• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Reaction vids/gifs

SOLDIER

So if your channel is not already already upgraded by now you can apply for it.
But be aware that this is not your content that is being shows so you can get a copyright strike on it and that is not good for your google account.
And most of the copyright strikes are based on audio.

Also its not much 1000 views ~ 1$

Read more here.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72857?hl=en

I feel sort of scummy attempting to monetize THIS video. This thing was my passion in full force, I'm happy getting all the hits and likes from that alone.

But it has motivated me a bit to maybe make my own videos, but I'm still unclear about what's acceptable or not as far as copyright monetization goes. If I should screenshots or minute or two of footage, would that be a strike? If I played FF BGM during a video, would that also be a claim?

I'm only thinking in terms of presentation. I could just set up a camera in front of me while I talk for 30 minutes or so, but I think I would have to add a little bit of flair to keep people interested.

Bold One

Double Edit:

I'll just say that if you, as a journalist, put yourself in front of a camera during a live event, then there are certain expectations and responsiblities that you should fulfill for your audience.

Crazy hype is not required. It can be fun, but it's not required.

But you should do more than make whiny and negative remarks about how bored you are. If you're not too busy being hyped, fine. At least do your job and ask some questions or speculate on facts. Commentary, not complaints.

As a journalist how did you react to the events of Yesterday?

And do you feel that an overly niche scope of enjoyment perhaps hinders a person's scope to legitmately review or write about games?

meaning if all you care about is Dota or WoW, should you be reviewing FPSs or the TRs, and UCs of the world?

SOLDIER

Okay, I feel pretty motivated to do this, but I have two big questions before I decide to go through with it.

1. I have a mic and headset, which I feel is necessary to record the best possible audio from my voice. However, I don't have a camera for my desktop. I do have an iPad and iPhone, so I was wondering if there was a way to turn either into my camera while using my desktop mic to record my voice.

2. What's the best software for editing video? Again, not planning anything crazy, just perhaps adding screenshots or video in-between my commentary.

Toki767

Man. The Giantbomb reactions are basically all laughter of disbelief more than anything.

5ZG09Xf.gif

wnHlMkF.gif

w9v3Knb.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned
Man. The Giantbomb reactions are basically all laughter of disbelief more than anything.

5ZG09Xf.gif

wnHlMkF.gif

w9v3Knb.gif

I mean... that's not so far off from my own reactions. More often than not those reveals had me letting out one big "HA" once it's clear what they're doing, followed with "they're really gonna do it this time, huh?"

I mean... that's not so far off from my own reactions. More often than not those reveals had me letting out one big "HA" once it's clear what they're doing, followed with "they're really gonna do it this time, huh?"

Then you're not a long time gamer who knows how legendary FF7 and Shenmue was to the entire game industry.

Tahnit

Banned
I really think people need to shut the fuck up about giantbomb not liking videogames. It is not their job to get all super excited and jump around screaming. They obviously like what they do or they would not be in this business.

Plus all of the GB crew have different tastes. Jeff was super excited for mario maker and SFV for example. Dan looked very into last guardian.

Everyone has different tastes and different reactions. But to say they dont like video games or are too cynical about it is just bullshit.

That's preposterous. I've been gaming for 22 years and I was indifferent to these announcements.

So the game that blew up the power of 3D cinematic storytelling and 3D graphics

And the game that is the genesis of all current Open World games like GTA and Elder Scrolls.

You were indifferent to these games that practically all current games owe themselves to?

Hasney

Are the Gametrailers conferences archived anywhere?

Someone posted these in the GT thread

I didn't know where to post this, but for people that missed out on the conference stream and wanted to watch the GT Live stuff with the press conference audio included in it (all nice and synched up) I have posted them all to youtube, with the pre and post shows included:

01 - Bethesda
02 - Microsoft
03 - EA
04 - Ubisoft
05 - Sony
06 - Nintendo
07 - Square Enix

nicanica

Then you're not a long time gamer who knows how legendary FF7 and Shenmue was to the entire game industry.

I'm almost not going to fall for this troll bait.

I know that no stupid gifs are allowed but the announced of the Xbox BC had me motion for motion doing this at work. The implications of cost to the companywhat it meant for me as a user, and the direct response to one of sony's weakness all hit me at once.

Juicy Bob

Seeing genuine joy from people is one of my favourite things. Whether it's a wedding proposal, two happy parents announcing they're having a child, a stadium full of people cheering a team scoring a vital goal or touchdown or people getting excited that their favourite games are getting a sequel or remake.

It's all awesome. And this E3 has provided some of my favourite reactions ever.

blacklotus

Seeing genuine joy from people is one of my favourite things. Whether it's a wedding proposal, two happy parents announcing they're having a child, a stadium full of people cheering a team scoring a vital goal or touchdown or people getting excited that their favourite games are getting a sequel or remake.

It's all awesome. And this E3 has provided some of my favourite reactions ever.

So true.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't care about said games. I was in tears when they showed TLG, but I couldn't give a damn when FF7 came up because I just don't care about JRPGs.

Same goes for GB's cast, I listen to their podcast from time to time and they don't seem to be into eastern games in general. What's so hard to understand about this.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Assuming this isn't just troll baiting, are you really going to try and pull a "no true scotsman" over this? I am well aware of the impact FF7 and Shenmue had. I was there and played them when they came out. I also didn't care for either of them.

T.O.P

Banned
Shove your "true gamer" crap. Nobody's obliged for neither hype nor sharing your fandom.

+1

IDGAF about Shenmue but i'm excited to play FFVII (not excited as i should for the simple fact that this won't be out before 2017)

The theater reactions are the best

To just have crowds scream about their passion and history being honored just brings so many feels man

amazing that our hobby can elicit such a response

Morrowind was inspired by Shenmue? Interesting, tell me more!

Shenmue came out YEARS before Morrowind.

Elder Scrolls started doing open world right with Morrowind, and my favourite Elder Scrolls game is Daggerfall.

Or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't care about said games. I was in tears when they showed TLG, but I couldn't give a damn when FF7 came up because I just don't care about JRPGs.

Same goes for GB's cast, I listen to their podcast from time to time and they don't seem to be into eastern games in general. What's so hard to understand about this.

All 3d cinematic games owe them to FF7, not just JRPGs. All our current PlayStation definitely owe themselves to FF7. If PS1 failed without the huge boost of FF7, we wouldn't have had the PS2 and onwards.

And Giant Bomb are just full of shit. Jeff Gerstmann played weaboo shit back in old school Gamespot when Greg Kasavin was around. Not being excited for FF7 or Shenmue is a disgrace.

Miang

Japanese Reaction Guy has me in tears every time

Doing the battle theme while attempting to breakdance

'Noctis ouji! 'Noctis ouji!'

'Sephiroth' *does half somersault, half fall onto floor*

ICONIC

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
All 3d cinematic games owe them to FF7, not just JRPGs. All our current PlayStation definitely owe themselves to FF7. If PS1 failed without the huge boost of FF7, we wouldn't have had the PS2 and onwards.

And Giant Bomb are just full of shit. Jeff Gerstmann played weaboo shit back in old school Gamespot when Greg Kasavin was around. Not being excited for FF7 or Shenmue is a disgrace.
... And what exactly does all of this have to do with my own (or anyone's) reaction to that FF7 announcement? Did you scream and jump around when Bethesda revealed the new Doom? You know, because Doom revolutionised the FPS genre. If you weren't that excited, shame on you.

So... I watched the GT reactions on Tuesday and it brought a huge smile to my face. GT has created a positive meme for the gaming industry that will be used for years to come. With every awesome game announcement, we'll get those sweet reaction GIFs.

Those guys and gal deserve to have their show view numbers increase drastically after this event. They represent the type of fans I want to experience gaming with.

And then I watched this:

And I had to turn it off after the dude at the far left, referring to the FF7 Remake, said something like:
"If you're excited for that, you have no right to complain about HD remasters"

With hyperbolic eye rolls and disgusted facial contortions.

debbie_downer.gif

Sorry, GiantBomb. I used to love you. I will always remember your fantastic Game Room Quick Looks, but after this Debbie Downer, yawnfest, I won't be returning. All of my future gaming views will now go to GameTrailers instead.

If I wanted that type of vitriolic cynicism or just "meh"-mentality boredom, I'd be at GameFAQs.

... And what exactly does all of this have to do with my own (or anyone's) reaction to that FF7 announcement? Did you scream and jump around when Bethesda revealed the new Doom? You know, because Doom revolutionised the FPS genre. If you weren't that excited, shame on you.

We had a Doom 3 remaster 3 years ago bro.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So the game that blew up the power of 3D cinematic storytelling and 3D graphics
lol, even if that were true (I'd arguably credit MGS to that far more than FF7), I can't stand most "cinematic" games. Blew up the power of 3D graphics? The best graphics of the game were the pre-rendered backgrounds, not the Popeye Lego blocks.

And the game that is the genesis of all current Open World games like GTA and Elder Scrolls.
Double lol. But even if that were a legit argument (again, it's not), yes, I hate GTA and Elder Scrolls.

You were indifferent to these games that practically all current games owe themselves to?
And what if I am?

Morrowind was inspired by Shenmue? Interesting, tell me more!
Heheh.

lol, even if that were true (I'd arguably credit MGS to that far more than FF7), I can't stand most "cinematic" games. Blew up the power of 3D graphics? The best graphics of the game were the pre-rendered backgrounds, not the Popeye Lego blocks.

Double lol. But even if that were a legit argument (again, it's not), yes, I hate GTA and Elder Scrolls.

And what if I am?

Heheh.

I see just a troll at this point that's unhappy about not having the same reaction of happiness. Deal with it.

And FF7 came before MGS.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I see just a troll at this point that's unhappy about not having the same reaction of happiness. Deal with it.
lol? I am not unhappy about people's unhappiness. You're the one who basically called into question the gaming cred of people who were indifferent.

And FF7 came before MGS.
Doesn't matter to the argument, if MGS was more influential to "cinematic 3D gaming" (whatever the fuck that means, really), and it arguably was. Anyway, this is stupid. No one is denying FF7 is influential but that doesn't mean this post wasn't abject nonsense.

King's Quest is massively influential, did you jump for joy when they remade it?

I don't have huge love or nostalgia for FF VII, but I understand there's a lot of people who do. And I can appreciate why they freak out. If they had announced Lunar 3 at the Sony conference, I would have flipped my shit as well.

I just don't see what's so hard to understand. Think of your favorite game of all time. Now think about that game in terms of it being a huge part of your childhood. Now think about how you've never had a game touch you in quite the same way. And then imagine someone saying, "Here. Here's a magical but seemingly impossible gift from your childhood. Enjoy."

lol? I am not unhappy about people's unhappiness. You're the one who basically called into question the gaming cred of people who were indifferent.

Doesn't matter to the argument, if MGS was more influential to "cinematic 3D gaming" (whatever the fuck that means, really), and it arguably was. Anyway, this is stupid. No one is denying FF7 is influential but that doesn't mean this post wasn't abject nonsense.

King's Quest is massively influential, did you jump for joy when they remade it?

There are a bunch of people who are excited for the announcements even if they didn't like FF7 or Shenmue. These people respect these games and don't play down these gigatons. Anyone who doesn't respect those games have no cred.
And you came in here and made a sexist comment about Elyse being a fake geek girl. What cred have you got left?

FF7 was a bigger killer app. I love MGS, but there's nothing like FF7.
And, no, the ridicule to that person and Giant Bomb isn't stupid. These are Gigaton announcements. Even if you hate the games, they are jaw dropping announcements. These are bigger than Square's FF13 betrayal to Microsoft.

And, yes, King's Quest is great. I was happy for it, but FF7 has a stronger, more emotional story to be attached to. Never felt anything in the 8 King's Quest like I did in FF7.

Top Bottom