• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Engadget: Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, Halos 1-4

What's left for MS's E3 as an actual surprise at this point?

Is all this info being preemptively leaked to stop CBOAT getting the first word on it or what.

Newlove

This is such a ridiculous bargain, assuming its normal price. I'm really interested to hear how they've been remastered exactly. I mean Halo 4 on Xbox One alone is EXCELLENT news to me. I'd be all over that. My god...so much value.

NeoGIF

2lzhDU7.jpg

kitzkozan

Getting this...collectors item...still not getting an xbox one....yet

Lol, I might do the same thing as I'm guessing it's going to be another Metal Gear solid legacy collection case which become rare as fuck all of a sudden. It would be a perfect candidate for an E3 pre-order promo (in Canada anyway).

Wait wait so it's not Halo 2: Anniversary but Halo 1-4 Anniversary? Holy Nuts!!

Microsoft!! Chill bro. Just Chill Man!!
Whoa dude, chill!! Leave something for E3.

TrueGrime

$60?? LOL.

This includes all campaigns AND multiplayer.

You guys are dreaming. This is going to be a $100+ package for all that.

LAA

Wow, wasnt expecting Halo 1-4, but I must still express disappointment with no Reach/ODST, they were both pretty special in the Halo-verse.

I'm wondering what they'll do with Halo 2 though... Remake it like they did with Halo CE? Then presumably bump up the Res/FPS on all of them? Seems a pretty big job for sure.

Halo for PC? For sure! I'd pay full price just for Halo 3 on PC, ha ha.

Megatron

$60?? LOL.

This includes all campaigns AND multiplayer.

You guys are dreaming. This is going to be a $100+ package for all that.

Yeah, I sort of feel like Halo 2 will be sold separately for $60 and contain MP. Then the other games will be offered in a collector's set or as individual downloads.

Volcane

Not really fussed about HD remakes if played the games originally. I played all the Halo's except 4, but wouldn't be bothered about replaying them with a higher resolution and a bit of paint.

Rather they put the effort into new IP's instead.

JonCha

How multiplayer factors into this equation will have a lot to do with whether I ultimately give a shit or not.

If H2A rumors are correct and "if" the MP is left largely unmolested, I'll be given no choice but to buy this...

If they go that route, I'm 100% out. Wouldn't inspire much confidence regarding H5, either.

Summed up my feelings perfectly.

Gorillaz

I don't see it being 60, probably 80+, but regardless it's a steal. I'm assuming online coop with 2 being the only one with MP and a halo 5 beta like people said.

C4Lukins

So assuming this is true, this is what I would reasonably expect. This is trying to take into account the resources such a project would take.

SP/Coop Campaigns would be

Halo CE Anniversary at 60FPS 1080P
Halo 2 Anniversary at 60FPS 1080P
Halo 3 at 60 FPS 1080P
Halo 4 at 60 FPS 1080P minus Spartan Ops stuff

Extra modes such as the individual Forge modes, and the various playback and photo modes would not be included.

Multiplayer would be a single all encompassing mode, not a separate version for each game. Probably using Halo 4 mp as a starting point, but moving more towards the Halo 2 model. It would be a greatest hits of maps from each game. Various popular modes from throughout the series will be included. Would also include a highly customizable forge mode that would include select elements of each game.

I think asking for much more then that would be unreasonable and just way to much work.

turcy

reach can burn in hell, all i want is chief, more chief, all the chief.

fucking microsoft, now i'm probably [read: leaning towards definitely] going to have to pick up a bone soon.

Top Bottom