• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Club Nintendo: digital rewards now available

Viliger

And I wasted me stars on stuff like keychains and Animal Crossing CD. Come on Nintendo, I know you don't like europeans but this is just absurd.

Confirmed for Australia... eventually.

A range of Nintendo eShop content for #WiiU & #3DS will be coming to the Club Nintendo Stars Catalogue - Stay tuned!

CAhihWYWcAA3yFC.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ/status/578820877346799617

GeNoMe

You already downloaded Pokemon Shuffle and Ironfall? (Both free)
Because those give you 50 points each

I did...but it seems that Nintendo has disabled the possibility to fill out survey's on their website. It says that you will be able to fill out survey's up until September tough. I'm confused :/

Haven't been able to fill out the survey for Metroid Prime Trilogy either :(

deleted

I invested 2 Euro to get to 2200 points - now presents itself the difficult question of which game to buy.

To get the most out of my two Euros financially, I should buy a SNES game (SMK), since those are 8 Euro normally. If I want to have more play time for my money, Metroid Fusion or Mario & Luigi come to mind... What to do, what to do..

It is not expected that Nintendo will add games or change prices, right?

69wpm

Bought WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania yesterday. Today I did all the remaining surveys and noticed something odd.

XZQSyyK.jpg

Comic Workshop, a 3DS title, appears in my list, although I don't have a 3DS. Thanks for the 50 stars I guess.

jimi_dini

Oh man 50hz is not a big deal.
Especially when i can have a game completely in french.

The Wii U (and the gamepad) duplicate every 5th frame for those games, so that they can still get HD 60Hz out. Wii actually switched to 50Hz mode.

I personally don't notice a thing. However I only played LTTP and I haven't played much of it. Just fyi.

Craft

Are the Pikmin movies worth getting, If so Wii U or 3DS?

Edit: So I'm looking at getting:
Super Mario World (Wii U) - 2100 stars
Super Mario Kart (Wii U) - 2100 stars
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U) - 1800 stars
Link To The Past (different language versions, Wii U) - 1300 stars each
Mario Tennis (3DS) - 2800 stars

Think it's worth holding out for more physical rewards?

GeNoMe

Well....it seems that all (new digital) purchases made after the 20th of January, will not be eligible for club nintendo points. That's the reason why my Metroid Prime trilogy purchase didn't have a survey that came up.

The Pokémon shuffle, and Iron fall download won't give you any points either.

Here's a list with hard/software with eligible products.
https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Well....it seems that all (new digital) purchases made after the 20th of January, will not be eligible for club nintendo points. That's the reason why my Metroid Prime trilogy purchase didn't have a survey that came up.

Well, that's utter, utter wank.

L~A

That's for North America.

Europe has until April 20th for digital downloads.

jimi_dini

They do.

Gy1hKRm.jpg

However you have to fill out the survey of course. And the survey may take 1 or 2 days to show up.

Metroid Prime Trilogy didn't give stars because of reasons (maybe it counts as virtual console). Virtual Console games also don't give stars anymore. But regular digital games do.

Minish Cap is gone. My guess is it wasn't support to be the ambassador version but the person generating the codes didn't notice they were generating codes for the 3DS version.

NOE have also yet to tweet about it so I think some prices could change. So if you decided to buy say, Golden Sun and notice if it becomes thousands of stars cheaper do complain...

Golden Sun on GBA wasn't multi-5. There were 5 different versions. And I guess you will simply get the version of your country (or English-only all the time).
They're all the English version*. I don't fucking get NOE. One minute they you ALL get the shitty 50Hz version because of the French/German and the next minute they're English for all or 2/3 of a trilogy is 60Hz and missing German while 1/3 has German intact...

*-I even e-mailed Nintendo Germany about this and they gave a useless reply complete with "forwarded to the appropriate department" (has this department ever done anything?)

cHinzo

Minish Cap is gone. My guess is it wasn't support to be the ambassador version but the person generating the codes didn't notice they were generating codes for the 3DS version.

Wow, that's so disappointing. I really wanted to try out my first Zelda game and Minish Cap looked charming. ;___; Does anyone managed to grab a code and still got one around to trade for it or something, so bummed out atm. :\

Lyonaz

I take it these will stay up until end of Club Nintendo?

I'm wondering if i should hold on to my 7500 stars and wait for possible cool stuff at the end or cash them in now.

I had a couple of thousand, got Donkey Kong and Mario Land gameboy roms for 3DS, better than nothing I suppose. Time to party like it's 1989.

Stupid question because it's Nintendo, but can I pass the codes on to someone else or will it be tied to my account/hardware?

jimi_dini

Just a heads up - I just received Ocarina Of Time for 3DS (seems to be a reprint) and guess what - Club Nintendo code was included and still works.

Stupid question because it's Nintendo, but can I pass the codes on to someone else or will it be tied to my account/hardware?

You can of course pass them around. Tipping Stars is cross platform and gives you an actual download code for the other platform, which you can also just give away in case you want to.

Solobbos

Soo, I live in Finland where the Club Nintendo isn't supported. Still, I have like 120 Club Nintendo codes laying around. Is it possible for me to create an account for some other country with some fake information to register the tickets and get the coins? I've imported most of my games from amazon.co.uk, so they are the British versions. I think now is the time to try to register the games to get some free eShop-games?

jimi_dini

Soo, I live in Finland where the Club Nintendo isn't supported. Still, I have like 120 Club Nintendo codes laying around. Is it possible for me to create an account for some other country with some fake information to register the tickets and get the coins? I've imported most of my games from amazon.co.uk, so they are the British versions. I think now is the time to try to register the games to get some free eShop-games?

Yes, that will work out. You will only get into trouble in case you want to get physical stuff.

You could for example look for the address of a hotel in London and use that address. I did something like that for my foreign PSN accounts.

RiggyRob

I take it these will stay up until end of Club Nintendo?

I'm wondering if i should hold on to my 7500 stars and wait for possible cool stuff at the end or cash them in now.

Now that the games are up I wouldn't expect the games to disappear, so you won't lose anything waiting for something else.

I'm doing the same, waiting for the Mario Kart 8 OST that Japan got - if it doesn't come over, it's no big deal to trade the stars for games instead (unless they expire before then).

LayLa

picked up The Mysterious Murasame Castle, been interested in it for a while so for 1300 stars why not.
went through my collection and found 8(!) unregistered 3DS & WiiU games, but can't seem to register them. no error messages or anything, after clicking "Next" the screen refreshes as though nothing has happened. weird, never had this happen before. anyone else having problems like this?

Bazry

I have a lot of codes to register over the weekend, but I just logged into my account to find a whole bunch of registered games that I hadn't completed the surveys for, including my launch day Wii U :D

I bought the Zelda CD earlier in the year, but still had 3,900 by the time I finished filling out the surveys on my already registered games. I think i'll have over 7,000 by the time i've registered everything over the weekend

I bought Metroid Fusion as I think 1,800 is a 'price' error looking at the other GBA games, so i'd expect that to go up or disappear soon

Welp, discovered that I haven't registered any digital games since I bought Wii U (which was around Super Mario 3D World release). I thought they would be registered automatically - but nope, and now I have dozen of surveys to fill.
I'll probably wait for "official" Nintendo announcement on Twitter before spending my stars.

Solobbos

Yes, that will work out. You will only get into trouble in case you want to get physical stuff.

You could for example look for the address of a hotel in London and use that address. I did something like that for my foreign PSN accounts.

Cheers! Just registered some of my stuff, now have over 4000 points with lots of surveys to go. Quite many of the codes have expired, but that's life. Still, my catalogue star amount isn't updating, does it take a while?

went through my collection and found 8(!) unregistered 3DS & WiiU games, but can't seem to register them. no error messages or anything, after clicking "Next" the screen refreshes as though nothing has happened. weird, never had this happen before. anyone else having problems like this?

I'm having the same problem at the moment. I think it's a server side issue.

Saiyan-Rox

Do you already own NES Remix? The first one has a good price, Pullblox World is another good title.

Nah I don't but I don't want these games for my wii u it seeks pointless having them on there when the 3DS should have em but that's my view. I'd have bought golden sun in a second if it was a 3DS download rather than Wii u

Okay I got myself Super Metroid and Art Academy. Always wanted the latter but couldn't justify paying for it.

It's a bit silly to see eShop games go for 5600 stars, one of my fondest star catalogue awards was a physical copy of Nintendogs for DS which went for 6000 stars back in the day. And that was a huge title then.

Anyway, still have 900 stars left but I haven't booted up my 3DS in a while so I don't know what I'll do with it.

Here are 4 codes for the European Store, does not work on the Australian store so I wont be needing them.

1.D1L1I6GRU7K93B82
2.866CBSPDKU9DOZO1
3.TNM1N1BGGUMXERVI
4.9XH7IEY45WETIBFY

First come first served,enjoy the 800 points :)

69wpm

Here are 4 codes for the European Store, does not work on the Australian store so I wont be needing them.

1.D1L1I6GRU7K93B82
2.866CBSPDKU9DOZO1
3.TNM1N1BGGUMXERVI
4.9XH7IEY45WETIBFY

First come first served,enjoy the 800 points :)

Thanks, I registered them.

picked up The Mysterious Murasame Castle, been interested in it for a while so for 1300 stars why not.
That usually happens when you've attempted entering codes about 10 times in a 24 hour period.

In future use modbot for these things. Most of those will go to people who either lurk or never acknowledge taking them.

I thought downloadable titles were going to be done so people could get rid easily of the stars left, but they are expensive as hell (some of them more expensive than cool physical rewards like like ost).
What the fuck they were thinking?
Thank god i bought the between worlds ost when I could.

Ninja Dom

So gutted!! Around December I had 4250 stars. Logging in today and I only had 2700.

So got me Donkey Kong 94 & Link's Awakening DX.

Top Bottom