• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports trailer: #teamreal or #teamcg?

Why would they do this again? Sony learned their lesson after the mess they created with the PS3 unveiling, but EA just goes and does this nonsense again.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It was an EA trailer at a console unveiling.

We all know the answer.

UberTag

Team CG. Electronic Arts should know better. Shame on them.
Furthermore, the all-around lack of live gameplay demos for any of these games almost a full three months after Sony's conference has to be considered downright alarming.

Today's press conference was an unmitigated disaster on multiple levels for not just Microsoft but Electronic Arts as well. Activision was BS, too... but, frankly, they're in a position to get away with it.

Fatalah

nelson_mighty_josh03.jpg

When the hell is baseball coming back to XBOX?!

RetroStu

Banned
I'm pretty certain i saw flat polygons on helmets and stuff and it certainly didn't look so much of a leap that it would make me think its cgi, i just have a feeling that next gen is going to have that 'cg' look to it due to much higher polygon counts.

Its funny because Gamespot were saying it was all cg as well but none of it really looked like cg to me and Microsoft don't usually fake stuff, they didn't with the Xbox or the 360.

If you take Forza for example, you could even see framerate skips.

commedieu

Banned
I'm pretty certain i saw flat polygons on helmets and stuff and it certainly didn't look so much of a leap that it would make me think its cgi, i just have a feeling that next gen is going to have that 'cg' look to it due to much higher polygon counts.

Its funny because Gamespot were saying it was all cg as well but none of it really looked like cg to me and Microsoft don't usually fake stuff, they didn't with the Xbox or the 360.

If you take Forza for example, you could even see framerate skips.

This was done by a commercial visual effects house in cali, its maya, vray, and nuke. Bullshots should be noted as such, its such fucking nonsense.

Retro

Definitely CG, but it was trying hard not to look like it. It fooled no one, and made their CG guys look inept... In other words, they have wasted their CG dollars.

I think it is in game engine but just done in a stylized manner (replay mode if you will) or it is a target render CG. Nothing that was shown in that sports trailer looked all that great honestly. Vinny on Giantbomb nailed it, it looked cartoony actually.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The NFL was clearly CG.

KKRT00

All assets, lighting, reflections looked in-engine.
IQ was too good, but trailer was shown in cinematic way.

Knoxcore

Everything the Sony showed for the PS4 looks better than what was shown for the XBox One, whether it was CG or in-game. I eagerly wait for E3 to see what MS has to offer. I want to see these exclusives they are talking about. I was pleasantly surprised by Quantum Break.

Top Bottom