• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces Subscription Service for Xbox One ($5/month or $30/year, get game vault)

I subbed for a year. I didn't have Peggle or Madden so it's a bargain to me. I'm considering selling my copy of FIFA 14 to Amazon to make it an even better deal.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Sold my physical copy of Battlefield 4 for £17.50 so the whole service for the year cost me £2.50 and I got the digital version of BF4.

I'm a happy... camper.

sorry

Krilekk

Banned
So billing.microsoft.com is telling me EA Access expires after the month I bought while EA Access App tells me it automatically renews on 9/1/14. Which one is it? I don't want to renew it, I paid 5 bucks to play Battlefield 4 and that's about it (already own every other EA game of this gen). Should I screenshoot billing.microsoft.com in case they automatically renew despite stating that automatic renewal is turned off?

blazeuk

So billing.microsoft.com is telling me EA Access expires after the month I bought while EA Access App tells me it automatically renews on 9/1/14. Which one is it? I don't want to renew it, I paid 5 bucks to play Battlefield 4 and that's about it (already own every other EA game of this gen). Should I screenshoot billing.microsoft.com in case they automatically renew despite stating that automatic renewal is turned off?

Mine said it was turned off on the billing.microsoft.com website but when I went to My Account on the Xbox website it was set to auto renew, that's where I had to turn it off.

RoKKeR

Fantastic to hear about games staying in the Vault forever, that is one thing I was sweating just a bit. (considering I traded my BF4 disc in as I no longer needed it)

I'd imagine they will add a handful of titles with the official launch, which I'd guess is tomorrow following the MS presser as I'm sure it'll be a big talking point.

Honestly other than 2 or 3 people in our lan group almost all of them do the same thing you do. So I would say as a group they would all agree with you. I don't usually get a sports game until even later then them. Then you have the none sports games and the early access. Simply amazing offer really. The early access interests me a great deal.

I've been playing the franchise mode on Madden for the past few weeks. Hell, I don't understand half of the options so I'm never playing full price for it but having last year's edition in an EA Vault saves me £15 every year.

Loving it. Go 49'ers.

MS would be wise to bundle 1 month of this with every new Xbox One purchase. Get a new system and you instantly get 4 games.

BTW, when does this open up to the public at large, any idea? They're advertising it along with Madden '15, so I'd assume at least a week ebfore M15 drops at the end of August, to take advantage of the early release, right?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i think this is great, even if only to do once or twice a year for 5 bucks a month to "rent" the library available. i'm tempted to do this for bf4 alone, but holding out for another title i'm interested in playing (NFS or PvZ).

U2NUMB

FYI Best Buy is giving 25 bucks for Madden 25 this week... 27.50 if your are a gamers unlocked member so if you have a hard copy of the game it pretty much pays for a year of the service.

TRios Zen

I'm not terribly into EA sports games so I have currently cancelled (well it will expire when my month is up).

The price is right though for what is included, IF the vault had at least a couple of games I would play, so definitely keeping an eye on this service.

vypek

I'll consider this when I get an Xbox One. I don't get a lot of EA games anyways so maybe it will be a bargain for me. I don't know.

Signed up just yesterday. Went with the yearly subscription. Downloaded Madden, Battlefield and Peggle 2 as I think my nephews will like Peggle. I already had FIFA 14.

Totally suck at Madden right now, and I don't understand defensive playcalling worth a damn, but I'll get use to it all in time. :p

I can't wait for the FIFA 15 trial. Going to be all over that.

EA next gen releases so far:

UFC
Titanfall
Plants Vs Zombies
NFS rivals
Battlefield 4
Fifa 14
Madden 25
nba live 14

Coming soon:

BF hardline
Dragon Age
NBA live 15
Madden 15
FIFA 15
NHL 15

They not gonna give the new games away and if you play the sport games you want them right away. I don't see whats so great about signing up this year.

Maybe they will expand this later to newer titles by offering different tiers/packs, for example:

Budget pack (current offer): FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4

Action pack: Battlefield: Hardline, Star Wars Battlefront,

RPG pack: Mass Effect, Dragons Age,

Sports pack: FIFA 15, Madden, etc.

Racing pack: Need for Speed, Burnout

Family pack: PvZ, Peggle 2, Sims 4,

Multiplayer pack: Battlefield: Hardline, FIFA 15,

Comparable to PayTV like sky etc.

Petrae

Who really bothers with madden/fifa demos anyway?

I (used to) look forward to Madden and NHL demos every year. They gave me early looks at the new stuff added and let me experience the game early so I could form a better idea of whether to buy right away or to wait.

Now I'll just wait.

Allforce

I completely disagree. I enjoy the sports game, but I'm not particularly motivated to run out and buy them for $60. Even still, this line betrays the rest of your point -- there are non-sports games that you don't need to rush out and buy, so it's okay if they aren't put in the vault when they're new

Honestly other than 2 or 3 people in our lan group almost all of them do the same thing you do. So I would say as a group they would all agree with you. I don't usually get a sports game until even later then them. Then you have the none sports games and the early access. Simply amazing offer really. The early access interests me a great deal.

I'm the same as you guys, the differences are so incremental each year that paying 60 bucks is ludicrous to me. I always just buy the previous years Madden or NHL for super cheap to get my sports-game fix. You can always even just update the rosters yourself, there aren't THAT many major moves from season to season that it takes very long to go "Oh ok Peyton Manning is on the Broncos now" or "Put Rick Nash on the Rangers", etc, etc.

For 30 bucks to get a football/basketball/soccer game and some other non-sports shit to dick around with seems like a good deal to me. Great even.

shandy706

I tend to wait to buy my sports games.....$30 a year is a steal for me, if it includes a lot of the previous years games.

Until the day comes that a Football game is released that actually tries hard to be great, this will do nicely.

Who really bothers with madden/fifa demos anyway?

I personally downloaded all FIFA demos when they were available. Love the games, always excited to try the next.

Even so, I see the kinds of trials being discussed for EA Access as a much more attractive way to preview games early, which is why I'm happy with my Access subscription.

Deepo

This might have been clarified already, but @EAAccess just confirmed for me that you'll be able to jump on EA Access at any time and get access to all the vault titles added up to that point, and not just what's added after you sub.

Q44By8z.png

Now, do I trust them? That's another matter.

This might have been clarified already, but @EAAccess just confirmed for me that you'll be able to jump on EA Access at any time and get access to all the vault titles added up to that point, and not just what's added after you sub.

Q44By8z.png

Wait, so they have no plans to remove any titles from the Vault, but at the same time you shouldn't be surprised if they remove titles from the Vault? What? They should be able to guarantee that you have permanent access to the titles. Smells fishy to me...

RoKKeR

Q44By8z.png

Cheeky bastards.

What I get from this, though, is them taking out Madden 25 in like two or three years when 15 and 16 are already in the vault, which makes sense/is fine by me.

Kampfheld

Banned

People are thinking about this way too much. They will probably remove titles like FIFA14 in a few years - when the servers shut-down and no one really cares anymore. I expect this is the only reason why they can not exclude the remove of games in general.

Deepo

People are thinking about this way too much. They will probably remove titles like FIFA14 in a few years - when the servers shut-down and no one really cares anymore. I expect this is the only reason why they can not exclude the remove of games in general.

I was more focused on getting clarification on whether it was like PS Plus, where you get the games that's added from the moment you sub, or if it actually gave you access to everything that was added before that time. Thought that bit was unclear.

I suppose they add the bit about removing games from the vault to cover their asses in case there's some unforeseen licensing issue or something of the sort. We'll just have to wait and see if they start removing things left and right. I'm keeping my distance for now, at least, as there seems to be no real loss in waiting a while.

Shallwhat

Banned
So, I just subbed for a year. Downloading BF4, FIFA 14 and Peggle 2 now. Safe to say this is going to be awhile considering BF4 is 35GB's.....

Top Bottom