• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: NX = portable w/ carts, detachable controllers, Tegra, TV Out, no BC, Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie

Heres my opinion/speculation of how it'll work.

The system is the handheld. The dock is just a dock, no special thing to make it more powerful because that'd just be pointlessly adding to the cost and Nintendo doesn't really care from what I've seen. Which is fine with me. The cheaper it is, the more games I can buy at launch! Bring on that X1!

People aren't trying to say that the dock will have special hardware to make it faster (well outside of one or two maybe). The handheld running faster in the dock would purely be down to the fact is could provide the system with more wattage and help cool it. Therefore while it might be limited to say 500mhz in mobile mode (which x1 would be due to its power usage) it could then run at full 1Ghz in the dock.

TLZ

Banned
It doesn't matter if it fits your personal definition or not, it obviously tries to target both markets.

It doesn't matter if it fits your definition. Eurogamer and IGN have both said it's just a tv out. No other info to support otherwise.

I thought your lovely Trev knows everything and has the best sources. Better than Eurogamer, IGN, Kotaku, MCV and WSJ together.

Trev hasn't denied what they said. He's just said he believes the tegra might be for the handheld.

Trev has also never said he knows better than anyone. He's gathered information from multiple good sources to form a cohesive opinion, which anyone can agree or disagree to.

And "your lovely Trev"? Is this what you resort to in real life when you don't agree with people? How mature.

Neoxon

So? Is he supposed to know everything now? He was able to get a contact for that info. Now he's using his "power" to make people think he knows things when he doesn't know. He's just mad because he doesn't want a handheld and wants a "powerful console".
That's my point. Even those who were once reliable can fall from grace.

The_Lump

Banned
The bit that has me stumped from a design perspective is the detachable controllers. I just can't see a way to do this without the control inputs being completely different between detached ("two player") and attached ("one player") set ups. Sounds like a ball-ache for your average game designer unless they are building a new game around that concept.

My conclusion is that the "two player" portable configuration will really end up just being a bit of a novelty, and that the real party trick will be in connecting the two controllers back together (separated from the screen) to form one decent controller to enjoy some single player, full on console action, but on the go*. Perhaps the screen section has a kick stand as other mock ups have depicted.

NX is definitely going to be called Nintendo GO.

TLZ

Banned
Yes the same guy who got a good source and blow it because he wouldn't listen to anybody telling him to be careful what he posts and instead posted the marketing costs that were in no way relevant for the leak. That well reasoned guy, yes.

He's apparently got the OK from his source according to him. How does this affect his credibility?

Donnie

The 3DS as it is now already has shit battery life. Can it really get much worse? (probably...)

Well if NX is bigger (if its going to have a large screen it'll have to be) it can have a bigger battery. Also no reason it should have to draw much more power than 3DS anyway. After all 3DS already draws around 4.5w AFAIR.

The_Lump

Banned
He's apparently got the OK from his source according to him. How does this affect his credibility?

Because his latest video is really just speculation on his part.

Having a good source for one piece of info does not somehow validate everything you say as factual from then on. Unless he's saying (and can prove) he has a source for any new info, it's just speculation, the same as any one of us can offer.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
vxQNibs.jpg

Beautiful mockup, but this thing seems uncomfortable as fuck.
Analog sticks and dpad/buttons CAN'T ABSOLUTELY BE lined-up.

Look at wiiu pad:

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It doesn't matter if it fits your definition. Eurogamer and IGN have both said it's just a tv out. No other info to support otherwise.

You're wrong. IGN indeed assumes it's just a TV out, but Eurogamer doesn't say that:

A base unit, or dock station, is used to connect the brain of the NX - within the controller - to display on your TV.

That says nothing about what else the dock includes.

But it doesn't even matter if the dock has just a TV out. I don't care if you think it can't be called a hybrid, that's not the point. Call it a handheld with a dock. The point (which you nicely avoided) is that having a dock with TV out means it's targeted towards both console and handheld market.

Trev hasn't denied what they said. He's just said he believes the tegra might be for the handheld.

Trev has also never said he knows better than anyone. He's gathered information from multiple good sources to form a cohesive opinion, which anyone can agree or disagree to.

I know what Trev says since some months. I saw Trev's reactions to Eurogamer article on twitter. I saw his twitter exchange with Emily. I saw how he reacted before to similar info.

He has no good source for NX. He admitted several times that this is all his speculation and not some "leak". If you follow him, you should already know that. If not, ask him if this supposed second device, a home console is a info from sources.

Polaris based NX is practically his fantasy. Which kind of turned into an obsession at some point.

Getting OK from his source is not an excuse to make something dumb and jeopardise the source. One should think with one's brain.

TLZ

Banned
Because his latest video is really just speculation on his part.

Having a good source for one piece of info does not somehow validate everything you say as factual from then on. Unless he's saying (and can prove) he has a source for any new info, it's just speculation, the same as any one of us can offer.

But of course it's speculation. It's his own speculation and opinion based on what he's gathered. He's never said it was fact and always clearly states it's just his opinion.

Sadly this is how being "in the know" works. You are praised when you give sourced information. The moment something is wrong they turn on you like a pack of wolves. Better to never get involved even if you have insider info. Just let it be and wait on the company to reveal the information. Learned this the hard way.

The only record we have of him is that report leak which was proved correct. From then on he hasn't claimed anything as fact and all just his opinion. I really don't get the hate :/

If he was acting snobby claiming everything he says as fact I'd understand, but it isn't the case.

Guerrilla

I get the desire for the device to have a small form factor and I agree, but no one is putting a handheld in their pocket any more. Heck, I'm surprised that anyone ever did. The only one small enough was the GBA Micro.

Well, I thought the regualar DS could still be pocketed fine, unless you are wearing super tight skinny jeans, and the 3DS XL coul at least be pocketed for short time frames, while uncomfortable, you could quickly put it in your front pocket when changing trains or something. With a Wiiu Gamepad form factor, I would have to put that thing in a backpack every time. It will seriously influence my decision of taking it on the go or not. For me this will probably just be an at home thing. Or maybe something I put in my suitcase for the hotel on a business trip.

I'll still buy it though ofc ;)

G.ZZZ

Honestly the worst part to me is the design of the controllers. I can't think of a way to have good detachable controllers on a 6" or so screen. If it was only one controller, it'd be relatively easy (see Starfox cartoon) but 2? It seems so complicated for size, shoulder buttons etc...

And no , touchscreen buttons aren't doable on controllers. It's doable for phones cause you look at them all the time so you have the buttons constantly in your field of vision, but when you have to hold a thing like a controller it become just unfesable.

Mr Swine

Banned
I don't think there will be any detachable controllers. It will make the handheld far to easy to damage the ports it's attached on. I rather think that they mean that you can attach additional controllers on the back of the handheld to take it with

watershed

Banned
Honestly the worst part to me is the design of the controllers. I can't think of a way to have good detachable controllers on a 6" or so screen. If it was only one controller, it'd be relatively easy (see Starfox cartoon) but 2? It seems so complicated for size, shoulder buttons etc...

And no , touchscreen buttons aren't doable on controllers. It's doable for phones cause you look at them all the time so you have the buttons constantly in your field of vision, but when you have to hold a thing like a controller it become just unfesable.

I wonder about the controllers overall. Even when attached to the screen, I wonder if they are large like the gamepad which tries to be comfortable (but fails imo) or starved for space and a little too flat and rigid like the 3dsXL lower half.

If this is going to be a portable with a big screen (which it needs) then Nintendo better nail the usability and comfort of the controller(s).

Oregano

They're probably just be like the Wiimote. Face buttons/dpad, analog stick and shoulder button(s). Not full dual analog controllers.

G.ZZZ

I don't think there will be any detachable controllers. It will make the handheld far to easy to damage the ports it's attached on. I rather think that they mean that you can attach additional controllers on the back of the handheld to take it with

This doesn't work either because then you wouldn't be able to play on the go with it and would need a base to place your screen all the time. Which is something that is possible, but unlikely. If commuting on trains players are a big part of what nintendo is targeting in japan, this isn't doable. They need something that you can hold and play with just two hands.

Thank goodness im not alone. Seriously why arent more people thinking this way.

Doing the 2 controller thing is a funky Nintendo way to innovate but they wont innovate at the expense of functionality and reliability.

You guys are going to want third party games.. how can you even play a fps comfortably with some 2 controller thing with slide pads?! It wont feel good and wont be an idea control scheme. Dont come at me with gyro scope either. Only splatoon can do that as it was designed around it. 3rd party developers aint gonna waste they time.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
There's a new Eurogamer article, an opinion piece this time, who sums up pretty nicely what's happening:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-28-nx-is-different-and-different-is-nintendos-best-option

The fantasies of Nintendo fans of a certain inclination - and, probably by this point, a certain age - are dashed. Third-party publishers are not going to flock to this console; with its atypical specs and design and demographic, it's just too much effort to tailor to. Mario's makers are not going to slug it out with rival businesses in the toe-to-toe, gladiatorial manner that the gaming community (and press, it's fair to say) has had an obsession with ever since Nintendo's myth-making clash with Sega in the 1990s. And we are not going to see Nintendo's brilliant software rendered by the latest and greatest graphics technology. That last one is a genuinely poignant loss, especially to those who remember the last time Nintendo spent any time on the technological cutting edge - the Nintendo 64 era - and the eye-popping, mind-expanding games that resulted.

Necessity is the mother of invention, and for all its apparent wackiness, NX is a child of necessity. It sounds disruptive, but it's actually cautiously strategic: a rearguard action on two fronts. Taking a historical view, Nintendo's success in home consoles is unpredictable, while its success in handheld consoles is dependable, but on the wane. As the firm strives to keep its hardware offering alive, it makes perfect sense to roll these two parts of the business into one, leaning heavily on its cast-iron grip on the portable market. The appeal to customers is there - our sources say that "your games on the go" is the straightforward marketing pitch - but it's NX's appeal to the business itself that really stands out. Imagine the efficiency savings! Imagine what Nintendo's justly famed studios can do when they only one have console to support! (Although Nintendo's simultaneous entry into the wilds of smartphone gaming pops this argument's balloon somewhat: one out, one in.)

This here is the very reason there won't be some magic home console coming any time soon. It goes against the whole philosophy of unifying development and make Nintendo more efficient.

NX isn't just bean-counting, though; it speaks to Nintendo's very soul. The company has been trying, and usually failing, to synthesise handheld and TV gaming ever since the Link Cable for GameCube and Game Boy Advance. There's something about gaming as a tactile experience, in your hands, that has seemed philosophically important to Nintendo's designers ever since the days of Game & Watch. It must come as a huge relief to them that mobile technology is finally good enough that they don't have to choose any more.

It doesn't really matter. NX is Nintendo's only realistic option. Doubling down on pure handhelds can only lead to diminishing returns at best. Competing with Sony and Microsoft would be even less likely to yield success, and more to the point, it would be pointless. The best route to graphically shiny Nintendo games delivered in a conventional format is for Nintendo to exit hardware altogether and become a third-party developer, addressing the biggest possible audience. If that is what the world really wants, then NX will fail and that is what it shall have.

That outcome would hardly be a tragedy. But I'm hoping NX will succeed, because I love the magic that happens, which you can only find as strongly in Apple's products as in Nintendo's, when hardware and software are made by the same people with the same purpose. And I'm delighted that Nintendo has taken this course, because as uncertain of success as it is, it is absolutely the best and only way for Nintendo to keep that dream alive.

TLZ

Banned
You're wrong. IGN indeed assumes it's just a TV out, but Eurogamer doesn't say that:

That says nothing about what else the dock includes.

But it doesn't even matter if the dock has just a TV out. I don't care if you think it can't be called a hybrid, that's not the point. Call it a handheld with a dock. The point (which you nicely avoided) is that having a dock with TV out means it's targeted towards both console and handheld market.

How am I wrong though? You've just proved my point that we have no info about the dock apart from it being a tv out.

This is IGN too:

According to Eurogamer, the central processing will be handled in the handheld itself, with a TV docking station - into which the console can be plugged - seemingly providing only an external display and not the extra processing power that's been rumoured for some time.

We can't assume otherwise. We can just speculate.

I haven't really avoided the hybrid part. It is because we have no further info this Eurogamer rumor is nothing more than just a handheld and a tv out, that I believe it's just that and not a hybrid that also replaces the home console as well. We don't really have further proof to support the hybrid at this point. All rumor. If that's the case the PSP would've been the same. Every official Nintendo info we have has denied anything hybrid as well. So why should I believe this replaces the home console based on all that? I'll wait for more facts before I go down that road. So far, I'm going with what Nintendo's saying and the usual home console release.

Anyway let's just leave it here. I will anyway.

G.ZZZ

They're probably just be like the Wiimote. Face buttons/dpad, analog stick and shoulder button(s). Not full dual analog controllers.

The wiimote is huge dude. Take a 6" phone and look at how tall is it in landscape mode. Now imagine having to place two controllers on the side of it that aren't taller than it. We're talking about 2" long controller which are completely unfeasible to play with.

At the "side" make no sense to me. Unless you're talking 10" screen size. Something that attach on the lower side make much more sense, sort of like a gameboy or the dreamcast controller , with the screen in the central part. But then you have two strangely shaped controllers if they are actually detachable.

Another possibility is that the controllers are two on the long sides, at which point a 6" screen is perfectly fine in terms of lenght. But then you'd always play with only 1 controller attached, not two, because who the **** would play in portrait mode?

Ignoring all of this, there's still the mechanic of having to attach and detach controllers constantly. I can't imagine something like that that doesn't feel like shit and break easily.

I don't understand how people can complain about "graphics" for the NX not being like the PS4 when we're talking about a handheld doing such great graphics like we believe it will already do.

There are some people for whom the NX would essentially be a console because they would never remove it from the dock.

People aren't trying to say that the dock will have special hardware to make it faster (well outside of one or two maybe). The handheld running faster in the dock would purely be down to the fact is could provide the system with more wattage and help cool it. Therefore while it might be limited to say 500mhz in mobile mode (which x1 would be due to its power usage) it could then run at full 1Ghz in the dock.

There are plenty of people on GAF speculating that the dock will be an expensive external computing device.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
How am I wrong though? You've just proved my point that we have no info about the dock apart from it being a tv out.

This is IGN too:

We can't assume otherwise. We can just speculate.

I haven't really avoided the hybrid part. It is because we have no further info this Eurogamer rumor is nothing more than just a handheld and a tv out, that I believe it's just that and not a hybrid that also replaces the home console as well. We don't really have further proof to support the hybrid at this point. All rumor. If that's the case the PSP would've been the same. Every official Nintendo info we have has denied anything hybrid as well. So why should I believe this replaces the home console based on all that? I'll wait for more facts before I go down that road. So far, I'm going with what Nintendo's saying and the usual home console release.

There is no need for a dock if it doesn't target the console market. It's not that complicated to understand.

Edit: read the opinion piece from Eurogamer, they're convinced it's designed to address both markets.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
That's the best design for a portable console with a quite comfortable and classic controller:
You only have to copy it and sell it with a dock/extra-controller, Nintendo.

The 2 removable controllers seem a lot like a bad idea to me.

AzaK

The 3DS as it is now already has shit battery life. Can it really get much worse? (probably...)

The 3DS as it is now is shit all around. Battery, screen, games, online system, everything. I have owned a DS, DS Lite and 3DS. All are pieces of shit full numerous throwaway games at US$40 a pop. It's quite a joke really and a game machine for the naive who don't know better.

Will be interesting to see how the NX handheld holds up. Gotta think it's at leat capacitive. I mean it's about 10 years after capacitive screens are mainstream so maybe it's time for Nintendo to use them.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Considering MCV info that NX will be cheaper than most think, I think it's safest to assume there's no additional power in the dock itself.

The 3DS as it is now is shit all around. Battery, screen, games, online system, everything. I have owned a DS, DS Lite and 3DS. All are pieces of shit full numerous throwaway games at US$40 a pop. It's quite a joke really and a game machine for the naive who don't know better.

Will be interesting to see how the NX handheld holds up. Gotta think it's at leat capacitive. I mean it's about 10 years after capacitive screens are mainstream so maybe it's time for Nintendo to use them.
What? lol

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There's a new Eurogamer article, an opinion piece this time, who sums up pretty nicely what's happening:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-28-nx-is-different-and-different-is-nintendos-best-option

This here is the very reason there won't be some magic home console coming any time soon. It goes against the whole philosophy of unifying development and make Nintendo more efficient.

Oh wow, the article uses Pitree's mockup as well. Someone warn him, he's famous now!

Jackano

Just gave a thought about the detachable controller parts which is (was) the most bizarre piece of intel we got IMO.

Also think about this when making a mockup: I think it is possible NX hybrid SKU includes a spare controller body which you use to transform your detachable parts into a pro controller, while the rest (screen/processing unit/battery/cart port) is docking.

The thing that doesn't makes sense otherwise is what happen when you need to detach those parts?
How are they powered and what is going to dock?
And is this really portable if you can't charge your stuff when at home and docking?

My answer is that the spare controller body can be the missing piece, resolving at least a couple of problems: The power supply of the controller parts mostly, and the pro controller design (just look at the horrible mockups thread).
Also look at all the shit included the Wii/Wii U/Ambassadors new 3DS SKUs. Nintendo loves its pieces of plastic.
Another plastic nub that includes a battery isn't out of question to me. Since it only has to power a bluetooth controller, it can be cheap as the required autonomy isn't on par with what was needed for the gamepad for example.

Sandfox

This is certainly an opinion lol.

As many of us said when the hybrid theories were being shot down en masse "because Iwata said", it all depends on how you define "hybrid".

In its purest sense, it means combining different elements from two separate things, and in that sense this conforms to that. If, indeed, this info represents what the NX is, then the NX is a hybrid system. No amount of mental gymnastics to contort the argument will change that. It isn't just a TV out, as with the dock system and the detachable controllers, it's aiming to replicate the home console experience fully; it'll be used equally as a stationary device as a handheld.

As many of us said when the hybrid theories were being shot down en masse "because Iwata said", it all depends on how you define "hybrid".

In its purest sense, it means combining different elements from two separate things, and in that sense this conforms to that. If, indeed, this info represents what the NX is, then the NX is a hybrid system. No amount of mental gymnastics to contort the argument will change that. It isn't just a TV out, as with the dock system and the detachable controllers, it's aiming to replicate the home console experience fully; it'll be used equally as a stationary device as a handheld.
Correct

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Spot on. Its scope is to target both markets.

The_Lump

Banned
Spot on. Its scope is to target both markets.

Absolutely. No idea why people get so hung up on semantics. If the EG info is indeed correct (seems 98% certain now), then it's a hybrid.

And more to the point it is without doubt a hybrid of Nintendo's development platforms and that was always going to be the case.

AzaK

What? lol

I realise lots of people liked it, but honestly, it was so disappointing I can't think of any other consumer electronic purchase I've made in the last 30 years that was worse. I think, over all 3 of those "ds" machines I have owned, I have played about 6 games and enjoyed 3 of them.

The graphics have always been shit. The resistive touch screen was a complete joke. Nintendo's online was absolutely terrible.

It was full of phone style games at about 10x the cost (Pushmo) and terrible versions of really nice games (Like zeldas).

I realise there's lots of people out there who are happy with shitty tech and throwaway games they pay US$40 for but that's not my thing.

Krowley

Precisely. If lots of people who buy it are playing it on their TVs a significant portion of the time, that makes it different than traditional handhelds. It's all in how it is used.

I'll be buying this to play the new Zelda, and the next big 3d mario, and the next big 3d metroid (hopefully). And I expect to spend most of my time playing them on my TV, So, for me, it will be a console more than a handheld. Someone else may use it mostly as a replacement for their 3DS and only occasionally plug it into the TV. For them, it will be more of a handheld. That's the definition of a "hybrid" machine,.

I'm not sure why people are having trouble with the term. .

ADvOtKs.gif

What a great article!

I think this cleared my head and made me see the reasoning and hope in this hybrid decision.

Just make it ergonomic and not too ugly :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What if I told you that this was the same guy who leaked the entire Wii U/3DS schedule for 2016 (at least as of early this year before Zelda got pushed back).

Getting one thing right doesn't mean you get everything right. Must I remind you of the Gematsu Smash leaks?

Oregano

The wiimote is huge dude. Take a 6" phone and look at how tall is it in landscape mode. Now imagine having to place two controllers on the side of it that aren't taller than it. We're talking about 2" long controller which are completely unfeasible to play with.

At the "side" make no sense to me. Unless you're talking 10" screen size. Something that attach on the lower side make much more sense, sort of like a gameboy or the dreamcast controller , with the screen in the central part. But then you have two strangely shaped controllers if they are actually detachable.

Another possibility is that the controllers are two on the long sides, at which point a 6" screen is perfectly fine in terms of lenght. But then you'd always play with only 1 controller attached, not two, because who the **** would play in portrait mode?

Ignoring all of this, there's still the mechanic of having to attach and detach controllers constantly. I can't imagine something like that that doesn't feel like shit and break easily.

The Wiimote was bigger by design, you could easily have a similar design a few inches shorter. In fact there's a lot of mock ups showing just how easy it would be.

I don't see why it would be too breakable either. It wouldn't have to physically connect internally. It could communicate be IR or Bluetooth like the Circle Pad Pro or any number of mobile controllers.

I don't think it's nearly as problematic as you're making it seem although Nintendo's execution remains to be seen.

Edit: On the new Eurogamer article: I don't think it's correct to say definitively that third parties won't flock to NX. Japanese third parties should be all over it and Western third parties could probably easily port mobile and less intensive games to it.

It's really just AAA stuff that it will miss but third party content encompasses so much more.

TLZ

Banned
There is no need for a dock if it doesn't target the console market. It's not that complicated to understand.

Edit: read the opinion piece from Eurogamer, they're convinced it's designed to address both markets.

I just did.

Well the dock is needed for TV gaming. Other ways would be a tv out straight from handheld, which wouldn't look good in this day having an hdmi cable hanging out the handheld all the way to the TV, or an hdmi dongle like the chromecast, which I'd be happy with, but don't know if many people would want to game on TV with the handheld instead of a traditional controller since a lot complained about the Wii U gamepad.

If the NX really turns out to be just the one device for all, then it better output at least 1080p (well for me to be interested), otherwise I'd feel it's a step backwards from the Wii U.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to ask you this: If the Nintendo is targeting the home console consumers with the handheld NX as well, what do you think of having the tablet/portable sitting in the dock 24/7? You know, since this is what millions of Nintendo home console consumers would do. Wouldn't it render the screen useless and a waste of resource?

G.ZZZ

The Wiimote was bigger by design, you could easily have a similar design a few inches shorter. In fact there's a lot of mock ups showing just how easy it would be.

I don't see why it would be too breakable either. It wouldn't have to physically connect internally. It could communicate be IR or Bluetooth like the Circle Pad Pro or any number of mobile controllers.

I don't think it's nearly as problematic as you're making it seem although Nintendo's execution remains to be seen.

Edit: On the new Eurogamer article: I don't think it's correct to say definitively that third parties won't flock to NX. Japanese third parties should be all over it and Western third parties could probably easily port mobile and less intensive games to it.

It's really just AAA stuff that it will miss but third party content encompasses so much more.

If it's not problematic, i still haven't seen a single mockup that doesn't have:

- ridicolously tiny controllers
- a basic concept of center of mass and why having a controller in your hand outside of the center of mass is a terrible, terrible idea.

Happy to be proven wrong though. As i said, i can see it with one controller, but two at each side just seems something out of shitty chinese ripoffs.

I realise lots of people liked it, but honestly, it was so disappointing I can't think of any other consumer electronic purchase I've made in the last 30 years that was worse. I think, over all 3 of those "ds" machines I have owned, I have played about 6 games and enjoyed 3 of them.

The graphics have always been shit. The resistive touch screen was a complete joke. Nintendo's online was absolutely terrible.

It was full of phone style games at about 10x the cost (Pushmo) and terrible versions of really nice games (Like zeldas).

I realise there's lots of people out there who are happy with shitty tech and throwaway games they pay US$40 for but that's not my thing.
You are the real joke azak. I dont care for your complaint about the hardware. But the games were fine. Jesus Christ

Lutherian

SolatoRobo, Mario Kart 7, Final Fantasy III / IV, three very good looking 3D games on DS.

Tratorn

For me it's more like a HH/Smartphone hybrid for now. I bet you can hold it just like a smartphone when detaching the controllers, that's how you can play the mobile games as well. TV-Out isn't something that makes it a console. The only difference between earlier HHs/Smartphones/Tablets with TV-Out and NX seems to be the multiple controller support (at least for now, until we maybe get additional information that isn't speculation). Some may see this enough to call it a hh/console-hybrid, others not.

Btw. I still think there is a possibilty for a "home console" without additional development resources: An enhanced Vita TV. It'll be even cheaper than the HH, but this time all games will be playable on it (because of the same button/design layout on NX-HH and the controllers), while on Vita TV the game library was really limited). It'll cater to the audience that doesn't need the mobility and want to save some money.
But that still won't of course please the audience that want a console from Nintendo with much better specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom