• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies (former GameTrailers) Switch Event - Betting Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha Jaffe is a baby and his game looks awful.

An Easy Allies tread is no place for negativity like that.

Try a little love and respect in your life, especially for those dedicating their life to making games. Even the ones you don't personally like.

epmode

The betting specials are probably my favorite thing from Easy Allies.

Well, either the betting specials or Tabletop Escapades.

Tregard

Soothsayer
9mjh7Ac.gif

sora87

I hope so too, as I think it would help a lot if they could get a nice studio similar to something Kinda Funny has. It would just make their videos look so much nicer to a casual viewer, but I'm not sure they will or not :-(

They haven't been able to hit it over the course of the whole first year. Maybe if they get some kind of major boost this year its possible

They need some more appealing stretch goals for sure.

And here is that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6eHYXWJRZQ

Jaffe moment at 18:45 and Shu moment at 42:20

I agree, thin skin. But the game was a lot of fun to play at PSX.

I think Kyle is cute af, and Shu is adorable, so I love this. Shu gets it. Kyle wasn't giving a nuanced critique of the gameplay of Drawn to Death; he was making a joke about its art style and sense of humour, which is subjective and doesn't require you to play it to get a bead on.

I think Jaffe is just a little sensitive, as his projects have had mostly negative reception since the original God of War.

Also, Ian is sooooo cute. Is he gay or just doesn't give a shit about wearing pink? Both are cool, but I hope it's the former so I can keep a dream alive in my head. :p

Bakkus

Ah thanks, here are my predictions

Simple Bets:

- Will the word "Metroid" be spoken? NO
- Will Wario reveal himself? YES
- Will the phrase "You're a kid now, you're a squid now" reveal itself? NO
- Will Wave Race be shown in any form? NO
- Will Waluigi speak? (This includes grunts, laughs, etc.) YES
- Will Link reveal HERSELF? NO

Dirty Bets:

- How many Rupees will we see? 21
- How many Fire Flowers will appear? 1
- How many Switch games shown will star Mario? 4
- (The Elyse Special) How many Double Jumps? 6
- How many Switch clicks will we hear during the presentation? 9
- How many times will the phrase "Make the Switch" be said? 0

Double. Down. on. Don.:

- How many times will a word be spoken out loud that rhymes with the word "Switch"? 2

FINAL BETS:
- What will be the US retail price of the Switch (Price of lowest SKU) 249.99

I'm endlessly impressed by how nice everyone is at EZA

Rest of the Internet, pls take note

It's why they are my favorite :)

They aren't fake and claim they like / love every game, but they try to just focus on the positives of stuff. They won't shy away from saying they have an issue with or don't like something, but they also don't spend tons of time just bashing and being negative.

Well their 1 year anniversary is coming up, so I'm sure they are going to be adding / reworking some stuff. If I was in their shoes (which I'm not of course, they know how to run their own company) I would try to focus 2017 on finding a way to make that studio happen.

Wink

Gets cheesier every time. Brad really changed the game when he replaced Bosman and created a character for this. Love it.

Neiteio

It's why they are my favorite :)

They aren't fake and claim they like / love every game, but they try to just focus on the positives of stuff. They won't shy away from saying they have an issue with or don't like something, but they also don't spend tons of time just bashing and being negative.
More importantly, I don't think I've ever heard EZA say anything that would ever make someone feel like an outsider. They never put anyone down, and that's great.

Bakkus

I'm looking at the other answers, and I see that very few believes Waluigi is gonna make any sounds. Why? If the Mario Kart presentation is of decent length, I think it's rather likely, and if a Mario sports game is announced, it's almost certainly gonna happen.

Bloodworth looks like a different person without his hair on display.

Brandon looks like a member of the Irish mafia.

Ben looks like a tool.

Cess007

I love how you can see the reflection in Ultima Brad, and him shaking his head as soon as the reflection starts waving lol

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I can see Camera Ghost in Ultima Brad's glasses.

I also just noticed Punished Huber's burned hat...

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I can see Camera Ghost in Ultima Brad's glasses.

I also just noticed Punished Huber's burned hat...

Me too attention to detail! Love it.

I'm putting my money on Brand Manager winning the whole thing hope Ultima Brad is ready for some grease.

Par Score

My bets:

Simple Bets:

- Will the word "Metroid" be spoken? No.
- Will Wario reveal himself? No.
- Will the phrase "You're a kid now, you're a squid now" reveal itself? No.
- Will Wave Race be shown in any form? No.
- Will Waluigi speak? (This includes grunts, laughs, etc.) No.
- Will Link reveal HERSELF? No.

Dirty Bets:

- How many Rupees will we see? 84
- How many Fire Flowers will appear? 1
- How many Switch games shown will star Mario? 3
- (The Elyse Special) How many Double Jumps? 6
- How many Switch clicks will we hear during the presentation? 57
- How many times will the phrase "Make the Switch" be said? 2

Double. Down. on. Don.:

- How many times will a word be spoken out loud that rhymes with the word "Switch"? 23

FINAL BETS:
- What will be the US retail price of the Switch (Price of lowest SKU) $199.00

An Easy Allies tread is no place for negativity like that.

Try a little love and respect in your life, especially for those dedicating their life to making games. Even the ones you don't personally like.

Lol. Battleborn sucks too, and Randy Pitchford is an even bigger baby. The Allies have no problem bagging on garbage when they see it.

Jaffe deserves to be called on his shit.

Maligna

Banned
Also, Ian is sooooo cute. Is he gay or just doesn't give a shit about wearing pink? Both are cool, but I hope it's the former so I can keep a dream alive in my head. :p

One of the biggest mysteries of EZA in my opinion. If I had to guess I'd say he's a lesbian in a man's body. Over the years the clues have been building up.

He plays female characters 99% of the time if given a choice, both in games and in live role playing. If he can choose a sexual orientation, those characters are always lesbians.

He's a big fan of wearing a t-shirt that says "strong female character" and when he wears a costume for Halloween or whatever he's usually gender bent.

There's also the time someone mentioned having the ability to switch genders at will and Ian muttered, "If only..."

Basically he is a complex guy and I love him for that. He doesn't give a shit what people think of him. One of my favorite moments was when a guy at a trade show questioned why he was wearing nail polish. Ian was like, "Because it's pretty."

Tregard

Soothsayer
One of the biggest mysteries of EZA in my opinion. If I had to guess I'd say he's a lesbian in a man's body. Over the years the clues have been building up.

He plays female characters 99% of the time if given a choice, both in games and in live role playing. If he can choose a sexual orientation, those characters are always lesbians.

He's a big fan of wearing a t-shirt that says "strong female character" and when he wears a costume for Halloween or whatever he's usually gender bent.

There's also the time someone mentioned having the ability to switch genders at will and Ian muttered, "If only..."

Basically he is a complex guy and I love him for that. He doesn't give a shit what people think of him. One of my favorite moments was when a guy at a trade show questioned why he was wearing nail polish. Ian was like, "Because it's pretty."

Ian is Ian and Ian is wonderful :)

CoolOff

That's why he is the best.

BruceCLea

Banned
I think Kyle is cute af, and Shu is adorable, so I love this. Shu gets it. Kyle wasn't giving a nuanced critique of the gameplay of Drawn to Death; he was making a joke about its art style and sense of humour, which is subjective and doesn't require you to play it to get a bead on.

I think Jaffe is just a little sensitive, as his projects have had mostly negative reception since the original God of War.

Ian isn't gay.

mishakoz

Really tho. Storytime with Daimini is such a weird stretch goal. I like the guy a lot, but it would be a show with minimal production value/editing, and honestly I rather hear the stories come up organically during podcasts/live streams. 40k goal should either be Trailer Jones, or a produced show by another ally, one that requires a little more work. I think a lot of people feel the same way which is why it hasnt hit 40k yet, its just not exciting.

Need a new show, maybe top 10s, something that requires some editing to make it feel worth that extra cash.

Slevin

Really tho. Storytime with Daimini is such a weird stretch goal. I like the guy a lot, but it would be a show with minimal production value/editing, and honestly I rather hear the stories come up organically during podcasts/live streams. 40k goal should either be Trailer Jones, or a produced show by another ally, one that requires a little more work. I think a lot of people feel the same way which is why it hasnt hit 40k yet, its just not exciting.

Need a new show, maybe top 10s, something that requires some editing to make it feel worth that extra cash.

Yea Damiani is already best in the biz with game sleuth and retrospectives. I'd up my pledge if the 40k goal was a weekly produced animated segment in the same vein as the bonus bits from the Final Bosman. No editorial because I know Kyle has said his peace on that, just those awesome animations.

emb

Switch rhymes with switch
True. I wonder if anyone will try to argue that Switch (Nintendo's latest and hottest interactive entertainment system) and switch (a word meaning to change) are different things that rhyme. Something in the definition of rhyme might debunk the idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom