• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA servers down

Beefy

Like I said, it is something I have never even had to consider doing for a game. Now, pardon me if I would rather just go ahead and continue playing games that do not require any such router tweaking. If that offends you, then I'm sorry.

I'm wired and still have the problem. I get 35/10 and didn't have a problem until after the update.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm wired and still have the problem. I get 35/10 and didn't have a problem until after the update.

Like I said above. The game was fine for awhile and I was having a great time, but lately it has been spotty as hell and I am not going to dig around in my router when this is the only game giving me issues.

You could always be preventative and put your entire console into DMZ so you never have port issues with any game. It takes like 15 seconds.

low-G

You could always be preventative and put your entire console into DMZ so you never have port issues with any game. It takes like 15 seconds.

1. You should never have to DMZ any networked device for basic connectivity. Probably not going to lead to disaster, but odds are the router is shit.

2. I've had routers so shitty that even setting it to DMZ properly didn't fix all connectivity issues. Packets are still being routed through the router, it's not as if the device is physically connected outside the router.

1. You should never have to DMZ any networked device for basic connectivity. Probably not going to lead to disaster, but odds are the router is shit.

2. I've had routers so shitty that even setting it to DMZ properly didn't fix all connectivity issues. Packets are still being routed through the router, it's not as if the device is physically connected outside the router.
Yeah, too many routers suck. I recently got a basic TP-Link router (the $20 N300) and installed DD-WRT and it has been heaven. UPnP works properly so I haven't needed to DMZ or port forward anything. QoS works perfectly so everything on my network runs smooth like butter.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
publishers should stop making online only games that have components that can be played solo

BUT IT'S EFFECTIVE DRM!

(meanwhile pirates are able to play it offline and solo while legit customers are fucked by said DRM)

Top Bottom