• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces Subscription Service for Xbox One ($5/month or $30/year, get game vault)

statham

I tried to search through all 16 pages but must have missed if this was asked.

If you sign up and buy a game with the 10% discount, then cancel the EA Access, do you still have access to the game?

I only bought it for 1 month as a trial, but plan on getting Madden and unsure if I want to re-up for a year at this point.

Yes, you lose vault access but any games you bought with discount are yours.

GravyButt

Any idea when this goes live for everyone? For some reason I never got the invite.

Also, do we know if we can use xbox wallet to fund it?

Skele7on

Banned
Any idea when this goes live for everyone? For some reason I never got the invite.

Also, do we know if we can use xbox wallet to fund it?

No, well not in the beta at least. but once it's released you'll be able to enter codes just like Xbox live.

If like to add the beta is pretty cool, looking forward to early madden access!

airborn

Ya, you can use funds on games and content for the reductions, but for the service itself, it is CC only.
Prepaid cards are coming once the service officially launches.

EA's gamescom press conference is next Wednesday. That seems like a good moment to start rolling this out to everyone.

Alx

Sounds good, I only hope it won't have any consequence to the rate at which games are added to the vault. The four starting ones are fine, but I hope we won't have to wait 6 months for a new batch to arrive.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
Huge question on EA Access Gaf? like Fifa 15 is coming out, when we download the trial for 5 days after the 5 days are over, then the real digital version comes out, do we need to download it again or does it unlock with the 5 day early access trial. because i would hate to download the full version again :/

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Huge question on EA Access Gaf? like Fifa 15 is coming out, when we download the trial for 5 days after the 5 days are over, then the real digital version comes out, do we need to download it again or does it unlock with the 5 day early access trial. because i would hate to download the full version again :/

I believe if purchased you should be able to just use what you've already downloaded seamlessly.

My understanding is it is the latter. Think of it like an unlock code

The fact that the games stay in the vault is a huge deal. It's exactly how I expected it to be, because the value is all the better that way. There's no sense in removing games, because then they'd be directly interfering in the ongoing enjoyment of subscribers that may be currently dedicated to a particular vault game. This service as more stuff gets added can really develop into something amazing.

p3tran

Banned
hmmm... "good guy ea" ?

sounds so fuckin' strange its almost giving me a headache :)

anyway, I suggested to my friends they also do the yearly sub.

lets see you do nice things, mr ea

Z_Y

So I signed up for a year even though I own BF4, Peggle 2 and FIFA.

I was in the mood for some Madden after watching some preseason games last night. I was buying Madden in a couple of weeks so I will get it a few days earlier and cheaper.

I'm banking on them adding something decent in the coming months though. Hope Need 4 Speed gets added soon.

blazeuk

As someone who doesn't really want to have any card details stored on my MS account, is waiting for GAME to sell the codes the only option? I'm pretty sure the Xbox won't let me remove payment details while the subscription is ongoing but is it possible to pay by paypal and then remove access to the account through the paypal website instead?

sangreal

As someone who doesn't really want to have any card details stored on my MS account, is waiting for GAME to sell the codes the only option? I'm pretty sure the Xbox won't let me remove payment details while the subscription is ongoing but is it possible to pay by paypal and then remove access to the account through the paypal website instead?

you can easily cancel the recurring sub and remove the payment option from billing.microsoft.com

blazeuk

you can easily cancel the recurring sub and remove the payment option from billing.microsoft.com

Ah ok, nice one. For some reason I thought the way MS had their service setup they required an account to be on file until the subscription ended regardless as to whether it was set to auto renew or not.

sangreal

Ah ok, nice one. For some reason I thought the way MS had their service setup they required an account to be on file until the subscription ended regardless as to whether it was set to auto renew or not.

I just tested and was able to remove the card I used to buy EA Access

It's really only XBL subs you have to worry about with Microsoft

Pingoreous

EA next gen releases so far:

UFC
Titanfall
Plants Vs Zombies
NFS rivals
Battlefield 4
Fifa 14
Madden 25
nba live 14

Coming soon:

BF hardline
Dragon Age
NBA live 15
Madden 15
FIFA 15
NHL 15

They not gonna give the new games away and if you play the sport games you want them right away. I don't see whats so great about signing up this year.

sangreal

UFC
Titanfall
Plants Vs Zombies
NFS rivals
Battlefield 4
Fifa 14
Madden 25
nba live 14

Coming soon:

BF hardline
Dragon Age
NBA live 15
Madden 15
FIFA 15
NHL 15

They not gonna give the new games away and if you play the sport games you want them right away. I don't see whats so great about signing up this year.

I completely disagree. I enjoy the sports game, but I'm not particularly motivated to run out and buy them for $60. Even still, this line betrays the rest of your point -- there are non-sports games that you don't need to rush out and buy, so it's okay if they aren't put in the vault when they're new

Somnia

UFC
Titanfall
Plants Vs Zombies
NFS rivals
Battlefield 4
Fifa 14
Madden 25
nba live 14

Coming soon:

BF hardline
Dragon Age
NBA live 15
Madden 15
FIFA 15
NHL 15

For a new xbox owner paying $30 and instantly having 4 games isn't a bad deal. Even more so if you're a parent buying a christmas present.

Pingoreous

I completely disagree. I enjoy the sports game, but I'm not particularly motivated to run out and buy them for $60. Even still, this line betrays the rest of your point -- there are non-sports games that you don't need to rush out and buy, so it's okay if they aren't put in the vault when they're new

So you buy your sports games mid-season or playoffs? I find that strange. Most people i know get hype and buy them to play along with the starting new season. Sports games sell the most at launch and then slow burn towards next season with a roster update. Also i said the sports games you want right away not the non-sports games.

Karak

Honestly other than 2 or 3 people in our lan group almost all of them do the same thing you do. So I would say as a group they would all agree with you. I don't usually get a sports game until even later then them. Then you have the none sports games and the early access. Simply amazing offer really. The early access interests me a great deal.

Top Bottom