• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkiway

Neo Member
Not sure if I should be worried or relieved that have been minimal leaks.

It is far too early to feel relief. We have 6 days left until the first conference, and that's plenty of time for the leak-hungry media to fish something out from the show floor.

Speaking of show floor, we'll probably get more photos from the conference center, and there's a decent chance we'll get another "mario maker" type reveal this way.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm guessing we'll get a couple leaks before the conferences start. And I'm totally ok with it, makes the week before it all goes down even more fun.

Druckmann seems really intent on ending this series -

Ayln7Lt.png

by the end of next year everyone who has worked on the uncharteds would've been gone from nd.

hopefully any games media worth the name can ask some questions about the departures and what it means for the vision of the game. can't believe everything has been swept under the rug just like that. as much as nd likes to talk about its studios and its people, when faced with questions about other things they seem to go hush-hush over it.

Were there a lot of (real) leaks last year? I just remember a lot of fake ones, both from GAF insiders and fan sites like Dual Shockers.

There's usually something that slips, the day before or day of. Usually because of photos from the convention center being set up or some dummy hitting a button early. Mario Maker was found out last year from demo stations, and SFV was discovered before PSX because someone in charge of the Capcom youtube channel made the trailer public early. So basically if you want to be surprised avoid neogaf and the internet for that matter the day or two before the show.

Also the internet has become really good at tracking down trademarks and that should start happening sometime this week.

A little surprised Uncharted got the banner this year honestly, I would have assumed Microsoft would go for the jugular in all aspects for advertising Halo 5 this year and got that up there.

Ushiwaka

https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK/status/607895059355148288

Oh well, it's good to see they mention it.

Oh wait:

Just after the SFV gameplay footage at Sony's confrence...:

"Just one more thing from our friends at Capcom"

Hideaki Itsuno comes on the stage with a translator:

"Nearly 14 years ago, one of our most iconic characters began his stylish journey on Playstation. Now, he's back."

*Devil May Cry 5 is announced*

9sIcZPP.png

It can be at any of the conferences, I don't care actually. JUST LET IT BE THERE.

FelipeMGM

There's usually something that slips, the day before or day of. Usually because of photos from the convention center being set up or some dummy hitting a button early. Mario Maker was found out last year from demo stations, and SFV was discovered before PSX because someone in charge of the Capcom youtube channel made the trailer public early. So basically if you want to be surprised avoid neogaf and the internet for that matter the day or two before the show.

Also the internet has become really good at tracking down trademarks and that should start happening sometime this week.

Already happening as our friend Sal already reported

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst trademark, domain registered
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/mirrors-edge-catalyst-trademark-domain-registered

Welfare

A little surprised Uncharted got the banner this year honestly, I would have assumed Microsoft would go for the jugular in all aspects for advertising Halo 5 this year and got that up there.

How can they fund the development of a real life Infinity if they spend money on banners?

Servbot24

Banned

Uncharted 4 could very well outsell Halo 5 (it's maybe even expected?), which is pretty crazy to think about.

dr_rus

Hard to believe you'd ever buy a console tbh. Don't act so concerned

Really? Well, then I might as well go home and put all my four consoles into a trash can I guess.

You buy a console solely for one franchise? Good lord, just lend a PS4 from a friend if that's the case :p

I actually buy a lot of stuff on consoles I own (playing it is another matter, doh) but to get me to buy one I need a good reason and UC games is that reason in case of Sony consoles.

Lucreto

They may have gotten the other entrance, from that other topic there is nothing put up there yet.

Chief's being kind to the last E3 appearance from the Thief.

After all, Chief won't be allowed to retire.

javac

Were there a lot of (real) leaks last year? I just remember a lot of fake ones, both from GAF insiders and fan sites like Dual Shockers.

Not the same thing in the slightest, but man Mario Maker was a funny one, popping up at the 11th hour. People starting pulling out Photoshop to prove that it was fake etc :p Nintendo as of recent have used projectors for their displays etc after things like NSMBW got leaked, so last year was kind of strange with that one,

JoshHood

I was expecting Battlefront - probably the biggest game of the year, and they usually have Battlefield up there.

I-hate-u

Sony has had that banner for like 4-5 years. Same with Ubi and their long banner that display the newest AC.

I know but I didn't like TLoU as much as UCs so buying a new console for something like TLoU won't happen in my case.

They Uncharted franchise will probably continue. When was the last time Sony had a western franchise that sold 21 million units within a generation? Although, I doubt the success of the franchise in anyone's hands other than Naughty Dog. Do you know how many games tried to replicate Nathan Drake to no avail?

iMax

Guys I had a dream spiritual soul connection with Satoru Iwata last night and concluded that Nintendo will announce a new home console next week: "The Nintendo X", which will be amazing and feature games on LaserDisc® for some reason.

kitzkozan

Not a chance. That'll be 2020/2021 if anything. This won't be a short gen anyways. The day of five-year cycles are over.

Yup, especially with how slow developers are to release new games (not entirely their faults given the money and resources needed for a modern AAA project. Just look at what happened with Sony's original release plan for it's first wave of exclusives. XD Driveclub was a train wreck on launch day despite being delayed and now everything else is being pushed back. I think the next GTA is at least 2-3 years away, CD Projekt probably won't release Cyberpunk 2077 until 2018 and Bethesda might release one new Elder Scroll before the end of this generation (in 2018 or 2019 if it's a 3 years gap like it was with Fallout 3 > Skyrim).

I'm not even sure that a developer would be able to release a trilogy of game like what Bioware, Insomniacs (Resistance and R&C), Naughty Dogs or Epic Games did in the 360 / PS3 era. XD It will take Naughty Dogs ~3 years to complete Uncharted 4, but they were able to keep a 2 years pace in the PS3 era (2007, 2009 and 2011).

This whole "Nate's last E3" thing would feel more poignant if ND is capable of capping off the conference with the "future of Naughty Dog."

"This will be the last time Nathan Drake graces this E3 stage. But this is not the last for Naughty Dog, as we have one more thing to show you."

Elandyll

Banned
Guess it's time for me to stop believing.

Actually, regarding Y2kev's recent posts, I think (and I'm reading between the lines here) that he has almost plain admitted having trolled TLG fans for the past ... what ... 2 years or so by pretending it was dead and being adamant about it when he knew full well it wasn't...

If that ends up being the case (and that's a big IF), I will make a video dedicated to Y2kev's trolling. I already have my idea about the base. >:)

Servbot24

Banned
This whole "Nate's last E3" thing would feel more poignant if ND is capable of capping off the conference with the "future of Naughty Dog."

"This will be the last time Nathan Drake graces this E3 stage. But this is not the last for Naughty Dog, as we have one more thing to show you."

"The Last of Us 2"
"Fall 2017"

Seems wildly premature.

JoshHood

"The Last of Us 2"
"Fall 2017"

Eh, maybe if it was a new IP (like the surprise Last of Us reveal), but 'the future of Naughty Dog' line doesn't really work if it's just another sequel.

Servbot24

Banned
Are people seriously getting their expectations up because Capcom UK retweeted "i like capcom series"? Come on guys. :p

Tweets don't mean things.

Liamc723

The PlayStation UK account has been tweeting E3 memories for a variety of games for a while now. They mean absolutely nothing and have no bearing on this year's conference. Stop getting excited over nothing.

Sephzilla

Are people seriously getting their expectations up because Capcom UK retweeted "i like capcom series"? Come on guys. :p

I think it's more why an official Playstation twitter account is suddenly reminding people about Devil May Cry right at E3 time. Plus Itsuno and Capcom have dropped a few DMC5 hints lately

Servbot24

Banned
I think it's more why an official Playstation twitter account is suddenly reminding people about Devil May Cry right at E3 time

They're reminding people of lots of games from past E3s. They've been doing it as a regular exercise for a while now.

DMC5 may very well be real, but the interns at PlayStation UK don't know anything about it.

The God

I think it's more why an official Playstation twitter account is suddenly reminding people about Devil May Cry right at E3 time. Plus Itsuno and Capcom have dropped a few DMC5 hints lately

They've been tweeting about a lot of games like Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, etc

They're tweeting their favorite E3 moments since '95.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom