• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Not a peep from Sony or GG.

But we know GG been working on a new IP since 2011 so they've been baking this one in the oven for a while now.

Awww yesss, I totally forget the MGS embargo is lifting.

Hopefully the pics coming in just wet our appetite with no legit leaks happening.

That MGS previews are only going to get my hyped for the eventual trailer. I doubt anything truly of note will get leaked in these pics.

Yup, that's exactly my take on it. I even said so in my post back then when I said PG were overrated. They're a good developer. But the frequent amount of people that hype them to no end consistently, makes them overrated.

And if they want we can even take a look at metacritic, average the scores for all their games they are getting a 78-79 average. They're good developers, but not a "sure hit" "definitely a good game" "should've give them money instead" type of developer that the fans would have you believe.
Could literally apply to any game.. and personally I wouldnt put any amount of reviews on a pedestal its just a box to check.

delSai

I want something like Army of Two or Kane and Lynch announced. Love playing those Split Screen TPS games with my brother, and Xbone & Ps4 really need some of those. I don't even care if its a sequel or a new ip.

iMax

guys its happening

eArsgSB.png

klaushm

I want something like Army of Two or Kane and Lynch announced. Love playing those Split Screen TPS games with my brother, and Xbone & Ps4 really need some of those. I don't even care if its a sequel or a new ip.

Was one of my early X360 games, and was pretty fun to play with my brother too.
I think that this generations are failing to deliver good couch co-op games.
Hoping on Lego Star Wars VII, to do my Nth dip on lego star wars series.

I'm sure this goes without saying, but the only thing I hope for this crossover is that it treats the Playstation lineage with respect this time around.

Better character roster is a must, and not using it as a platform to help market characters from upcoming 3rd party games. Overall polish is the highest priority, though. A unified, coherent art style and appealing menus would go a long way.

I suspect this'd be a great announcement for PSX this year.
LTTP since I am behind. (Will likely skip some pages to catch up if I keep being behind) but I agree with this.

This is for Verundus (Yes I know thats probably misspelled.) and suggestions for the Mascot Brawler:

For the Sony Mascot game, it seems like its going to be a Brawler instead of a Smash clone. Dissapointed in this since if it was a full on Smash clone I'd be more excited since...there are no Smash games except Smash, not even PSABR since it didn'use percents and knocking opponets off screen, but no matter if it is a Brawler or whatever genre its in there are a few things that I feel are a must.

1: Trophies. Only so many playable characters can get in, so having a variety of trophies (Or keychains like Kirby Triple Deluxe if its sprite/2D/Drawn based) with a full description, as well as a lost of games that the character or item the trophy is based on is a must. Have trophies to be a museum of the entire history of Playstation.

2: Roster. It seems your pretty buddy buddy with Square nowadays, but even if you can't get Cloud or Lara don't worry about it. Just don't add characters that make no sense like Raiden instead of Snake, new Dante instead of old Dante, Isaac, Big Daddy. Don't add in third parties just to please third parties

If Sucker Punch asks for two slots again then give it to them. The alt colors would be in the game anywayz so it makes no difference if it has its own slot except for whine babies on the internet.

Besides the four third party characters that I listed above who I think shouldn't be in, I don't think any of the first parties in PSABR should be cut except maybe Starhawk guy and GoW villain due to not being iconic enough/thinking Kratos is enough for GoW.

Get in atleast a couple smaller companies/indies in. These smaller companies and indies are very important to Sony's systems now and atleast a few should get in. My unbiased suggestions would be Yu from Persona 4, Wandering Soul from Journey, and main character from PixelJunk Monsters. These three seem like the biggest from that catagory. Theres plenty more if you want to go all out like Otcodad, Skullgirls character, Adol Christin, or in my biased opinion Neptune as Vita rep :p. But sticking to 1-3 should be good and the three main ones I mentioned seem the most important. Yu (Fan favorite JRPG) Journey/PixelJunk Monster (fan favorite indies. And yes I know Journey is first party)

Try to get a couple more girls in there. Don't know who tho lol. Tearway has both genders as protagonists so that would be a start. Ellie from TLOU but that may be stretching the character limit too thin since Joel is the main character and you'd...most likely have to put him in first.

3: Make sure netcode is good. I don't think that connecting glitch was never fixed.

4: Try and have Vita version too but its understandable if its not.

5: And finally: Consider giving other developers the chance to kickstart characters. For example say it cost three million per character to get developed. Let someone like Yatch Club Games or Playtonic to do a kickstarter to get their characters in the game. You may just get a free character out of it! :O Probably not but consider that option. Theres lots of people who'd want those characters in a fighting game.

delSai

Guys? What do you see on the left flag post banner?

cW9jZiJ.jpg

Just Cause 3

Was one of my early X360 games, and was pretty fun to play with my brother too.
I think that this generations are failing to deliver good couch co-op games.
Hoping on Lego Star Wars VII, to do my Nth dip on lego star wars series.

There are still some reeeally good and fun local MP games like Towerfall and Sportsfriends. Those games are fucking awesome.

chadboban

Nobody said you should feel like that. At least I didn't. And for me, and anyone who agrees me, it is overrated. No, if you don't accept this opinion, is entire up to you õ.o

Then you saying

I've answered that correctly, didn't? If someone has the right to love unconditionally, another one has the right to hate it unconditionally too.

I'm not putting words in your mouth dude, but I think you are not handling well with some people saying the game you love is overrated. But don't fell bad, try to insult .hack. It's the series I most love, but, I won't feel like you can't hate it, or can't dislike it.

But I will simplify the equation:
I ate a cookie and thought it is good.
You ate a cookie from the same batch(baking) and says it's the best cookie you in your life and could it for the rest of your life everyday and second.

Understand how it sounds to me? It sounds like you are overreacting about how good the cookie is.

Now, the final question. Want some cookie? :3

Reading over my statement now I can kind of see how it could be interpreted like that. I guess what I meant to say was more "How can I tell someone how much something deserves to be valued"

After reading other people's comments I think I can see why people react the way that they do to the word. When someone says something is overrated, it doesn't really come across as saying "I don't like this thing as much as you guys". It tends to more come across as "You guys like this thing too much" and think people tend to react somewhat negatively to being told that.

And c'mon man, I hope you don't really think that I'm "not handling well with some people saying the game you love is overrated". It's not my intention to come off that way nor to I feel others should feel the same way I do about a game. That would be crazy of me and I think if anyone actually thought that way they'd probably drive themselves insane.

My comment was more about the use of the word "overrated" and nothing else as I see it get used so often. I don't want to argue with you because after reading your comment here, I do feel like we agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions and no one should tell someone what games they should like and shouldn't like.

Also, yes I'd love a cookie :)

ok so im still sticking to SSX 2016 being teased, along with a quick tease of Visceral's Star Wars game.

DOOM will steal the Bethesda show, itll have some really cool moments in the demo.

Gorilla's RPG game will be talked about all e3

NFS will really evolve the online connectivity that games are trying to bring to consoles.

Fallout 4 will release this Oct.

Rainbow Six Siege will be pushed back to early 2016

Quazar

ok so im still sticking to SSX 2016 being teased, along with a quick tease of Visceral's Star Wars game.

DOOM will steal the Bethesda show, itll have some really cool moments in the demo.

Gorilla's RPG game will be talked about all e3

NFS will really evolve the online connectivity that games are trying to bring to consoles.

Fallout 4 will release this Oct.

Rainbow Six Siege will be pushed back to early 2016

So if r6 gets delayed The Division is holiday 2016?

Reading over my statement now I can kind of see how it could be interpreted like that. I guess what I meant to say was more "How can I tell someone how much something deserves to be valued"

After reading other people's comments I think I can see why people react the way that they do to the word. When someone says something is overrated, it doesn't really come across as saying "I don't like this thing as much as you guys". It tends to more come across as "You guys like this thing too much" and think people tend to react somewhat negatively to being told that.

And c'mon man, I hope you don't really think that I'm "not handling well with some people saying the game you love is overrated". It's not my intention to come off that way nor to I feel others should feel the same way I do about a game. That would be crazy of me and I think if anyone actually thought that way they'd probably drive themselves insane.

My comment was more about the use of the word "overrated" and nothing else as I see it get used so often. I don't want to argue with you because after reading your comment here, I do feel like we agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions and no one should tell someone what games they should like and shouldn't like.

Also, yes I'd love a cookie :)
You're completely right though. I have the same exact issue with the word overrated.

I don't care about Prince of Persia anymore, unless it's a 2008 PoP sequel.
PoP 08 still looks great to this day, too bad the gameplay is pretty mediocre in comparison to the originals.
Would like to see a new Prince of Persia myself. Ubisoft really should've kept it around and alternated between AC and PoP releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom