• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports trailer: #teamreal or #teamcg?

#teamCG. Indeed, I'm in that camp for all of the "gameplay" they showed, except perhaps the Call of Duty trailer which was entirely made out of cut-scenes so is probably pre-rendered too.

charsace

The models could be real. 2k with mods can look close to that, though the cloth physics wouldn't be nearly as perfect as what is in the EA vid.

Pociask

Whether it's CG or real (hint: it's CG), the real issue is how EA shows off its sports games with camera angles you never see/use while actually playing the game. They show all these close ups of players sweating 1,000 individual beads of sweat, but it's still the same old zoomed out gameplay where everyone looks the same. Who are they fooling?

Pachinko

In game assets being pre-rendered for purposes of showing off. It honestly didn't even look that good so I'd be kind of disappointed if I actually cared about sports games. Like, it was just the next logical basic step forward- more polys everywhere (diminishing returns bigtime) , better textures and well, the only thing that DID look good- Grass. It actually looks like grass/astroturf now. Next logical step of course is how it deforms and how well everything animates and runs when placed on real hardware.

So guess teamboth is where I stand.

I really hope it's CG... if not, there added "realism" for next gen seems to be overaggeration and cartoony... gotta avoid that uncanny valley somehow.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I found that reel insulting... these people never learn.

It wasn't as blatantly bull like the "next-gen Madden" commercial from way back. It seemed plausible, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was another target render.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
This should be a poll

And definitely #teamcg, EA already tried to pull this shit on us before.

Ramirez

Why are you guys still speculating?

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre
FYI the EA Sports game footage was pre-rendered. Not taken from running off Xbox One hardware.

Top Bottom