens... and umm more robots!

galvenize

Wish it was though! A good dutch gaming media outlet is something I dreamed of for years now.. But it isn't going to happen I think.

But I do feel they are sometimes dangerous media outlets.. I mean with saying stuff like Nintendo is being bought by Microsoft and most recently saying that they where most looking forward to Zelda WIIU being shown, to me you are dangerous for the media outlets and that's why I avoid them and don't pin them on anything, really
Well they're trying the best they can i think. But most people check sites from the US, or even France or Germany.

Well they're trying the best they can i think. But most people check sites from the US, or even France or Germany.
That for sure and I do give them credit for bringing Firstlook (a small Gamescom like experience here) to such a small country :) But felt the need to at least say how I see their claims coming to a site like this

That sounds like a step down ..... looks like Sony is all but abondaning the fps shooter space.

Step down? Lol. They've had four attempts at Killzone now (five if you count Liberation) and as much as I like the series it's never really gained traction with the general public or gained Sony a share of the FPS market. If they're being allowed to make something new them I'm 100% in support of that.

Drencrom

Can't wait to finally see Horizon.

I mean, an open world RPG with mecha dinos and medieval weaponry? Count me the fuck in.

Guess I should post what was learned in the concept art leak thread

- Red-haired female protagonist
- 3rd person open world
- John Gonzales (Lead Writer for Fallout: New Vegas) is working on this.
- They hired CD Projekt Red quest designers and other experienced RPG developers.
- It has co-op (not sure if Shinobi ever made a follow-up post saying if it was local, online, or both.)

ralphie.gif

Their gameplay is top notch, they have the best gunplay out there. Here's to hoping that a change in genre brings out in the best of them, I will play it due to the concept sounding absolutely crazy and I have a soft spot for them what with KZ2 being my most played MP game by far.

I wouldn't call KZ3 or Shadow Fall "top notch" gameplay

Killzone 2 on the other hand was so fantastic, but they completely lost the best parts of that game.

The news that they hired Fallout/Witcher guys is very exciting. I am hopeful that this new direction will bring them back on track to super stardom. GG have always been more mixed when it comes to public reception.

I know people loved KZ2, but there were a lot of people who also immediately were turned off by the MP. The SP was definitely one of the best I've played, but they never capitalized on it with KZ3 or Shadow Fall.

The teases here with the concept art are some of the most promising I've seen. It's going to be so insanely refreshing to see Dinosaur Mechs, in a new RPG game, with GG's talented graphics team.

If the protagonist is a female, that sounds even more badass. I like that the characters look like they are from indigenous tribes.

Philippo

I'm wondering against who can you fight with an axe, definitely non robosaurus lol.

I'm curious to see which enemies you'll fight in this aside from the bots: animals, other humans?

DrD

Looking forward to seeing this. No doubt it'll be beautiful. Hopefully we can climb the robo-dinos like it was shown in the concept art.

Where did the redhead female protagonist rumour come from? I haven't heard anything about it and from the leaked concept art I was under the impression that we'd be able to create our own characters.

Oh god, no more create your own character bullshit, it's never done right I've found. I'd much prefer the redhead girl as the protagonist.

Lyonaz

Ahh Gamekings, yeah I wouldn't put too much faith in what these guys are saying, especially Boris, the bald dude.
These guys are like the most uninformed guys out there, usually just spouting bullshit and regurgitating internet rumours.

The only 2 decent guys on their site are Skate and Steven.

nib95

Banned
At least we know it will look beautiful. But as for gameplay, after Shadowfall....I'm cautious.

Shadow Fall's multiplayer was fantastic, and highly underrated imo. The single player definitely faltered, but I think part of that might have been due to it being a launch title.

The gameplay in Shadow Fall is great. The OWL is a wonderful addition, controls feel good, enemy AI is solid and the combat is just fun. It's their writing and sometimes the level design which usually lets them down. Seems like they've already made strides to address these two aspects with this game.

Blobbers

Why can they build super high-tech cool dinosaurs that shoot lasers but can't invent better weapons than bows and hammers?

I think I already found a major flaw in their game, tbh. Back to the drawing board, maybe?

I REALLY do not think Shadowfall was that bad. It has some awful dialog at times but other than that IDK man seems a lot of hyperbole on this site about that certain game.

It went from an open mission structure on Mission 1 to a closed linear shooter at Mission 2. I was surprised that nothing like that Forest mission ever came close in the levels after that.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Never got round to playing Shadow Fall yet but are there different teams in Guerrilla or just one?

Top Bottom