• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Club Nintendo: digital rewards now available

These prices
cBj1LTf.png
Feels like even that tacky Mario hat is better value than most of the games

Yep. Absolutely absurd.

Nezzhil

I registered all my codes, my free Pikmin 3 (from Mario Kart's promo) and Shovel Knight to win 8200 stars. Exactly, the stars needed for the two NES Remixes :D (I wanted the NES Remix 1+2 bundle like USA, but this is better than nothing).

Pullblox, I'm sorry, but you will need to wait a bit more.

Chastten

Banned

Awesome, talk about great timing!

I got a little over 3000 points from friends last week and today I got another 2500 points from a friend as a 'thank you' for doing some cosplay shoots with her recently. Now to decide what to get.

I'm planning on buying Mario Kart 8 next month so that DLC is a given, as for the rest.. not sure yet. A Link to the Past, Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid and Mario & Luigi seem like pretty good value and I never actually finished any of those, so I'll probably pick 2 of those.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The available selection of DS games is really not that great :/ I have like 1400 points and I rather would wait for physical stuff I'd never use than any of those.

Disappointing.

Bazry

This is probably known to others, but I have both digital and boxed versions of Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and W101. I just assumed that the codes wouldn't work on my account because the games will have already been registered as the digital version, but tried all 3 and they all worked

TheMoon

I'm planning on buying Mario Kart 8 next month so that DLC is a given, as for the rest.. not sure yet. A Link to the Past, Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid and Mario & Luigi seem like pretty good value and I never actually finished any of those, so I'll probably pick 2 of those.

Don't cash in the MK8 DLC on CN!!! It's a waste of stars! CN only has the first pack on offer and you're gonna wanna buy the complete pack anyway. Just shell out those £11.00 / €12.00 for the DLC bundle and use your stars for something else.

The available selection of DS games is really not that great :/ I have like 1400 points and I rather would wait for physical stuff I'd never use than any of those.

Disappointing.

There are 0 DS games on the eShop anyway. What did you expect to get here?

Chastten

Banned
Don't cash in the MK8 DLC on CN!!! It's a waste of stars! CN only has the first pack on offer and you're gonna wanna buy the complete pack anyway. Just shell out those £11.00 / €12.00 for the DLC bundle and use your stars for something else.

It's only the first pack? Ah, that's a shame.

Might get an extra game instead then. Buying both packs gives you some discount compared to buying them seperately, right?

TheMoon

It's only the first pack? Ah, that's a shame.

Might get an extra game instead then. Buying both packs gives you some discount compared to buying them seperately, right?

Bundle = 12 EUR
solo DLC = 8 EUR (x2)

meaning nobody should ever not buy the bundle right away.

So wait, is there a chance that the Minish Cap code will still work on the 3DS or not? I would love to have it on my new 3DS but playing GBA games on the Wii U is kinda eh :/

And I gave my code to a friend who's never been an Ambassador (I checked) and it worked on her 3DS :)

Was that before or after the game was pulled for a day? :eek:

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
There are 0 DS games on the eShop anyway. What did you expect to get here?

Ah, my fault - I meant 'downloadable games for the 3DS", which would be a rather small selection of Game Boy games. I'm fine with GB, just have most of those games anyway (and don't see the value of most of them) I guess.

Eh, did the code ever work on 3DS?

That one guy had an ambassador 3DS without knowing.
No, I can definitely confirm they were giving a 3DS code for Minish Cap in the first hours. I never had an OG 3DS, never was an ambassador, don't own a WiiU and after reading this thread, I purchased Minish Cap and used the code on my N3DS and I now have a N3DS with a single ambassador game on it.

So yes, it's unequivocal: they have fixed that but for a while, NOE were offering to purchase codes for an ambassador GBA game on 3DS. Hence my reaction a few pages back that in light of this, it wouldn't hurt to actually start selling them on the eshop.

AdamisFox

So wait, is there a chance that the Minish Cap code will still work on the 3DS or not? I would love to have it on my new 3DS but playing GBA games on the Wii U is kinda eh :/

Was that before or after the game was pulled for a day? :eek:

She downloaded the game on Friday.

Kain

Well, I just got LA, don't have the points for anything else...

I'm surprised at how well the GB emulator looks.

Annoyed that these came out after I wasted my stars on a crappy mk8 t shirt. The print on the t shirt is cool, but the design of the tshirt itself is terrible, it has a really weird loose neck that wouldn't suit anyone.

Annoyed that these came out after I wasted my stars on a crappy mk8 t shirt. The print on the t shirt is cool, but the design of the tshirt itself is terrible, it has a really weird loose neck that wouldn't suit anyone.
It you can sell it for more than €14.42 you were better off getting the t-shirt than the digital games.

That is assuming the slightly less insane pricing tier of 2600 stars=€10 rather than the whatever NES remix 2 or that Chibi Robo game use.

I already own every single game they're offering now, so my stars are still useless. I know thats still a subjective thing, but surely I can't be the only one. Unless something new gets added, my stars gonna rot or I'l be putting the game codes on eBay.

Right I have 5900 stars, after digging out a code from my Nintendo Wii. So, what do you guys think. Either, NES Remix 2, Pullblox World or a virtual console bundle of the following which I have played. Any other suggestions?

Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Warioland
Duck Hunt

Red Hood

Banned
I had 6500 stars and I bought the Yoshi backpack for my sisters. And looking back now at these prices, I don't think I made a bad decision.

Son Of D

Do the codes have an expiry date? A friend wants to get a game for Wii U with his stars but he doesn't have a Wii U yet but will be getting it soon. Obviously he doesn't want to use the stars if the code will expire before he gets the Wii U.

Saiyan-Rox

No, I can definitely confirm they were giving a 3DS code for Minish Cap in the first hours. I never had an OG 3DS, never was an ambassador, don't own a WiiU and after reading this thread, I purchased Minish Cap and used the code on my N3DS and I now have a N3DS with a single ambassador game on it.

So yes, it's unequivocal: they have fixed that but for a while, NOE were offering to purchase codes for an ambassador GBA game on 3DS. Hence my reaction a few pages back that in light of this, it wouldn't hurt to actually start selling them on the eshop.

These ambassador games prove the console can play GBA games so it still annoys me that none are available to buy on it.

Red Hood

Banned
Do the codes have an expiry date? A friend wants to get a game for Wii U with his stars but he doesn't have a Wii U yet but will be getting it soon. Obviously he doesn't want to use the stars if the code will expire before he gets the Wii U.

All codes expire in September if I'm not mistaking, regardless of when you registered the codes. So your friend still has a few months.

edit: By the way, the codes DO need to be registered before 20 April though.

TheMoon

All codes expire in September if I'm not mistaking, regardless of when you registered the codes. So your friend still has a few months.

edit: By the way, the codes DO need to be registered before 20 April though.

He's talking about the game redemption codes for the eShop. Those have no expiry dates.

She downloaded the game on Friday.

Oh sorry I should have clarified, I didn't mean when she downloaded it but rather when you exchanged the stars for the code, did you do it before or after the game was pulled? I'm currently 300 stars short for Minish Cap but if I manage to rack them up I'll take one for the team and try it regardless :p

The download codes expire on December, 31st Midnight. (See the fineprint in the individual descriptions.)

I can't see NES Remix 1 on the Spanish Club Nintendo rewards page. It's the only game I was interested in, too! Are some of these country-specific? Can anyone post the link to it?
(in-site search turns out empty for NES Remix or even NES, even though I can see NES Remix 2 in the regular list. Such a shitty site, Jesus).

TheMoon

I can't see NES Remix 1 on the Spanish Club Nintendo rewards page. It's the only game I was interested in, too! Are some of these country-specific? Can anyone post the link to it?
(in-site search turns out empty for NES Remix or even NES, even though I can see NES Remix 2 in the regular list. Such a shitty site, Jesus).

http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/nes-remix-313

Just go to the list view. It's right above NES Remix 1

Sakujou

Banned
seriously, what a pain in the ass.

gc, wii and ds codes expired already.

i have shit tons of them still lying around tried to register star fox assault only to realize that its gone for good.
damn, this sucks so much :(

TheMoon

i have shit tons of them still lying around tried to register star fox assault only to realize that its gone for good.

you're only 6 years late with those gamecube codes...

Shiggy

New physical goods will be added in the coming months. So if your stars don't expire till then, you may want to wait with buying these overpriced codes.

Shadders

Does anyone have any duplicate codes they'd like to trade? I have an extra Captain Toad code if someone wants to swap.

Also, has it been confirmed there'll be no more physical goods?

I'll be gutted if I buy a load of digital games (pretty much all or which I own in their original format) and then they put up a new statue or something.

I have 7000 stars which is usually the price of the good stuff.

Shadders

Same, I had about 8,000 points in Wii and DS codes - I kept them in a drawer until there was something I wanted to buy, because adding them to the account meant they could expire. Oh how little did I know Nintendo would make them expire anyway. :\

I can't complain too much, I've had loads of great stuff from the Stars Catalogue. The Link and Epona statue, the Luigi's mansion diorama, a few CDs. All of which is worth good money now.

These games are silly priced. Some of the pricing makes no sense. Metroid Fusion is 1800 stars, but all other GBA games are 3900. NES Remix 1 is 2600 and NEX Remix 2 is 5600. Especially when they're the same price money wise.

Nothing I really want (and what I do want I can't get). I might hold off in case they add something else I want later. All I've got is a measly 2300 after I got the Link Between Worlds OST.

Bazry

Does anyone have any duplicate codes they'd like to trade? I have an extra Captain Toad code if someone wants to swap.

Also, has it been confirmed there'll be no more physical goods?

I'll be gutted if I buy a load of digital games (pretty much all or which I own in their original format) and then they put up a new statue or something.

I have 7000 stars which is usually the price of the good stuff.

80usEUC.jpg

email sent from Nintendo yesterday

Shadders

Sweet!

I just hope that the new reward system will be better than this. You need 5 retail games to get a GB game.

Have you seen the DisneyMovieRewards thing? It's the same concept, but you get codes in Disney Blu-Rays and stuff. You can get enough points for a free Blu Ray from four purchases.

They also give you extra points if you register a code within a week of the movie coming out, which I think is nice.

EDIT: The free Blu-Rays they send you have points in too, so you only really have to buy three before you get a free one.

KHlover

Banned
Same, I had about 8,000 points in Wii and DS codes - I kept them in a drawer until there was something I wanted to buy, because adding them to the account meant they could expire. Oh how little did I know Nintendo would make them expire anyway. :\

I can't complain too much, I've had loads of great stuff from the Stars Catalogue. The Link and Epona statue, the Luigi's mansion diorama, a few CDs. All of which is worth good money now.

Starting in the Wii/NDS era Nintendo printed the expiration date on the codes though. I have a Mario Galaxy and a Kawashima's Brain Training code sitting in front of me, Galaxy expired 2011 and Kawashima 2009. The code of the Wii console I bought one year after launch doesn't have an expiration date printed on though, which confuses me a bit since Dr. Kawashima, which was bought at exactly the same time, does have an expiration date.

\_(*-*)_/

Shadders

I added the code for my Wii Mini last night and it worked, so it's not 100% of Wii & NDS codes that have expired (it doesn't have an expiry date).

Chastten

Banned
Well, just downloaded Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga and A Link to the Past. Will keep the remainder of the points for a little while just in case the 3DS game card cases return, otherwise I'll buy some Metroid games.

So long Club Nintendo, we had a good time together!

woopWOOP

I just read the e-mail about VC rewards and I came here to voice my frustration about it since I already spent all my stars last month on fluff, but with these prices...

Still would've been nice to have the option a lot sooner like the US Club Nintendo did.

Top Bottom