• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Engadget: Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, Halos 1-4

Guys....I'm giddy with excitement. Please be true. God damn.

tumblr_lw2lpjaTt61qdchi5o1_400.gif

perfect gif

What if all the games' campaigns are remastered, but it's just Halo 4's multiplayer shared by all of them?

i7GaNyrqMKGBP.gif

Curufinwe

Mostly I just really hope we get the Anniversary edition of CE. I'd understand if Halo 2 is the OG version since they're going to be releasing Halo 2: Anniversary soon, I don't mind buying that seperately. I just really want all of the best versions of these games to be on XB1.

You think they are doing this and Halo 2 as a separate remake?

jelly

I'll take a guess.

Halo 1,2,3,4 Campaigns with Online Co-op.
Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer and a collection of maps from 1,2,3,4.
Halo 5 Beta.

This would be my guess as how it would work. Halo CE: Anniversary (No MP) Halo 2: Anniversary (with MP) Halo 3 (No MP) Halo 4 (No MP, but Spartan Ops). Achievements would be interesting, could have a compilation like the Orange box, Halo 2 Anniversary could have separate achievements though if it were sold separately. At any rate I'd be happy with this and it seems more realistic than giving us the MP for each game.

Edit: Someone already guessed the same thing, it's the most logical approach.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Unless by remaster they mean just 1080p @ 60 FPS with nothing else changed.

Just? That would be absolutely incredible.

The only game that really needs an upgrade is Halo 2 but I don't see them packaging the Halo 1 remaster without giving H2 some love.

The whole thing still sounds too good to be true to me.

Maybe a multi based off H4s engine but an amalgamation of all 4 games? Saber Interactive and maybe Certain Affinity?

All I know is I'm hype as all hell.

This contradicts the ntkrnl leaked that there was a Halo 2 anniversary coming at the end of the year, this sounds quite different to just H2.

Halo 5 uses a new engine, so it seems unlikely they would have the time and resources to remake 4 entire games and/or port them to a new engine.

If this is coming, my bet would be that it was a few levels from each game which highlight just how awesome master chief was, all wrapped up as the missions being recalled by a military historian or more likely a computer archive.

They would then finish it up with a prologue mission for Halo 5 and maybe a few fave multiplayer maps serving a beta/demo for the full Halo 5 multiplayer.

ntkrnl basically called this the mega edition of the Halo 2 remake. I imagine only it will have real work done while the others will just be cleaned up ports.

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

I cannot imagine that 3 and 4 are still going to have online, that would be insane!

Woah! So much for just a remaster of 2...

So a pricedrop and now all the numerical Halo titles on the One?

Even the hardcore PS4 fanboy in me wants to jump in.

I'm digging this new MS.

Glad there is no reach included. Halo 4 isn't very good and I don't really like it stinking up my halo's 1-3 but i guess 4 games is more bang for your buck than 3.

I'm going with Halo 2 Aniversary full remaster with next gen graphics. Halo 1 is Halo Anniversary in 1080p. Halo 3 and 4 are just the old games rendered at 1080p.

Megatron

Are we getting MP for all games?!?!?!

I hope not, to be honest. It would just split the player base too much. Better to have one multiplayer cover all the games. Good DLC strategy for Microsoft also as they can keep releasing the old maps as DLC.

majik13

If this turns out true and If it only has one MP mode, then it will likely be 4, with maps from the other games. Otherwise I wouldnt mind Halo 3s MP. And could maybe see them opting for that, since 4 isnt that old and is still going.

RoKKeR

Thread title still needs a rumor tag IMO, and I wish Endaget elaborated a bit more on how they got this info other than "we've heard" or whatever.

clav

but you were supposed to release the games on Steam!

rageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Xbox One owner

_woLf

Day fucking one if the multiplayers all run on their individual engines. Let the fans play the multiplayers they way they're meant to be played, who cares about concurrency. Save that for Halo 5.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwyeah.

I'd buy an xbox one for this without a single doubt.

Top Bottom