• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Engadget: Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, Halos 1-4

belushy

Banned
Yeah, I sort of feel like Halo 2 will be sold separately for $60 and contain MP. Then the other games will be offered in a collector's set or as individual downloads.

Good point. I can see that being the route they go. Ntkrnl's leak did say that H2A was two versions. The base version, and the War Collection (now the Master Chief Collection.)

clav

Can I trade my Xbox + Xbox 360 collection of Halo games for a Xbox One copy?

Is BC not important any more?

Ape

Banned
Master Chief appears in REACH at the very end you can see him if you move the camera during the cut scene. I DEMAND reach be included.

Megatron

Not really fussed about HD remakes if played the games originally. I played all the Halo's except 4, but wouldn't be bothered about replaying them with a higher resolution and a bit of paint.

Rather they put the effort into new IP's instead.

They're doing that too though. So you're still getting Halo 5 made next year by 343 studios, and you're ALSO getting this. You're saying you'd be happier only getting Halo 5?

Jomjom

Banned
If they release a Halo themed Xbone with this release... OMGGGGGGGGGGG DROOL!

Master Chief appears in REACH at the very end you can see him if you move the camera during the cut scene. I DEMAND reach be included.

This is the truth! Let's start a twitter campaign.

RoKKeR

Hate to be the guy who rips Twitter posts from insiders but, shinobi was right on the mark about Halo 5 yesterday...

XoL.png

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/467426128161165312

Pain

Banned
Which multiplayer would it have? It'd be stupid to have all of them. My bet is on Halo 4 multiplayer and all campaigns.

If this is just $60 it'd be the best deal in gaming in a while. I'm betting it's more of a "best of" when it comes to MP and contains all the campaigns. How does a disc hold all that and how does one revamp all those games graphically in a year? I'm guess it's 1080p ports with Halo 2 anniversary. This is insane. I may buy an Xbone this year.

ntkrnl said that a White Xbox One bundle including Sunset Overdrive was gonna come out when SO releases, so I would lean on one coming put this year, yeah. It will be bought so hard.
There's this strange sensation in my loins.

Guys is this what hype feels like?

jem0208

Halo 3 MP shits all over Halo 2.

SO I have no idea how this could possibly be the "Best possible combination".

Meh, opinions.

Halo 2 was fantastic, so was Halo 3. Halo 2 MP is completely dead and we have no way of playing it, hence being able to play it again would be awesome.

RoKKeR

It's gonna be the price of a normal retail game. There is zero chance of them charging something like 100 for it, that'd be nuts.

Also this. It'd be ludicrous for them to release this for more than $60.

Edit: I could see them releasing H2A separately at $40, and the collection at $80 or something. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

faridmon

Yes! I never played Halo so it would be amazing way to actually see whats the fuss is all about!

Shame that it won't include ODST and Reach, hoping for another HD collection!

DedValve

Banned
I came in expecting H2 Anniversary I came out with 4. 4 games. All of these bombs and the main event hasn't even started!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Which multiplayer would it have? It'd be stupid to have all of them. My bet is on Halo 4 multiplayer and all campaigns.

I would assume all 4 exist together

So the multiplayer style will just be a game mode alteration

If I were to guess

Halo 2 slayer on halo 4 maps ? Whyyyyy not

Zornack

I don't think they'd have the time to remake H1-H4 so I'm guessing these would just be uprezzed versions of the old games, right? I'd prefer a complete H2 remake.

Bsigg12

It's gonna be the price of a normal retail game. There is zero chance of them charging something like 100 for it, that'd be nuts.

I think it'll be like ntkrnl said, 2 different releases. One for Halo 2 Anniversary (from $39.99-$49.99) and then the collection with a whole bunch of extras ($99.99 to $129.99).

TrueGrime

And ill pay it like the good little consumer whore I am.

All that awesomeness, in one little Bluray box. Its almost like Microsoft's own Orange box.

Oh hell yes. My bank account doesn't know it yet but it's going to lose a few pounds here real soon.

Megatron

I strongly disagree. Halo 2, completely remade with it's own MP could easily go for $60. Even if you put it at $40 like Halo 1 AC was (Which is unlikely because that game just coasted on Reach's multiplayer, where Halo 2 would need to have MP made from the ground up for it) you'd still be looking at only paying $20 for Halo 1, 3 and 4 which seems extremely cheap. I think you'll see Halo2 AV with multiplayer offered by itself. THAT price won't be higher than $60, but you can buy a different version, a collection that gets you all the games for around $100, or buy them individually at $15-20 each.

Top Bottom