• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: (Rumor) Retro Studios NX game isn't Metroid or DKC. Releases 2017.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
No Metroid? We are potentially stuck with FF?

Uxop5zy.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Crap. It's probably some dark FPS. Lame.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I spoke to the same sources, but decided to not post it for certain reasons.

Sesha

RIP Metroid. If this is real then all three of my predictions for the new Retro title will have come true.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
New IP? Intrigued if true. Glad it isn't more Donkey Kong. No offense, I like their DK games, but I want something different.

CronoShot

I'm honestly shocked Nintendo would allow them to make a new IP.

Splatoon's success changed some minds at Nintendo, I think.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What if it's a Mario game?

Whatever the game is, it's practically guaranteed to look and play amazing. Seriously the amount of Detail in Tropical Freeze's levels is jaw-dropping. The UC3 art director and his team went to town.

213372bu

Banned
Retro unchained with their own IP would be amazing. I'd love to see that.

She leaked Paper Mario. She has a few other NX leaks that are specific and haven't been confirmed yet, but likely will be (Mother 3 localization, Zelda has VO and a female Link, Smash is being ported...)

Also what's weird more often than not she just states her opinion on twitter and then people treat it as though it is a rumour.

But we've already been tipped off on Paper Mario and a possible Mother 3 localization before, right?

So I guess I'll take this with a grain of salt.

Would love another DKC or Metroid from them, but I'm glad they're being allowed to do their own thing, if this is true at least.

L Thammy

Seriously though, I hope Retro is able to work on something originally, preferably something that isn't typical of Nintendo's Japanese studios. Both because I think it would be good for the NX, and because I personally don't want to get either a new Metroid or a new Donkey Kong Country. Don't care for the former, didn't find Tropical Freeze interesting beyond its David Wise soundtrack even though I realize that it's a really good game when taken by itself.

MuchoMalo

Banned
A new AAA Western IP from Retro could be what saves Nintendo if they put the marketing muscle behind it. Nintendo needs their Halo or Uncharted if they want to revive Western interest.

Ridley327

Weren't there rumours of Star Tropics a few years back?

Only in the minds of the eight people that are asking for a new StarTropics game.

A new IP would be really rad! I actually do hope it doesn't call to anything that they were working on back before Nintendo's purchase, since I'd rather be surprised by something I'm not expecting.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Rösti;202167551 said:

Is this the concern you had Rosti re: Nintendo and leaks? Things will be 'worse' given the decision to make announcement later in the year? Rumors will only continue to swirl as they have the past two months?

I think its a good think Splatoon Succeeded in such a spectacular fashion. It hope it sent a big message to nintendo about New IPs.

Not

Banned
I wonder if any of this stuff is true. The investor's meeting makes me think that all the good news about Nintendo's NX decisions are mostly bullshit

Astral Dog

No Metroid? We are potentially stuck with FF?

Uxop5zy.gif

Metroid id dead, the Prime trilogy is over, The Other M dream turned out to be a nightmare, there not many talented developers willing to make a Metroid game.

What i find strange is the producer of the series not ruling out a Metroid game on NX and even hinting at it, thats why im not sure on this rumor.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Rösti;202167551 said:

All I need to know:

New IP?

Top Bottom