• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

He's been covering COD stuff for years. One of those media types that publishers/devs (Acti and COD Crew) give info to due to their following size. His stuff is legit because its usually from the company themselves.

nice to see you still around here :p
thanks for the info

Mr Clutch

AeZgbOZ.png

DAYUM

Savage.

georly

Dreams 2.0 would have to be a revival or reboot of long awaited, dormant IP - usually thought of as impossible to make or dead. Not sure brand new IP can qualify. There aren't many games left that would even fit the criteria of 'dreams.'

Though not my personal picks, it would have to be stuff like:

High-tier:
  • Half Life 3
  • New Chrono game (with most of the original devs)

Lower-tier:
  • Beyond G&E 2
  • Sony-made crash bandicoot
  • Mega man Legends 3

Sesha

Dreams 2.0 would have to be a revival or reboot of long awaited, dormant IP - usually thought of as impossible to make or dead. Not sure brand new IP can qualify. There aren't many games left that would even fit the criteria of 'dreams.'

People keep saying this. There's tons.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I think we'll see a title teaser of ND's next game, The Last of Us 2. They won't show anything, but just a small Uncharted 4-like teaser.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This profile is leaking some stuff

https://twitter.com/PS_Fuite

He indicates that we will be surprised with who's making the Spider-Man game. He retweeted someone saying that was Telltale, but might be a joke.

Telltale is publicly signed up to make a Marvel game. It's plausibly Spider-Man, but that'd assuredly be a multiplatform title.

Edit:

Oh this is the thing that was making BS tweets yesterday.

He indicates that we will be surprised with who's making the Spider-Man game. He retweeted someone saying that was Telltale, but might be a joke.

Wouldn't that be hilarious? If the Spiderman game was just an adventure game filled with quick time events? I mean, I don't even dislike Telltale, but I can just imagine the meltdowns. What a disappointment that would be.

mrqs

Might be a bait, i was just reporting what i've saw.

He tweeted this:

ENG: Uncharted 4 DLC teaser trailer will be shown on stage plus The Last Of Us 2 teaser poster. #E32016 #Uncharted4 #TheLastOfUs

The last of Us POSTER? I doubt it.

Mr Clutch

Might be a bait, i was just reporting what i've saw.

He tweeted this:

ENG: Uncharted 4 DLC teaser trailer will be shown on stage plus The Last Of Us 2 teaser poster. #E32016 #Uncharted4 #TheLastOfUs

The last of Us POSTER? I doubt it.

If he continues throwing out guesses, eventually one will land, right? lol

Strazyplus

2396282-9287106980-downl.gif

I still remember TLG was revealed a little more.

haha :D too bad I do not have a ps4 and no longer care for this game lol

mrqs

Repost ENG:Many people on NeoGaf are suspicious about this account i can confirm it was plan to be made today.

He's joking with us.

Boem

I know that account is probably fake, but as for the possibility of Telltale doing Spiderman:

- It's true that Telltale is doing something with Marvel - this was announced ages ago

- However, they also confirmed this E3 will be all about their Batman game for them. I imagine they might drop some hints about Walking Dead season 3 as well, given that they've been bringing that up more lately. Other likely titles (all already confirmed): Game of Thrones season 2 (which would happen sooner rather than later, given that the show ends in 2 seasons), Wolf Among Us 2 (some hints on twitter a while back), and that original title they've been talking about ('Super-show').

- Back to Marvel - they also already confirmed that that's coming after, at least, Batman and Walking Dead, and that they wouldn't be talking about it for a while.

- A Gaffer said a while back that he took part in a survey for Telltale games, with a lot of questions about Guardians of the Galaxy specifically. I don't know if the Gaffer was thrustworthy, but I do know that Telltale has done those kind of public surveys a lot in the past, I took part in ones for Back to the Future, Jurassic Park and Walking Dead myself. All of them had, in hindsight, some good indications of where they were going with them.

- Also: Guardians of the Galaxy makes a lot of sense for them. Ignoring the question whether they would base their Marvel game on comics or movies, I can imagine Marvel wanting them to do something with a character that's currently in the movies. Guardians is a fan-favorite, and one that's unlikely to receive a big game by another developer (unlike, say, Spiderman). It's totally within their wheelhouse.

So I don't think it's Telltale.

Edit: Also, it's totally obvious that Twitter guy is just cobbling together rumors from various Gaf-threads. Expect news about Guardians of the Galaxy on his Twitter soon!

Sarobi

Banned
Unless they're announcing a standalone version of COD4 Remaster, I just can't get excited for anything COD related right now.

Top Bottom