• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(EU) WiiU Wind Waker Bundle (£249.99) + Wind Waker LE w/ Ganon figure (£59.99 @ GAME)

Dawg

dsc002753ek44.jpg

dsc00282vzkas.jpg

dsc00287wtj7k.jpg

Full article on our site: http://wiiu.4gamers.be/specials/30555/1/4Gamers-pakt-uit-The-Wind-Waker-HD-Limited-Edition

Got it today, thank god for early releases :D

Ebay prices are aroud €100, despite some shops still selling it at €70. How stupid are some people?

Maybe some of the buyers are international and it doesn't ship to their country? Maybe additional shipping costs through the retailers make it prohibitive and it ends up being cheaper to go through eBay?

Picking up my Wii U bundle at lunch time.

Can anyone give me a good reason to keep the download code? I'm currently 40/60 towards selling it and getting a physical copy, but really need to make up my damn mind before I go to the shops.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Mine shipped from Amazon yesterday.
I've seen both the LE and the bundle in a local Gamestop: they are great!!! can't wait

Can anyone give me a good reason to keep the download code? I'm currently 40/60 towards selling it and getting a physical copy, but really need to make up my damn mind before I go to the shops.

I sold mine because I'd rather have the physical copy with the statue. Even if I couldn't get the statue, Wind Waker doesn't seem like the kind of game I need to keep on my system memory for a quick go, unlike Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Furthermore Nintendo's account system makes me wary of buying digital when physical is available. Finally, if you like to sell your games, you can't do that with the digital version, though I don't sell my games so this was moot for me.

I never sell my games either... last Time I did was with my N64, and I had mad sellers remorse afterwards.

Looks like I may just have to offer up my code then.

Went to the front door at 8am (UK) to find a 'we missed you' Royal Mail card in the slot. No doorbell or knock on the door! Gah, so annoying. So mine would have arrived from GAME today, had RM actually tried to deliver it rather than performing a card 'n' dash. Ah well, I'll pick it up tomorrow morning, no big loss.

Went to the front door at 8am (UK) to find a 'we missed you' Royal Mail card in the slot. No doorbell or knock on the door! Gah, so annoying. So mine would have arrived from GAME today, had RM actually tried to deliver it rather than performing a card 'n' dash. Ah well, I'll pick it up tomorrow morning, no big loss.

I hate when that happens. If you have an idea of the route, you may still catch the postman, although chances are they never had it with them to begin with and simply filled out a card at the depot (sans time) to save them having to lug the package around.

Shiggy

Maybe some of the buyers are international and it doesn't ship to their country? Maybe additional shipping costs through the retailers make it prohibitive and it ends up being cheaper to go through eBay?

If shipping wasn't free and the Ebay sellers were shipping outside of Germany, those would be valid points. Both don't apply though, so it's kinda funny to observe.

I hate when that happens. If you have an idea of the route, you may still catch the postman, although chances are they never had it with them to begin with and simply filled out a card at the depot (sans time) to save them having to lug the package around.

Yeah, I think it's a widely reported thing - I've just never had it happen to me until today. Of more surprise to me is that it was Royal Mail, as Game have previously always delivered bulky items to me using DPD (or likewise). Ho hum. I'll just pop up the depot in the morning and get started on WW over a nice cuppa :)

K444WSR

I'm hoping my copy is waiting for me when I get home from work.... But reading this has got me a little worried. Guess I'll find out in a couple of hours.

meppi

Fantastic. Got an email last night that my LE copy had shipped and I should have it today.
Now as I wake up, I have another email sitting there telling me that the postal service in my district is on strike and my package will not arrive today.

Not the first time. Bunch of assholes. :mad:

L~A

Ugh, the figurine looks really great. Wish they had a SKU with a digital copy instead, would've went with this instead of the eShop version then.

Rizsparky

Keep it, the game is only 1.7GB, I love being able to switch out of NSMBU and WWHD without even getting off my sofa.

Mohonky

Americans complaining about the glass dome I can sort of understand, but we didnt get fucking shit in Australia. No figure at all.

Fuck you Nintendo of Australia.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
It looks plastic to me, the dome! You can see a little molding nub on top looks like. Also I think the NA base is cooler.

The_Lump

Banned
Yeah the dome is plastic (who thought it was glass?!)

Mine arrived this lunchtime. Pre-ordered from GAME with free delivery to the channel islands, so wasn't expecting it before the weekend :D But.....Starting an engineering degree tomorrow, not sure that's the best timing :(

Okay, so a follow up to my card 'n' dash by Royal Mail in the UK. I took it upon myself to drive over to the local sorting office near closing time, on the offchance that if it was actually on the van when they 'attempted' delivery (by not ringing my doorbell or knocking on the door), it would have had plenty of time to return back to the depot. Surprise surprise, it was sat there on the shelf behind the counter. However, the keen-eyed guy working the counter said "you've got two parcels here, but the card only says one? Oh Well!" and handed over the two identical boxes, which obviously were...

9PwecYQ.jpg

I've yet to check if GAME have charged me twice, I'm just grateful to at least have the one I ordered in the first place. There's no way I'm going through a customer service fiasco if they did, and I already have a friend buying the spare at face value, so I'll not lose out. I'll rarely go with ordering from GAME for anything these days, but Nintendo seem to doggedly stick with them for retailer exclusives so I've no choice but to lump it. Urgh, it shouldn't be this difficult to buy nice things, right?

Picked up my WW console bundle at lunchtime (along with NSMBU, Pikmin 3, W101 and ZombiU).

20mins left till I get to go home and fiddle with it. I have the house to myself this evening as my GF is off boozing with friends, so I'm in for a night of Nintendo and pizza.

BLISS!

javac

My copy arrived today. The figure is heavier than I expected. Really nice packaging all together. My brother is hogging the TV so I'll have to play later :(

Shiggy

None of my copies arrived today, but I ordered at online shops which will send it to their retail locations for me to pick it up. Hope that they won't get cancelled.

Peagles

Looks like this is now sold out at Game? One of my orders there (the cheapest one with the best discount voucher) is still saying "unshipped". I wonder if they will cancel on me now it's out of stock. Typical!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Tried to buy a Wii U today at Game in Camden, all sold out. According to the guy they got 12 WW bundles and sold them all.

Tak3n

Banned
Looks like this is now sold out at Game? One of my orders there (the cheapest one with the best discount voucher) is still saying "unshipped". I wonder if they will cancel on me now it's out of stock. Typical!

check instore, my local had about 8 in stock, bit gutted I returned my spare as I thought Nintendo had pumped a load more out as Ebay prices fell down to about a tenner over RRP

Teach me to be so impatient

javac

Play on the gamepad? :D

I don't know...I like the option and for some games I don't mind. Like NSMB U I pretty much completed 100% on the pad. But for a game this beautiful I always feel like I need to play it on the TV. Weird I know. Games look perfectly fine on the pad but playing on the big TV while my brother watches and me bragging about how awesome it looks and sounds while he nods is fun I guess :p

Mine came over the weekend but the plastic dome has a quite big V shaped scratch on it. Kind of disappointed.
Hoping game will let me just let me swap the dome but might be out of luck if they are out of stock.
Anyone else's plastic dome scratched? It was packed pretty well too.

The_Lump

Banned
Mine came over the weekend but the plastic dome has a quite big V shaped scratch on it. Kind of disappointed.
Hoping game will let me just let me swap the dome but might be out of luck if they are out of stock.
Anyone else's plastic dome scratched? It was packed pretty well too.

Yeah mine is scuffed up a bit and has a tiny crack at the bottom (where it connects to the base). Was very well packaged too so must be a manufacturing flaw? Still awesome though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bit of a scuff on mine if you look closely. I just made sure to have the clean side to the front.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I've just received it.
It freaking gorgeous...if I think that I paid 60€ for it when normally this is the price of a normal PS3 game at my local GS, I can't believe it.
The figure is big and really well done, the pack is great...I'm happy

Peagles

check instore, my local had about 8 in stock, bit gutted I returned my spare as I thought Nintendo had pumped a load more out as Ebay prices fell down to about a tenner over RRP

Teach me to be so impatient

I'm in New Zealand and it's not coming out here, so I'm just ordering online from Game. However their CS told me it'd be shipping soon so that's cool I guess.

Link83

Received my limited edition this weekend, and unpacked it only to find that my copy has the corner and sides smashed in :( GAME had only packaged it with bubble pockets on two sides of the box, and mine appears to have been dropped/squashed on the sides that were unprotected. Has this happened to anyone else?

I contacted GAME and they replied today saying that its 'out of stock' so they cant offer me a replacement and I can only return it for a refund.

Really annoyed about this...I dont usually shop at GAME for exactly this sort of reason, but I had no choice with this as it was retailer exclusive.

Tusk

I'm so jealous of the EU box and figure. :p Majorly jealous of those with figures in good condition.
My figure has a bunch of scratch marks and stuff on it, and well, you know.. NA doesn't get the dome with it.
Game is so much fun though. Happy I managed to get this from gamestop.

Shiggy

The shop in my neighborhood apparently just got 2 copies and sold both of them on day 1. Nonetheless, another retailer had some more in their online store today so I ordered two more over there. They either released really just a few or demand is really high.

The shop in my neighborhood apparently just got 2 copies and sold both of them on day 1. Nonetheless, another retailer had some more in their online store today so I ordered two more over there. They either released really just a few or demand is really high.

Can order from Nintendo's own store:
http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-wii-u/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-with-figurine-limited/10848319.html
Free next day delivery as well, I recall seeing.

Edit: Mine's got fingerprint marks at places =/, but expected.

Top Bottom