• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA servers down

ironcreed

Banned
Battlefront is all that would be affected for me right now, but it has become such a lag-fest lately even without shit like this going on. Makes me not even want to play it much anymore.

xinek

Sigh. Really wanted to spend some time on my day off playing Battlefront.

"You must be signed in to your EA Account to access online features."
"You are not allowed to access online features."

Hate.

Nokterian

I fucking hate this and my guess it is DDoS attacks and it will happen tomorrow towards psn and xbox live..these fucking kiddies ruining my few days off.

While I'm annoyed that I can't play, I do sympathise with the EA staff that are spending their Christmas eve stressed out fixing whatever's happened to the servers... not a nice way to spend the day :/

ironcreed

Banned
What platform are you playing on and what kind of connection do you have?

XB1, wireless and open NAT. It's the only game I have any issues with. It will actually freeze up and say, "the game is unplayable due to bad connection" before unfreezing and being fine again. But it happens so frequently that it takes away from the game and I have read elsewhere that others on the east coast (US) are having similar issues. It is definitely server-side.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
If the game requires an Origin connection like Battlefront and Battlefield, yes.

6eqdBVf.gif

Beefy

XB1, wireless and open NAT. It's the only game I have any issues with. It will actually freeze up and say, "the game is unplayable due to bad connection" before unfreezing and being fine again. But it happens so frequently that it takes away from the game and I have read elsewhere that others on the east coast (US) are having similar issues. It is definitely server-side.

Yep many people have the same problem, I have it as well (PS4) and I am from the UK.

Don't know about the Xbone side, but wired is always better and if you can install DD-WRT on your router, enable UPnP (it actually works with DD-WRT), and set QoS to prioritize your console.

I have done that and I've had zero connection or lag issues at all. I also have a 50/5mbps connection with great ping timings.

ironcreed

Banned
Don't know about the Xbone side, but wired is always better and if you can install DD-WRT on your router, enable UPnP (it actually works with DD-WRT), and set QoS to prioritize your console.

It's the game and others are affected by the same thing. I have zero problems being wireless on either Xbox One or PS4.

eizarus

Banned
God damn it. Really hoping it's just a small server hiccup rather than the DDoS attacks people were discussing a week ago. Those assholes are nothing but the lowest of scum.

Pastry

Banned
Servers are back up? At least I was able to get on just now and received 5,000 credits for some reason in Battlefront.

Man, read above. Another poster has the same issues over on PS4. It is a known problem affecting some players. Especially on the east coast of the US. My connection is fine.
Obviously not. Unless the servers are extremely localized (IE there is a batch in your state that is the only one you connect to) there shouldn't be issues like this unless it is on your end.

I am also on the East Coast with no problems. None of the other 100+ people I play with spread over the US and Canada have problems, except for the few guys with DSL or terrible ping timings. Try joining a friend's game who lives somewhere else. If you still get lag, it is on your end.

ironcreed

Banned
Obviously not. Unless the servers are extremely localized (IE there is a batch in your state that is the only one you connect to) there shouldn't be issues like this unless it is on your end.

I am also on the East Coast with no problems. None of the other 100+ people I play with spread over the US and Canada have problems, except for the few guys with DSL or terrible ping timings. Try joining a friend's game who lives somewhere else. If you still get lag, it is on your end.

Whatever. I am not the only one complaining about the same problem and I have zero issues with any other game. It is not on my end.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man, I'm waking up early Xmas morning to play some Splatoon before handing the kids off to my ex. I better get to play some Splatoon and Mario Kart. How did Nintendo network handle the attacks last year?

EYEL1NER

It has offline modes, don't cry. Need for Speed on the other hand won't even start, whatever you do. Those racing fans drew the shortest stick. My Nhl 16 works offline at least...
The decisions they made with NFS still hurt me but I'm still saying "Nope" to it for reasons such as this. Fuck not being able to play a single-player game when I want to and for no good reason.

Man, read above. Another poster has the same issues over on PS4. It is a known problem affecting some players. Especially on the east coast of the US. My connection is fine.

Xbox one here and it does the same shit. It takes forever to connect and sometimes when it does, it disconnects after a while. However, the fix that worked for me was opening fuck tons of EA ports in the router but if you're going to resort to that to make a game work in this day and age then WTF?

It only happens with EA games specifically these newer ones like FIFA 16, Battlefront, NFS.etc something is up with their servers when it comes to their new games.

sflufan

Banned
Man, I'm waking up early Xmas morning to play some Splatoon before handing the kids off to my ex. I better get to play some Splatoon and Mario Kart. How did Nintendo network handle the attacks last year?

No one bothered to attack Nintendo's network last year because quite frankly, it isn't worth the effort.

ironcreed

Banned
Xbox one here and it does the same shit. It takes forever to connect and sometimes when it does, it disconnects after a while. However, the fix that worked for me was opening fuck tons of EA ports in the router but if you're going to resort to that to make a game work in this day and age then WTF?

It only happens with EA games specifically these newer ones like FIFA 16, Battlefront, NFS.etc something is up with their servers when it comes to their new games.

I am not going to resort to all that. I'll just play other games. As my connection is rock solid in everything else.

Whatever. I am not the only one complaining about the same problem and I have zero issues with any other game. It is not on my end.
Maybe try and fix it by opening ports or activating UPnP or DMZ instead of complaining about it on a forum. In the time it takes you to type up a post you could open up your router's control panel in the very same browser and fix it.

And people say devs are lazy.

ironcreed

Banned
Maybe try and fix it by opening ports or activating UPnP or DMZ instead of complaining about it on a forum. In the time it takes you to type up a post you could open up your router's control panel in the very same browser and fix it.

And people say devs are lazy.

I should not have to mess around with my router in order to be able to enjoy a game, nor have I ever had to. Also, no need act like such an ass just because some are not having a perfect experience with this game like you are.

I should not have to mess around with my router in order to be able to enjoy a game, nor have I ever had to. Also, no need act like such an ass just because some are not having a perfect experience with this game like you are.
As a hardcore gaming enthusiast (you post on GAF), having basic knowledge of your router, of which you are dependent on for the most basic of gaming activities this generation, should be standard. Throwing up your hands in frustration and walking away isn't a solution to any problem, let alone one as simple as port forwarding.

It just boggles my mind when people don't even want to attempt to do such simple things for themselves.

ironcreed

Banned
As a hardcore gaming enthusiast (you post on GAF), having basically knowledge of your router, of which you are dependent on for the most basic of gaming activities this generation, should be standard. Throwing up your hands in frustration and walking away isn't a solution to any problem, let alone one as simple as port forwarding.

It just boggles my mind when people don't even want to attempt to do such simple things for themselves.

Like I said, it is something I have never even had to consider doing for a game. Now, pardon me if I would rather just go ahead and continue playing games that do not require any such router tweaking. If that offends you, then I'm sorry.

PrankT

I have done that and I've had zero connection or lag issues at all. I also have a 50/5mbps connection with great ping timings.
I'm wired on ps4 with similar speed as you and started to have a lot of connection issues within the last week. Hadn't felt a hint of lag before that since release. Hopefully it's just a hiccup.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm wired on ps4 with similar speed as you and started to have a lot of connection issues within the last week. Hadn't felt a hint of lag before that since release. Hopefully it's just a hiccup.

There have been times were it has ran perfect, but lately it is just spotty at best.

Top Bottom