• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports trailer: #teamreal or #teamcg?

Look at the Madden "demo" for the 360 & then look at the sales of the actual Madden games, the majority of their consumers simply don't care/have no alternative.

Kimawolf

Dude because there are people who BELIEVE that current Madden looks like their last E3 lie. People fall for the crap all the time.

conman

"In game" means as much as "lag free" these days. Both terms got tossed around freely at the event. Neither one was true. They've become marketing terms rather than technical ones.

sn00zer

To be fair, outside of the ridiculously unnecessary reflection in the beginning and the perfectly key framed animation, I have no doubt that is representative of what next gen games will look like

EA really shit the bed imo.

why even bother showing wireframe mocrap in the 3d software package....

this event really felt slapped together hastily... woulda HATED/LOVED to see what it was going to be like if it hadn't been delayed

King Boo

why did pc gamers say they won't buy a cod because dedicated servers were removed, but got it anyway? (i didn't, but i stopped buying cod a little while before that)

why did people buy sim city even with that server side garbage? (i didn't, but i really wanted to play it)

why did people buy starcraft 2 when they took out lan? (ok i'm guilty here. but it's a good game still)

why did people buy diablo 3 when they added auction house, that horrible loot system, and many other flaws that have been posted already in many other topics? (guilty again, and i regret it. never again)

why will people buy the xbox 1/3?

why does ea think we are all "stupid"?

maybe because there are many more people that don't care about certain things.

Arkam

Just in case anyone cares about the truth, it was a mix.

Not going to say which was which, but two were definitely in engine.
(of course with a BS camera but that's all marketing videos)

So #teamboth

Rikkun

Something looks off in that FIFA segment.. The defenders are AWFUL.

Nice job for using the same two players again and again and again EA.

JRjhvgB.jpg

Still waiting EA, still waiting.

Seronei

Doesn't even look graphically impressive. But definitely looks like CG.

Edit: Scratch the first sentence. Looked terrible on Stream but it's definitely not bad graphically after watching the youtube video. It's still ugly and the characters doesn't look like they belong on the field.

mr2xxx

Banned
Too much CG in the conference. Which made the conference pointless because we have already seen CG this good to advertise the PS3 and 360.

Ramirez

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre
FYI the EA Sports game footage was pre-rendered. Not taken from running off Xbox One hardware.

That settles that.

Kind of worrying that the games aren't even public ready yet. :\

Top Bottom