• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

I wonder if that went anywhere. If it's got anything to do with JV directly, it's not going ahead anymore. He's not with Disney anymore.

Yeah, but he was there in March 2015, haha. Probably a number of things he got rolling in the last 15 months. Full Throttle HD, for example.

And I'm not actually entirely sure he did get laid off. Disney still needs someone to wrangle licensees.

crash-14

What if the MS zombie game is an exclusive Resident Evil 7 funded(full/partly) by MS to get it done and it's a return to the classic zombie game.

Seems clarified but just wanted to add something.

There are 0% chances that a franchise that does well in Japan goes exclusive with MS. It won't happen.

It has to be a new funded project like Scalebound.

Caronte

If PS4k is the replacement of the old Slim models but it doesn't run any quieter because of the bump in the GPU, I'm going to be really disappointed.

If Crash is trotted out for a crossover game with no new solo game or reboot, and they act like it's a huge deal, and that's expected to be received as a good thing -- I'll be so disappointed.

cordy

Banned
Wonkey confirmed that T7 will be there. Hope they announce that console release date.

CkQ5V3iUgAAcinB.jpg

Rozart

How do people even find these things? Did the guy hinted at a possible PS4 game that he was a part of and that was got people scouring for more info about his current projects or are there just people constantly on the prowl for leaks? I'm always impressed nonetheless by how some people manage to dig these things up.

But wow if true though. Exciting times ahead this E3.

Simo

Are there any RDR3 rumors floating around?

Yeah. Aside from what sjay1994 said...
Rockstar Games themselves have only ever announced something at E3 when it's either on MS or Sony's stage because of some publishing or exclusivity deal. For example, GTAIV was first announced at E3 at MS conference because the series was no longer PS exclusive and MS secured the exclusivity for the DLC. Agent was announced at E3 on Sony's stage because it was going to be a PS3 exclusive and the GTAV remaster was announced during Sony's conference because they put out a PS4 bundle.

So again, Rockstar have announced plenty of stuff at E3 but it's likely going to be at either MS or Sony's conferences and there's seems to be a lot of smoke from a possible fire. lol

MattyG

Banned
Smh is it too much to ask for a good AAA Spiderman game?
I'm not saying it'd be good, but I can see Sony going for it as their big PSVR title. It's an easy sell for wide audiences. "Hey, have you ever wanted to be Spidey?! Well now you can be!"

Zapages

I'd love to see that or Prince of Persia, but I think the chances are very low. I assume there will be more Ghost Recon coverage though.

Some folk on official website are saying hiphopgamer has leaked about the new PoP game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiwFK_a4SdA

and bunch of other hopeful sites that would like to see a new PoP game... But we will see whether a new Prince of Persia is released or we get Beyond Good and Evil 2 for the first time...

SDCowboy

Yeah. Aside from what sjay1994 said...
Rockstar Games themselves have only ever announced something at E3 when it's either on MS or Sony's stage because of some publishing or exclusivity deal. For example, GTAIV was first announced at E3 at MS conference because the series was no longer PS exclusive and MS secured the exclusivity for the DLC. Agent was announced at E3 on Sony's stage because it was going to be a PS3 exclusive and the GTAV remaster was announced during Sony's conference because they put out a PS4 bundle.

So again, Rockstar have announced plenty of stuff at E3 but it's likely going to be at either MS or Sony's conferences and there's seems to be a lot of smoke from a possible fire. lol

Wow, cool. Thanks for all the info.

Qwark

I know a lot of people disliked it, but I really enjoyed PSABR in spite of the questionable design/character choices. I would really love to see Sony take another crack at it, or even a mashup game in a different genre. I hope that rumor is true.

Outstanding. I can tall a lot of hard work went in to this OP.
This years E3 has the potential to top last years, and that's saying something!

Kouichi

They don't.

Whoa what? Okay someone verify this guy so I can get properly excited.

I know a lot of people disliked it, but I really enjoyed PSABR in spite of the questionable design/character choices. I would really love to see Sony take another crack at it, or even a mashup game in a different genre. I hope that rumor is true.

Yeah I feel the same way. If they do take another crack at it, I hope they go with a 3D arena fighter or a more traditional 2D fighter. Trying to clone Smash, while still really fun for me, was never a good idea.

Sesha

Some folk on official website are saying hiphopgamer has leaked about the new PoP game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiwFK_a4SdA

and bunch of other hopeful sites that would like to see a new PoP game... But we will see whether a new Prince of Persia is released or we get Beyond Good and Evil 2 for the first time...

I remember Verendus putting Prince of Persia on his list last year. Surprised to see a potential leak from HipHopGamer, though. I knew he had some connections, but I would never have expected a leak from him. Seems too random to be easily dismissed as well.

Zeusy

I'm with you!

The God

So Sony gets Spiderman video game rights off of Activision and doesn't put Sucker Punch on it? I don't buy that

shaowebb

Nintendo, Major Western IP Musou, and console information is all that I am all hands on deck at the edge of my seat about. I'm about to go PS4 and hoping to get to devkit stuff soon so the console info is pretty big for me. The rest is pretty well my entire year of gaming as well as I spend forever on Musou titles and the PS4 has KOF 14 as well as MKXL and hopefully Injustice 2. Thats my year laid out already. Just need to know more about the 4k stuff.

Dinjooh

Give it to Zansuru aswell! They haven't got anything better to do. (Other than doing Crash and Ape Escape ofc)

It's always been my assumption that neither Neo or Scorpio would be announced at E3. I could very well be wrong, it just sounds like a marketing nightmare.

I don't believe for a second Neo will be there. Remember that SONY said they'd sell 2-3 million PS4's more than last year this year. They're gonna need every single month at full capacity and can't afford to limit their sales in the months following E3. I'm clueless in regards to MS though. I could see them showcasing Scorpio in some way to reignite interest in the brand.

This is starting to get interesting.

Hexa

lol

What major third party devs that Sony works with are unaccounted for right now?
I doubt it's Platinum since Sony apparently doesn't get along well with them.
What's Sanzaru up to?
Dimps could pull it off.
Kojima? ...

Top Bottom