• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
https://media3.giphy.com/media/RhPvGbWK78A0/200.gif

MGS V, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Level 5, Star Ocean, FF12 Remaster.....and more
Street Fighter, Yakuza, Resident Evil, SCEJ, Suikoden, Godzilla, DMC... wait, are we sure we're not just listing everything that comes to mind? I should've gone with 20.

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? MGSV
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Halo 5
Who will have the longest conference? Sony
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Phil Spencer
Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches? Yes
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 19
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 34
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? Yes
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? Yes
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? Yes

Challenge Questions:

Will The Last Guardian appear during the Sony Press Conference?
You betcha
Will Zelda Wii U get a trailer? No
Will RARE reveal a new game that is NOT Kinect focused? Yes

Bonus GameTrailers Question:

Who will win the Final Bets of E3 2015 between Kyle Bosman and Michael Huber?
Bosman

Verendus

Banned
i wouldn't mind.
"And Playstation 4 continues to be strong with new game releases every month. Next week, on June 23rd, Sony is releasing the limited edition PS4 Batman Arkham Knight bundle. And that's not all, our friends at Capcom are releasing Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, a trip down memory lane to one of the best action games of all time."

Yay!

DMC AT E3!

Jigolo

0DgZBqM.jpg

So I totally just made found this picture on the interwebs. Might be legit guys.
Yo don't do this. Stop it right now

Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Battlefront EA
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Phil Spencer
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 45
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 52
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? 6
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? Yes

Challenge Questions:

No
Will Zelda Wii U get a trailer? Yes

Bosman

gosoxtim

i think we might get a kingdom hearrts unchaned key release date at the square confernce and possible kh3 teaers to hold us until the d23 in japan and i hoping for a new sly trailer for the movie for the new movie next year

Ushiwaka

Platinum being there made this picture unbelievable in a matter of seconds. They'd never work on that.

Why? I'm not saying the pic is real, but if there's money, Platinum will work on it. They worked on Korra of all franchises... They will work on ANY IP if there is enough money for them in it.

Eolz

Why? I'm not saying the pic is real, but if there's money, Platinum will work on it. They worked on Korra of all franchises... They will work on ANY IP if there is enough money for them in it.

If Sony decided to bring back this IP, they wouldn't pay a high valued developer to work on that instead of a new IP for example.
I'm not saying Platinum would refuse, but they would probably propose different concepts, and:
- if an IP is loved, you can put a smaller (or less known) developer on it.
- if a developer is loved, you can put a new IP or whatever you want on it.
- if both are loved, you'd better hope this has precedent in selling well (cf Bloodborne after DaS) or this would be sort of a waste of talent.

This wouldn't make sense for both Sony and Platinum.

AAMARMO

Banned
General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Mass Effect 4
Who will have the longest conference? sony
Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches? 3
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 32
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 17
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? 3

Challenge Questions:

Yes
Will Zelda Wii U get a trailer? Yes

Bosman
Done

Ushiwaka

If Sony decided to bring back this IP, they wouldn't pay a high valued developer to work on that instead of a new IP for example.
I'm not saying Platinum would refuse, but they would probably propose different concepts, and:
- if an IP is loved, you can put a smaller (or less known) developer on it.
- if a developer is loved, you can put a new IP or whatever you want on it.
- if both are loved, you'd better hope this has precedent in selling well (cf Bloodborne after DaS) or this would be sort of a waste of talent.

This wouldn't make sense for both Sony and Platinum.

Hmmm... Yeah that makes sense.

I would love to see a Sony/PG collab though. A new IP would be great. And PS4 needs Platinum love.

NMFried

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? COD: Black Ops 3 or Guitar Hero Live
Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches? Yes, most definitely
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 24
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 500+
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? Gravity Rush 2. That is all.
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? No. They will reveal a Smash character.
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? No. But he'll have Phalanx tattooed on his back to announce Phalanx 2016.

Challenge Questions:

Will The Last Guardian appear during the Sony Press Conference? Yes. Finally.
Will Zelda Wii U get a trailer? Trailer? Yes. Gameplay? Maybe not.
Will RARE reveal a new game that is NOT Kinect focused? No. Not completely.

Who will win the Final Bets of E3 2015 between Kyle Bosman and Michael Huber? Bosman. Obv.

Rorian

Neo Member
Followng the patern:

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? COD: Black Ops 3
Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches? Yes, most definitely
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 50
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 100+
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? I think 2.
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? I HOPE they reveal, but i think they don't
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? I have no idea
Challenge Questions:

Will The Last Guardian appear during the Sony Press Conference? No.
Will Zelda Wii U get a trailer? Trailer? Yes. probably
Will RARE reveal a new game that is NOT Kinect focused? Yes. It will be a new Perfect Dark, and a new Banjo Kazooie game.

Ushiwaka

Let 'em finish Scalebound. Then they can start talking about whatever is next :p
pls be Metal Gear Rising 2

They proved they can work on multiple projects at once before. Scalebound seems like a big project, but since MS is helping them with its development, I guess Platinum still can focus on other projects too.
I lost my hopes for MGR2 after Silent Hills cancellation :(

Exactly 3 weeks until E3, time slows down as the hype intensifies, the day before will probably be a day that feels like 72 hours, you look at the lockc after cooking a meal, playing with the kids, washing the car, fighting off thugs trying to still your new Air jordans, and check you watch and it's only been 30 minutes.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Exactly 3 weeks until E3, time slows down as the hype intensifies, the day before will probably be a day that feels like 72 hours, you look at the lockc after cooking a meal, playing with the kids, washing the car, fighting off thugs trying to still your new Air jordans, and check you watch and it's only been 30 minutes.

4 weeks.

Dinjooh

The photo is not grainy as shit and not tilted enough; considered fake.

You guys see the fingerprints on that screen....has to be real.

Note to self: Literally pour grain over your macbook, get down and the floor and snap that picture. Also make sure to grease that fucker up good.

Will try harder next time!

I can't let myself get hyped, it's using the old SCE logo.

What is SCE using now?

Nzyme32

Oculus are going to be on Xbox One & their store will likely be a part of the Windows Store (with either a reduced cut or no cut taken from Microsoft)

In this interview all the main VR sets are mentioned - except Oculus - which is suspicous

Note to self: Literally pour grain over your macbook, get down and the floor and snap that picture. Also make sure to grease that fucker up good.

Will try harder next time!

-Buy a 1980s camcorder
-Film the photo
-Export film to VHS
-Rent a medium-sized barn in Arkansas
-Tilt CRT with Cow
-Play VHS on CRT while recording with the camcorder
-Profit

Faustek

Which game will get the longest trailer?
MGSV

Which game will get the longest on-stage demo?
STAR WARS: Battlefront

Who will have the longest conference?
Sony

Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations?
Adam Boyes

Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches?
Yes.

How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)?

How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)?

How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference?

Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships?
Two actually.

Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference?
Yepp, and it'll Project Spark focused :(

Challenge Questions:

Yepp.

Will Zelda Wii U get a trailer?
No
Will RARE reveal a new game that is NOT Kinect focused?
Yes

Bosman

Lucreto

They proved they can work on multiple projects at once before. Scalebound seems like a big project, but since MS is helping them with its development, I guess Platinum still can focus on other projects too.
I lost my hopes for MGR2 after Silent Hills cancellation :(

I have yet to read an article where Microsoft is actively helping with development. But I may have missed it. Microsoft are looking over their shoulder making sure they hit deadlines. I just hope upper management doesn't lobotomise the game to get it out quicker.

Tagg9

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Assassins Creed Syndicate
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Aisha Tyler
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 21
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 39
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? 6
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? No
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? No

Challenge Questions:

No

Bosman

Alx

Keep the Hype trains out of here. Don't want this thread to be closed :(

I didn't realize hype trains were frowned upon... it seems a rather innocuous way of expressing one's enthusiasm before an event. Oh well, I wasn't that hyped this year anyway. ;)
My predictions are rather modest, I expect many game anouncements, but big cards like Morpheus or Windows10 have already been played. Since Nintendo isn't expected to anounce new hardware, it should be a very conventional E3.

Servbot24

Banned
I didn't realize hype trains were frowned upon... it seems a rather innocuous way of expressing one's enthusiasm before an event. Oh well, I wasn't that hyped this year anyway. ;)

It's just page after page of spam. Glad those threads are getting banned.

I'm really curious if P5 will get its own on stage trailer.

Dinjooh

-Buy a 1980s camcorder
-Film the photo
-Export film to VHS
-Rent a medium-sized barn in Arkansas
-Tilt CRT with Cow
-Play VHS on CRT while recording with the camcorder
-Profit

As long as I can fit 'Have a long serious discussion with my accountant about my frivolous spending' somewhere in there i'm good.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
BY2K said:
General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? Fallout 4
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Halo 5: Guardians
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Aisha Tyler if she will host Ubisoft's presser again.
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 20
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 15
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? 4
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? No

Challenge Questions:

Yes

Kyle Bosman
There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom