• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset!! + Xbox One Day One Unboxing

Skeff

Very cool unboxing video.

But what's with the IR blaster thingie? Huh?

Thats whats actually being used to change the channel on your TV, most Cable boxes don't support HDMI-CEC and can't be controlled by HDMI. When you talk to Kinect it just lasts the channel numbers like a tv remote would. Thats why peoples expectations of kinect controls for TV are so far out of touch with reality.

Paskil

Good stuff. They need to be more open with this news when it first crops up. It took this long for them to confirm after that IGN video surfaced with that guy stating they were going to include it, I believe a week ago. If they can stay ahead of bad PR, there's no reason why they cannot meet their sales goals, even if they're launching in a smaller amount of markets worldwide.

There's so much confusion that could be avoided if they were just upfront and open about some of this common sense stuff.

Lirrik

180 (DRM) + 180 (indie) + 180 (headset) + 180 (???) = Xbox 720.

Waiting for gamescom to unveil their final 180.

glaurung

Isn't that a good thing?
That fear of failure... reeks to high heavens.

BTW, totally off-topic, but does someone have that reversed Iwata WiiU reboxing video with the apology at the end? I need it for... academic purposes.

The Lamp

All of these policies and features they're changing should have been there from the start. But at least they're fixing them one by one. They're pretty elastic to competing with Sony it seems. Now I might get an Xbone sooner than the end of next gen.

It's like most of what they talked about at E3 ended up being false eventually lol.

Wow, make up your mind already Microsoft. Stop changing everything on the fly, it looks ridiculous.

Good news nonetheless for potential X1 owners!

Dramos

It doesn't look bad after all. I love that new controller design. I just hope I will have enough space...

Seems to me MS is getting their consoles manufactured asap for an early launch!

Finalizer

I'm tickled by "4K HDMI cable."

That said, good news on including a headset in the package. Hopefully will mean not too many of those guys chatting through Kinect after all.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Gemüsepizza;75336819 said:
So it's a normal HDMI cable? Got it.

There are definitely cheaper HDMI cables that don't have the bandwidth for 3d or 4k.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good rib.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Good call. Kinect as the sole way to communicate online would lead to a fucking terrible experience.

So, what will they 180 on next?

When we say 4K HDMI cable, we mean it. The HDMI cable we’re including is an actual Category 2 HDMI cable, rated for 1080P, 3D and 4K, according to the HDMI 1.4 spec.

Looks like Microsoft placed a large order with Monoprice!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
In that video the console doesn't really look all that much bigger than the Xbox slim. Box size looks the same too.

Good news about the headset.

Bricky

Competition people, it's good for everybody in the long run. :D

(And I say this as a Playstation-fan, good for you Xbox-friends!)

iMax

That fear of failure... reeks to high heavens.

BTW, totally off-topic, but does someone have that reversed Iwata WiiU reboxing video with the apology at the end? I need it for... academic purposes.

Microsoft can't do anything right, can they? They stick to their guns — they're slaughtered. They change their plans — they're slaughtered.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Lol they literally are going down a checklist fixing every issue people have

and why is that problem

im pissed of with gaf moaning at ms for making the wrong choices, then when they reverse those choices they still fucking moan cos they chose to reverse

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The on off switch is pretty cool. I'm glad Microsoft is reversing the decisions they made earlier, competition is great for consumers.

Hope the power supply isn't noisy, they said the 360 slim was quiet yet the power supply was fairly noisy. Nice looking box, bit big but nice

Omni

Good call. Kinect as the sole way to communicate online would lead to a fucking terrible experience.

So, what will they 180 on next?

I'd probably expect the game DVR/paywall thing... but after that, what else is there? There's no way that they're going to go back on Kinect after the investment they've put into it.

Fair play to them. I'm still a bit sceptical on the One but they're a doing a pretty decent job at fixing most of the problem I had with the initial announcements.

up close its hard to believe that a billion dollar company would approve that console design... the controller looks great though

L.O.R.D

m5zn_240902ba88e7b46.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I hope they update the software so it can change your DVR channel via LAN or HDMi-CEC (if you have a compatible one). Should be easy enough if you select what brand you have from a database.

Not a fan of IR blasters - my experience of TiVo series 1 wasn't good. Having to tune the pause between each number sent to make it reliable. I could switch over manually faster than the IR blaster could

Also slightly concerned about chaining HDMI. My DVR goes through my receiver and the into my TV. I'm assuming the Xbox would go before the receiver, but now you have more devices argue the toss with EDIDs flying around.

Top Bottom