• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE: "Meet NeoGAF, the hardcore community shaping the games media agenda"

Savitar

I like to think of this place as what GIA would have been if their forums had continued.

Plus I like video games, weird I know.

I like Edge magazine quite a bit. But the gaming press should take some credit/blame for Orth getting fired. Tons of popular gaming news sites and blog ran with this story.

I respect that guy for not selling it.

But part of me wonders if ten years down the line he might look back and say "Shit, I wish I took those offers".

The site has continued to grow and articles like this only serve to make it bigger. He will get even bigger cheques later on if he ever wants to sell.

Thorgal

WE FAMOUS NOW!!!!

e0Xtbysl.jpg

But part of me wonders if ten years down the line he might look back and say "Shit, I wish I took those offers".

As is mentioned in the article itself, Gaf's importance is likely to go up over the years, not down. EvilLore can probably sit on gaf for another decade and still sell it later for a lot of money if that's his ultimate final desire.

I don't think this site would work nearly as well without him working essentially full time on it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
EviLore never asked if he could come stay over at my house when he came to visit Europe! We could've stayed up and watched great films like Manos and Howard the Duck. :D

Coxy

I guess I shouldnt be surprised they left out doritogate when talking about corruption and how much it totally doesnt exist

Once I started lurking GAF my visits to gaming news websites plummeted, given that the gaming side is such a fantastic aggregation service of news and rumours (and of course creates the news sometimes). That itself is probably this forums biggest achievement.

TL4E

He is now 28, and tells us that he has turned down seven-figure offers from large corporations and gaming networks to buy his site

Maaaaan, fuck that, Evilore, I would have taken that money
KuGsj.gif

Mad props for not selling out. That takes principle.

It's amazing that guys like Jaffe and Cliffy B have managed to stay here for years without imploding their careers. Or maybe they have the perspective that if you're in entertainment and in the internet, you have to have thick skin.

VG companies need to have clear social media policies. In the case of Dyack, where it's the CEO shooting his mouth off, they need a dedicated PR team so no one takes this shit too personally. Dennis' constant teasing and release of underwhelming PR demos did not help ED or Too Human in the long run.

Usobuko

Banned

Not that I think its his intention but that will be equivalent to pulling a Roy Raymond?

Revven

Evilore deserves a better image! He's not classy enough in that picture they used. :(

Other than that, no way was it all of GAF that got Orth out of a job. If it never got outside of GAF like it did, Orth would have been fine.

LiK

I just like to waste my time here during work. But it appears we can create or destroy lives at whim.

Persona86

Banned
Seven Figures.....

Can he actually make money from this site? Maybe the ads are enough to pay for server?

I have no idea lol.

You have to wonder what someone's agenda is, if they are willing to pay seven figures.

Top Bottom