• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies @ E3 2017 Streaming Thread & Schedule

It's just that, while I absolutely was looking forward to Easy Update, I don't know why they'd make us watch it now as opposed to on our own time, especially when it's 2 AM on the east coast and they know people want impressions. ?

Don being there making this so hilarious.

It's just that, while I absolutely was looking forward to Easy Update, I don't know why they'd make us watch it now as opposed to on our own time, especially when it's 2 AM on the east coast and they know people want impressions. ?

This I agree with. We could have watched this fun diversion any time. And they'd then have even more time for impressions if they were to need it.

mcw

Likely they're taking a break.

ZeoVGM

Banned

Jesus, we get it. You want impressions. Every time they move away from them, you complain in the thread.

They've given a lot of impressions. They don't want to do that for 100% of their E3 coverage. Freaking relax.

Just watch it tomorrow and skip through parts you don't care about. I personally was waiting for Easy Update tonight. They're also likely doing it to take a break because, you know, they need to.

Can't wait for Bloodstained, looking forward to getting it from backing it.

Edit: LOL Brad that intro to these XSEED games.

Yeah, it actually did not look that bad in footage.
LOL "it's kind of like a lewd Splatoon."

WaterAstro

The reaction the trailer has had clearly shows that's wrong.

And yes, it was a bunch of "random gameplay clips." It was a trailer for a Mario game. ... And it was showing off the gameplay.

So do a lot of games, but they're actually edited well to have escalation and climax. Take the Battlefront 2 trailer as an example.

But whatever, arguing about this is just like last E3's ultra, terribad Zelda trailer. I can't even imagine why anyone could even like that one.

abrack08

Just checked. It was kind of both. A very short CG trailer bit leading to gameplay and then also ended with a CG teaser about Kraken or something. I think that's good honestly. BGE2 for example I have absolutely no idea how the final game will be..cz I don't think even the creators know yet.

They showed 2 completely separate trailers. First one was a full length, entirely CG trailer. Then they came out and talked about the game for a bit, then they showed the trailer that's mostly gameplay.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So do a lot of games, but they're actually edited well to have escalation and climax. Take the Battlefront 2 trailer as an example.

But whatever, arguing about this is just like last E3's ultra, terribad Zelda trailer. I can't even imagine why anyone could even like that one.

I think I'm starting to see the pattern here: you hate good trailers. :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

But that's exactly what the Mario Odyssey trailer is. There's nothing "random" about the gameplay clips at all.

B.O.O.M

They showed 2 completely separate trailers. First one was a full length, entirely CG trailer. Then they came out and talked about the game for a bit, then they showed the trailer that's mostly gameplay.

They ended with another CG trailer. The one that showed the underwater monster teaser. So a CG trailer --> Gameplay --> CG teaser. Check the conference video around 1h 43m mark for the final CG teaser. That's the one they ended the segment with, not the gameplay footage.

My post may have been lost at the bottom of the last page, but it's insanity to me that anyone would say that Mario didn't have escalation and climax. That's easily one of the best paced trailers I've ever seen.

I also loved the Zelda trailer last year, but I can understand why some people wouldn't like it. The Mario Odyssey Trailer is ace though; it's the kind of trailer that should be used to teach editors how to make trailers.

abrack08

They ended with another CG trailer. The one that showed the underwater monster teaser. So a CG trailer --> Gameplay --> CG teaser. Check the conference video around 1h 43m mark for the final CG teaser. That's the one they ended the segment with, not the gameplay footage.

The discussion was how the game was initially revealed. It was revealed with a CG only trailer that was a couple minutes long. I'm not disputing there was a short CG trailer after the gameplay teasing a Kraken or whatever.

B.O.O.M

The discussion was how the game was initially revealed. It was revealed with a CG only trailer that was a couple minutes long. I'm not disputing there was a short CG trailer after the gameplay teasing a Kraken or whatever.

Not sure what your previous post was then about. I mentioned the order because it explained why I recalled there being a CG trailer at the end. You seemed to be confused as to what the original conversation was about or didn't understand the context well. Here's what I said in the post you quoted

"A very short CG trailer bit leading to gameplay and then also ended with a CG teaser about Kraken or something"

I wasn't disputing him on the order of things..I agreed. And the reveal wasn't broken into multiple days. All three segments were part of the unveiling of the game to the public for the first time. The reveal didn't end with the CG trailer...like how BGE2 did was the point.

crash-14

About Kyle's score for the GOW trailer

I kinda understand what he means related with the final shoot (which totally screwed that score) but there are 2 problems, one from the knowledge Kyle has from Nordic mythology, the other from the trailer VO.

- The first ones goes towards the meaning implied on the last shot. That "Giant Monster" it's Jörmundgander. He's right the scale wasn't well showcase (Still it wouldn't have ben, but what mattered there was the fact that everyone thought we were going to fight him, but he said he was gonna help us. Why that's shocking? Because he is Locki's "son". Why he'd like to help an outsider?

- And related to the last part that's my problem with the VO. They highlight been an outsider like a big threat to Kratos. If you wanted to shock us on why the loyal sirvent that Jörmundgander is wants to help him, you shouldn't present him as "The serpent of the world". Those than don't know anything about this mythology won't get it.

Still that score was odd from kyle.

Hasney

Jesus, they're still going. Just started the archive, might have to skip trailer jones or I won't catch up with everything today.

Cyber6x

Neo Member
Their last day of E3 stream was seriously great.

Even at extreme tiredness, Ben, Huber, Jones, Kyle and Blood still seemed like the most jolly, humble, hardworking people.

The way they kept cracking up at each other seemed how they might act more casually, and was a delight.

Thanks for the E3, Allies!

abrack08

Not sure what your previous post was then about. I mentioned the order because it explained why I recalled there being a CG trailer at the end. You seemed to be confused as to what the original conversation was about or didn't understand the context well. Here's what I said in the post you quoted

"A very short CG trailer bit leading to gameplay and then also ended with a CG teaser about Kraken or something"

I wasn't disputing him on the order of things..I agreed. And the reveal wasn't broken into multiple days. All three segments were part of the unveiling of the game to the public for the first time. The reveal didn't end with the CG trailer...like how BGE2 did was the point.

I never said it was broken into multiple days. But the two trailers we're separated by a guy talking about the game on stage. And I think you were confused as to what the conversation was about, not me.

CG trailers work for stuff that we recognize and didn't expect to see.

Everything else though, not so much. Going CG for the Skull and Bones reveal was dumb, new IPs especially need gameplay right off the bat.

Didn't Skull and Bones start with gameplay video first and THEN showed the CG trailer? I can't recall clearly about the order they went with

Other way around.

Just checked. It was kind of both. A very short CG trailer bit leading to gameplay and then also ended with a CG teaser about Kraken or something. I think that's good honestly. BGE2 for example I have absolutely no idea how the final game will be..cz I don't think even the creators know yet.

The original post said they should have revealed the game with gameplay instead of a CG trailer. He's not implying no gameplay was shown, just that it should have been shown first. You said they started with gameplay, THEN went to CG, then sort of rolled back but tried to make it seem like you were still right by calling it "a short CG bit." It also didn't lead into the gameplay, again it was separated by a dude coming out on stage and talking and the videos were completely separate.

It's a silly thing to get defensive over (admittedly also a silly thing for me to argue with you over, sorry to everyone else for this huge quote-filled post), you either forgot it started with a CG trailer or misunderstood his post about how the game was revealed. Not a big deal, just thought it was funny you tried to make it seem like you were both right.

abrack08

More on-topic, and double-posty, Trailer Jones was fantastic last night. Jones said a lot of things I disagreed with but gave similar scores to what I would have given, and Kyle said a lot of things I agreed with but still gave GoW a way lower score than I would have. I think most of his criticisms rang true for me but it's still a trailer that made me want to play that game more, which in the end is it's job.

N° 2048

Missed the entire stream last night and saw how long the VOD was...7 hours.

Tonight is going to be fun watching that rofl

DieH@rd

Banned
In Day3 impressions video, during Spiderman talk Jones said that he has already "said his piece" about Spidey.

When did that happen?

Top Bottom