• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN discounts: Batman Arkham Knight, The Last of Us, Retro titles & more

oni-link

In the end I picked up:

Crash 2
Crash 3
Alundra
Klonoa
Grandia
Gradius V

Pretty bummed about Grandia being 50hz but oh well, I'm sure it's playable

Also annoyed Metal Slug 1 is only on sale for PSP, not PS3, and I think the same is true of Skullgirls

Still, not a bad haul for £14.50

pbayne

In the end I picked up:

Crash 2
Crash 3
Alundra
Klonoa
Grandia
Gradius V

Pretty bummed about Grandia being 50hz but oh well, I'm sure it's playable

Also annoyed Metal Slug 1 is only on sale for PSP, not PS3, and I think the same is true of Skullgirls

Still, not a bad haul for £14.50

Dosen't the PSN grandia have some game crashing bug? Did it get fixed?

Jamestown+ is a pretty good bullet hell shooter, I don't regret caving in.

Also I bought Terraria AGAIN, I hope I'll beat it (there's some kind of boss to beat in the world, right ?)

Ban Puncher

Skullgirls 2nd Encore is on sale on the PSN. The PS4 theme is also available to buy for $4.55. So I buy SG and then go back to buy the theme.

You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):

You already own

Skullgirls 2nd Encore

nQNo61Y.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

DapperSloth

I live in Sweden so how will the Hz affect the PS1/2 games? Since we have PAL I think that we have 60Hz? Not quite sure. Also, are the old games only playable on PS3?

Is the Jak & Daxter Trilogy in HD, the remastered one?

Tizoc

I live in Sweden so how will the Hz affect the PS1/2 games? Since we have PAL I think that we have 60Hz? Not quite sure. Also, are the old games only playable on PS3?

Is the Jak & Daxter Trilogy in HD, the remastered one?
No they're remakes of the ps2 games :p
95% of the psone games on any eu psn is 50 hz but i think only uk psn has the 60 hz games.

DapperSloth

No they're remakes of the ps2 games :p
95% of the psone games on any eu psn is 50 hz but i think only uk psn has the 60 hz games.

Remakes of the PS2-games? Isn't that the HD version then?

So is having 50Hz bad? Should I change my account to UK and download them from UK to get the benefit of smoother gameplay?

gelf

Shinobi PS2 has a 60 Hz option. Overall impressions are that it's a good action game.

I mean specifically its performance when played on PS3. Virtua Fighter 4:Evo has a 60Hz option too but its emulation on PS3 performs vastly worse then the PS2 original. I don't trust the PS2 classics for this reason.

Bought three games:
Jamestown+ is very good.
Tembo the badass elephant is a major disappointment for me, just don't like the game Flow at all.
AC chronicles China seems pretty good, only played the first Level.

Ban Puncher

Sent Lab Zero an email. Haven't heard back.

Called Sony. "We can't refund you so you can buy the theme first then re-buy the game because that's too hard but what we can do is ESCALATE your issue - you should hear from us in 7 to 10 working days."

I could totally hear the guy typing it up too.

5yad0v5.gif

Yasawas

I'd seen the name Jamestown and never investigated further but it looks pretty great based on the store trailer. Getting that, and setting my PS3 back up just for the retro goodness. Sweet sale.

myca77

Does anyone know if God Of War 3 remastered is supposed to be on offer? Reason I ask is I just went to the store page and it stated:

This price is only available from 24/9/2015 01:00 am to 12/10/2015 12:59 am.

But the price appears to be the same £29.99

JoshHood

Wasn`t Primal in the PSN a few years ago?

I don't think it's ever been on the EU/UK PSN, sadly.
Does anyone know if God Of War 3 remastered is supposed to be on offer? Reason I ask is I just went to the store page and it stated:

But the price appears to be the same £29.99
They are handing out 25% off codes at EGX this weekend, maybe the discount label is showing up incorrectly for that (I have one if anyone wants it).

myca77

I don't think it's ever been on the EU/UK PSN, sadly.

They are handing out 25% off codes at EGX this weekend, maybe the discount label is showing up incorrectly for that (I have one if anyone wants it).

If you got one to give I would gladly take it, been wanting to get it but have been waiting on a sale.

Well, Klonoa is still the 50Hz version even though it still has the US flag and 60Hz warning. Even the PS logo startup sound is in slow motion.
It's running at 60Hz on the Vita though, which is dumb.

Decider

Picked up:

ClaDun 1&2
What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? 1&2
Mana Khemia
Phantom Brave
Portable Ops+

Some of this stuff is ridiculously tucked away. I believe this is the first time the ClaDun games have been discounted, too.

Tizoc

Well, Klonoa is still the 50Hz version even though it still has the US flag and 60Hz warning. Even the PS logo startup sound is in slow motion.
It's running at 60Hz on the Vita though, which is dumb.
Hmm
Try playing it on a us account on your ps3
I suspect the eu psn emulator runs games at 50 hz but orher regions run 60 hz

Hmm
Try playing it on a us account on your ps3
I suspect the eu psn emulator runs games at 50 hz but orher regions run 60 hz

Will I need to make a new PSN account, and if so, will I be able to play my UK account games on it?

I want to play gex, which one us the Best?

You are right, they released in the US Psn a few years ago, but not in EU.

I've only played Deep Cover Gecko, but I adored that game. Gex 3D looks very similar, and Gex 1 was a DKC styled aesthetic game if I remember correctly.

Tizoc

Will I need to make a new PSN account, and if so, will I be able to play my UK account games on it?

I've only played Deep Cover Gecko, but I adored that game. Gex 3D looks very similar, and Gex 1 was a DKC styled aesthetic game if I remember correctly.
Anything u buy on psn can be played on any psn account in a ps3 regardless of region
So yes u can play any of ur games on a newly made us ps account.

Anything u buy on psn can be played on any psn account in a ps3 regardless of region
So yes u can play any of ur games on a newly made us ps account.

Actually you can't for PS1 games. They won't play on a US account. But they will play on a US console, you just need to log-in to your EU account. And you can remote play them on a US vita.

Mr.McFist

Picked up Gradius V - was waiting for it to go on sale since it's release on PSN, never played a Gradius title before but always been curious

Tizoc

Actually you can't for PS1 games. They won't play on a US account. But they will play on a US console, you just need to log-in to your EU account. And you can remote play them on a US vita.

Hmm not sure I follow?
I have multiple accounts on my PS3, and I have various PSOne games from EU, JP and US PSN.
All run fine on my PS3 without any issues.

Just played Crash Team Racing for the first time. I officially hate my younger self for skipping this game at the time of release, even though I was a huge Crash fan. What was I thinking, it's great!

shmoglish

8,20€ in the wallet, what to buy?

Bought in this sale

Maximo
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
Suikoden 3
God Hand
Crash 3
Driver
Gex Deep Cover Gecko and Enter the Gecko

I want to try Fear Effect, but sadly it isn`t part of the sale. Is the Ps2 Version of Deus Ex good?

Bought Enter and Deep cover, the first one isn`t part of the sale. Thank you.

Played Dino Crisis and the beginning in Legend of D. on my EU psn, bought the games in the US Store. You may be wrong.

xrnzaaas

hotline miami2 or olli olli2 sale?
havent seen one...

They've both been in at least one of the recent sales. If I were you I wouldn't buy HM2 right now. It's not that I don't recommend the game (bought it on day1), but there's a chance it'll land on PS+ soon (just like the first game).

Hmm not sure I follow?
I have multiple accounts on my PS3, and I have various PSOne games from EU, JP and US PSN.
All run fine on my PS3 without any issues.

It doesn't matter anyway. I was already on the 2nd to last world on Klonoa anyway. The only thing that was noticeable was that the prerendered cutscenes were playing slow, and the sound was deeper than normal. The game ran fine though.

Just played Crash Team Racing for the first time. I officially hate my younger self for skipping this game at the time of release, even though I was a huge Crash fan. What was I thinking, it's great!

I never found a copy of CTR when I was younger, but it was my most wanted game. I probably played the demo of it more than I played some of my actual games. The first thing I did when I got my PS3 was buy it.

8,20€ in the wallet, what to buy?

Bought in this sale

Maximo
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
Suikoden 3
God Hand
Crash 3
Driver
Gex Deep Cover Gecko and Enter the Gecko

I want to try Fear Effect, but sadly it isn`t part of the sale. Is the Ps2 Version of Deus Ex good?

Bought Enter and Deep cover, the first one isn`t part of the sale. Thank you.

Played Dino Crisis and the beginning in Legend of D. on my EU psn, bought the games in the US Store. You may be wrong.

I've only played the PS2 version, and I was useless at it, but I remember it being OK. I'd probably recommend the PC version of you can play it.
The original Gex was on sale on UK PSN, so it's stupid that it's not on other EU stores.

Top Bottom