• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Reaction vids/gifs

Vitor711

Can someone explain why Giant Bomb is getting hate? During E3 I just watch the conferences, and this year the official youtube coverage so I don't know about GB.

Apparently they were more jaded than usual and just sort of laughed off/eye-rolled their way through the major announcements (TLG, FFVII and Shenmue).

Honestly, I kind of get it - the jaded old game journo shtick can get a bit tiresome but that doesn't stop me from listening to their podcast every week. Both podcasts now I guess.

Not a reaction, but how about just a person taking part in E3? This guy was so cute and nervous that I still wish I could give him a hug and tell him everything is OK, your game looks great.

KBlG4Z.gif

nib95

Banned
Because they didn't react the way people wanted them to react.

I think perhaps more than just that. It might have also been because they implied the reactions from certain other outlets weren't "professional". It's one thing to be cynical, but as professionals, if you actually insult others for what is otherwise simply an expression of excitement and passion, that's gamings equivalent of throwing stones at the hornets nest lol.

Elyse knew exactly what was going on. Unlike the rest of them, she was trying to do her job lol. She was taking down all the names and info of the games shown. Called "being the member of the team that gets shit done" lol. She does more for gametrailers and their shows than people who don't watch their content would ever know. She has more "street cred" or w/e you want to call it than 99% of the other chicks you see imo. btw she started tearing up when huber was crying about shenmue so yeah "fake" lol.

Watch her on stuff like GT time, mandatory update, and more and realize how wrong you are.
I thought she sounded quite timid from what I saw in the videos, but this adds a lot of perspective. Cheers.

ilium

Not a reaction, but how about just a person taking part in E3? This guy was so cute and nervous that I still wish I could give him a hug and tell him everything is OK, your game looks great.

KBlG4Z.gif

Yeah, dude was legit nervous. Reminded me of Keita Takahashi from Playstation Experience. Seeing them on stage like this made me nervous myself, poor guys.

KeitaTakahashi-Fork.gif

Ploid 3.0

Because they didn't react the way people wanted them to react.

I think when people say this they are over simplifying it on purpose. It's not that they didn't react to things the way people wanted them to but they seem to always be bored, or negative even when there's no cause to be negative.

Giant Cake Show - The show where we talk about the latest in food.

"This little girl is selling icecream cones on the side of the street for $0.50 in the summer? That's worrying, why sell icecream when people should be trying to lose weight, and at that price I wouldn't want to know what's wrong with it, and for all we know it's laced with poison. Yeah something's fishy about this, I don't see why everyone is buying them from her and having parties. I never was a icecream person anyway."

"Eh I went to this restaurant because the latest sandwich was out and ... I'm so tired of food, sure it taste good but why? I don't know."

I haven't watched their stuff in a long time and decided to check them out because of the praise a couple of people gave them on their past E3 conferences saying Giantbomb was a good way to watch them. It was just so very boring and I wished I watched another version instead, like Gametrailers. I stopped caring about their quicklooks when watching them started to annoy me (example, watching them play Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls "People who play this game must be masochists"). Their podcasts long talks about burritos and HAM Radios.

This E3 commentary felt like watching a sports game where the commentator doesn't like the sport or was tired of it. It's better to watch this type of stuff with commentators that are enthusiastic about what they are talking about. It livens the broadcast up rather than drag it down. I like watching some Starcraft 2 commentators that are excited about the stuff that's going on. Not to say people commentating over the conferences should be giving play by play but don't be mopy.

Guy 1 - "So that's what we spent the 4 years making, we'll see you in 30."
Guy 2 - "Come on, date?"
[2016]
Guy 2 - "aw man, really?"
Guy 1 - "I mean, it's a day..."
Multiple people "Yeaahhh"

Fine. FINE. You made me dig it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWXawTKliOc

This is Giant Bomb reacting to something that a) is a genuine surprise and b) is something they are interested in.

The FF7 remake wasn't a "surprise." It was a "they are finally doing the thing that everyone said they should be doing forever," and it was shown in the most vague, non-indicative-of-what-we'll-actually-get way possible. I loved FF7 when it released (it damn near tanked my GPA that semester), but the remake is extremely exciting to a certain subset of fans, not every single person who "cares about gaming."

Most of the GB staff are not Shenmue fans. Acting like their lack of interest for one title, however influential you may consider it, reveals their lack of interest for all games is just silly.

The Last Guardian... it was MIA for long enough to become a joke, and so seeing that it's not dead isn't exactly "thrilling" for some people in the industry - especially when nobody knows what it actually is.

Making comments like "any informed journalist would react in absolute surprise" is just odd: wouldn't an uninformed journalist be more surprised? An informed one would look at the current climate of the industry, and not find a remake of a classic, a Kickstarter campaign for a past franchise, and a re-reveal of a long-dormant project surprising.

I enjoy watching reaction videos - I went on a tear when the Force Awakens trailer hit, watching other people enjoy the same things that I enjoy. It's awesome! But treating this like it's some sort of barometer for one's "true love" for a medium? Just move on, and find the next clip of someone jumping for joy.

tesla246

First GIF I made and probably my last. It's regarding nintendo's e3 presentation and lack of WiiU games, with retro studios ''can you dig it'' hint found on their website shortly before E3.

EKVDzHY.gif

Top Bottom