• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] New massive Summer sale (500+ items)

Koozek

Okay, I finally grabbed Titanfall 2 after hearing so many good things about the campaign.

My first digital PS4 game. I'm honestly getting too lazy to swap game discs nowadays, haha. I have no emotional atttachment to physical games anymore anyway. Just a waste of space and I've been using Steam for years now too. Music and movies are already digital only for me, why not do the same for games (except for my favorite series that are special to me like FF or Zelda, though).

JJShadow

Witness and Oxenfree for now, soak them in and keep £4 aside

INSIDE and Oxenfree for sure, though I admit I have yet to play any of the others.

But those two are fucking fantastic.

I'd say Witness for sure, and Inside if you like atmosphere and visual storytelling, Oxenfree if you want mystery and actual dialogue. Both Inside and Oxengree are great though.

Inside's story is wholly unsatisfying. The game is essentially a series of disconnected set-pieces strung together by the barest of narrative threads, so keep that in mind. For me the game felt random as hell, and it was disappointing as a result. The majority of players seem to be okay with it though.

ABZU is content being a rehash of Journey. Beautiful to look at and listen to, but it doesn't have the emotional resonance of thatgamecompany's classic. It's also essentially a walking simulator underwater, which doesn't feel right because there's nothing linear about the ocean.

Haven't played the others. Would like to though.

The Witness is a fairly long game - i think its about 25-30 hours. It's great!

Cosmic Star Heroine also looks interesting to me, so I'd get those two.

What kind of game are you looking for, and what are your genre preferences?

I haven't played CSH yet, but it's a sizeable RPG in the mould of Phantasy Star as I understand.

I described Inside a little above. If you've played Limbo then you'll know what to expect. It's a platformer with physics puzzles with a very strange world and premise.

Oxenfree I've only played an hour or so, but it kind of feels like a Telltale game with more player agency.

ABZU is basically Journey underwater, and it's really lovely and absolutely stunningly beautiful, although it doesn't have any ideas of its own. If you haven't played Journey then I guess it's like a third-person walking simulator, or rather swimming simulator!

I haven't played The Witness (although I'm tempted to get it myself). It's a puzzle game from the guy who made Braid, and it's very sizeable.

Thanks everyone for the input, I really appreciate it! I'll be grabbing The Witness, Oxenfree and INSIDE, I think they are right up my alley

Just_one

Come on dude, psn sales have been pretty much back to back in both regions.
Just a few weeks ago the us had a huge sale where you could find GoW3R for $5.99 and TO1886 for $3.99. They cost 19,99 and 12.99 euros respectively in this sale.
That's why I and many others have one account for each region.

sou portugues :p

and mordor goty for $5.99 and i think it was $3.99 with +

some US guys are hardly satisfied

portugal here not US

didnt had income on that specific sale and since the US dollar is weaker than Euro i was looking for a similar sale now that i´ve money to spend

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Got No Man's Sky at £10.

I'm only a couple hours in so far and must say it's quite enjoyable. I think it's too early to say if I'll stick with it. Once I get settled in I'll have a better idea but for a tenner I can't really complain if I do give up on it.

Jimrpg

Hmm, Caligula for £20... okay then!

Also, STILL no sale on Atelier Ayesha Plus but all the other games have been on sale... what is going on?

KT trying to make us purchase Ayesha Plus full price as long as they can.

I'm going to hold out a bit longer.

Going to get Escha & Logy. Man this is game number 5 of the Atelier series I'm getting and I haven't played one yet.... I'm only getting them because they never go on sale! Please be good.

So, I wasn't particularly sold by Memories of Celceta, so would I find Ys Origin more enjoyable? My main issue was that I didn't really enjoy the combat or level design.

Dunno what you'll make of the level design as it's all basically a multi-level dungeon. I liked it but then I mostly enjoyed Celceta :p However, the combat is definitely a step up from Celeta. A flight of steps and then some! You have your regular melee/non-MP consuming, spam attack (which with 2 of characters also come with aerial and chance-to-dizzy ground pound varieties); 3 MP consuming "skill" attacks + hold button variation of each. These skill attacks can quickly be swapped about via the L1 and R1 buttons. The combat is *fantastic* what with the screen sometimes having oodles (in terms of quantity *and* variety) of enemies, flowing combat and a super smooth framerate. (I'm on 3rd playthrough and only experienced issues once and that was more a one off glitch than something all copies of YsO suffer from.) And there's at least 2 more combat related things I didn't even touch upon, ditto a whole bunch of other gameplay related mechanics. You'll be getting a tonne of fun for a little over £9. (If you have PS+ and buy the PS4 version.)

Some quick gameplay clips:
https://twitter.com/SoKfa_ce/status/884810087461785604

https://twitter.com/SoKfa_ce/status/885968618051260416

EDIT: NOOO! I just saw your follow up post xD Oh well, just make sure you keep it in mind for some other time! It really is an amazing game. (It also turns up in PC sales, GOG and Steam, *all the time*.)

Freeman76

Some great stuff here. I'm returning to Syndicate now, might as well get the season pass on the cheap. Is Ghost Recon Wildlands any fun as a singleplayer experience?

I have really enjoyed it as a single player game. Sure it gets a little samey at times but it has really solid mechanics and enough variety to keep my interest. I'm thinking about grabbing the dlc thats on sale actually

JP

An expensive couple of days for me, I bought Shadow Warrior 2 (£18.99), Outkast 2 (£15.49), RiME (£18.99) and Full Throttle Remastered (£7.99). Yesterday I bought 2064 ($7.99), Cosmic Star Heroine ($7.49) and Late Shift ($7.49) in the USA sale.

They're all games that I've been wanting though and I'm happy with what I paid.

Seeing The Surge is still expensive digitally considering I've seen it for £22 at a local game store. I'll give the demo a shot though. Heard positive things about the game itself.

GazzaGSi

It's there anything remotely similar compared to Until Dawn?

It doesn't need to be of the horror genre, but more along the lines of easy to play and no real penalty for failing.

Reason being is its the first game the wife has started and finished but mainly because of the ease of it. She failed some of the QTE's but it doesn't halt progression of the game so looking for something similar in that respect.

Is Murder Soul Suspect difficult? Wandering around picking clues up and solving some mild puzzles would be right up her street. Complex/Shooters is a no no.

TIA!

Toe-Knee

It doesn't need to be of the horror genre, but more along the lines of easy to play and no real penalty for failing.

Reason being is its the first game the wife has started and finished but mainly because of the ease of it. She failed some of the QTE's but it doesn't halt progression of the game so looking for something similar in that respect.

Is Murder Soul Suspect difficult? Wandering around picking clues up and solving some mild puzzles would be right up her street. Complex/Shooters is a no no.

TIA!

Heavy rain and beyond two souls play very similarly to until dawn.

I think they're both in the sale too.

Majmun

I still haven't played an AssCreed game.

Is IV a good one to begin with? 10euro seems like a good price.

TP-DK

TIA!

Maybe Life is Strange?

ecosse_011172

I won't play The Last Guardian till I get myself a Pro but can't resist getting it.
I'll also pick up Inside as Limbo was great.
Partly tempted by Mirror's Edge at 6.49, yay or nay?

EmiPrime

What VR games did you get? Tried any that are worth recommending?

I got Statik, Super Hypercube and Thumper. I probably won't be able to play them before the weekend but they're all highly rated. Polybius is on sale too right now and I highly recommend that as it's tied with Rez Infinite as my favourite VR game!

Pjsprojects

Jumped on NMS and one of the movie deals. Nearly went kor Dying light but already own it on pc and dont think it has a Pro patch.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got

Yakuza 0 (previous sale)
Thumper
UD: Rush of Blood

When I tried to buy on the web store, I got a failed CC transaction. It says 'failed payment €0' on my history list, but I got confirmation from my banking app. I tried again on PS4 and it worked, but I wonder if the first amount will end up on my card... I hope not.

theaface

TIA!

Life is Strange is a good suggestion.

Oxenfree. Great game, super easy to play and super cheap at the minute.

The Telltale games. In particular, Tales from the Borderlands, which you probably already have from PS+. I'm not a Borderlands fan and I LOVED it. Also fits the bill in terms of what you're looking for.

I won't play The Last Guardian till I get myself a Pro but can't resist getting it.
I'll also pick up Inside as Limbo was great.
Partly tempted by Mirror's Edge at 6.49, yay or nay?

Yay for sure.

Thinking about picking up the Shadow Warrior bundle, didn't enjoy the first one all the much, but i heard the second one is open world ish? Can anyone tell me more about that?

So Doom removed its Collector's Edition and Season Pass and added its content to the main game which is on sale now? Great deal. I hope they will soon update the game to support PS4 PRO like the XBox O X.
What about deal of the week? Did they announce something?

GazzaGSi

Life is Strange is a good suggestion.

Oxenfree. Great game, super easy to play and super cheap at the minute.

The Telltale games. In particular, Tales from the Borderlands, which you probably already have from PS+. I'm not a Borderlands fan and I LOVED it. Also fits the bill in terms of what you're looking for.

Great thanks. Completely forgot about the Telltale games, they'd be spot on for her.

Will check out Oxenfree as well, haven't heard of that.

Thanks

oni-link

Vita owners! If you haven't already? Get Muramasa rebirth: Complete edition.
The price offered almost feels like stealing! Great value for the money spent!

Feed your Vita NOW!

I have Muramasa, but is there anywhere someone has posted a list of all the Vita games and their prices? I keep seeing people comment on games here I can't see in the sale, and the blog post only seems to cover PS4 and PSVR games for some reason

How's the Uncharted game on PS Vita guys?

It's pretty much Uncharted on Vita but with completely pointless and sometimes mandatory Vita gimmicks. While playing, keep a phone with the flashlight feature nearby. You'll know why.

Motion aiming is godlike though, I don't know why Sony isn't doing this with PS4 games.

Ombala

Got The last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank
The Witness
Virginia
And Cosmic Star Heroine.

The sales on PSN are so good this gen.

Got Oxenfree to :)

Seijuro

It is a good price and it is a great game, especially if you don't suffer from series fatigue. Go for it.

How is The Evil within holding up? I remember hearing mixed things and mild reception when it released, but since then I heard more positive buzz around it?

xrnzaaas

It depends on your preferences. If you just like to play as a badass pirate captain and explore the seas singing shanties you couldn't choose any better. If you're more serious about catching up on the franchise it's best to begin with The Ezio Collection (after watching a recap video explaining what happened in AC1).

13ruce

Banned

Yes but if you plan on getting into the series don't miss out on Assassin creed 2 or the whole Ezio trilgy if it's cheap.

Assassin Creed 2 is basicly the series ocarina of time. Or well the most praised one still. But it is such an awesome game.

But yeah IV is pretty good imo nearly as great as 2 imo and for 10 bucks certainly worth it. The ship stuff added was awesome and it's basicly the best pirate game too still.

Top Bottom