• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset!! + Xbox One Day One Unboxing

untitled-2fzbvc.gif

Apparently Sethos is still around, inside me, making gifs.

I LOLed. Great

NIGHT-

Have they explained why they have a less powerful console, but it's bigger than their competitor AND they still need a power brick? I still can't believe as big as this thing is, that u still need a power brick.

For a quieter and possibly more reliable console. I have a feeling we'll be hearing about more hardware issues from ps4 than x1.

ToyBroker

Banned
Wow console wars at it's finest here.

lol this is awesome.

Yeah i'll never understand it either. In the many years I've had multiple consoles attached to my TV, including both the PS3 and 360, not once did I put any thought into the external brick.

Oh please, it was a joke because he said people were grasping at straws.

Did you spend all day scouring the Internet looking for old listings of standard hdmi cables? Because you wasted your time. That first link is for a highspeed cable. The second is for a 6 meter cable. Granted, they offer other lengths but it is still a discontinued Monster cable from 2007. Hell, I would not be surprised if you tried to buy one and they sent you a newer, highspeed version. I never said you could not find a standard hdmi cable if you really were determined to, but you sure have to go out of your way to avoid all the cheaper, readily available highspeed ones.

Xamdou

Have they explained why they have a less powerful console, but it's bigger than their competitor AND they still need a power brick? I still can't believe as big as this thing is, that u still need a power brick.

External power brick rather than an internal one so less heat within the console. The Xbox one has a larger case so that it has better air flow and ventilation. Also the console is silent according to the IGN hands on preview.

As for the PS4: internal power supply, smaller case design and questionable loudness of the unit.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
External power brick rather than an internal one so less heat within the console. The Xbox one has a larger case so that it has better air flow and ventilation. Also the console is silent according to the IGN hands on preview.

As for the PS4: internal power supply, smaller case design and questionable loudness of the unit.

The current ones are not loud to begin with.

Dai101

Banned
Wasn't the ps3 reliable without a power brick?

The problem with both since the ps3 still suffers from the yellow light of death is the same, lead-free solder. And not just consoles, a large number of laptops suffer from the same problem. Nothing to do with the powerbrick but it really helps to not having more components inside the console that will generate more heat.

P.D: Bless lead-free solder!! I've a lot of job thanks to you, half-assed solution to lead-tin solder.

I think Microsoft purposefully made the XB1 big so that when they do the eventual redesign the size difference will be that much more dramatic.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think Microsoft purposefully made the XB1 big so that when they do the eventual redesign the size difference will be that much more dramatic.

Or maybe it's big because of the tv shit in there. Circuit wafers and stuff. And a big ass fan.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Did you spend all day scouring the Internet looking for old listings of standard hdmi cables? Because you wasted your time. That first link is for a highspeed cable. The second is for a 6 meter cable. Granted, they offer other lengths but it is still a discontinued Monster cable from 2007. Hell, I would not be surprised if you tried to buy one and they sent you a newer, highspeed version. I never said you could not find a standard hdmi cable if you really were determined to, but you sure have to go out of your way to avoid all the cheaper, readily available highspeed ones.

Actually, you said it was basically impossible, and no, I found those in a 30 second search. Oh look, here is my local computer store that I buy all my parts from:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=98_102&item_id=030473

Plenty in stock too. Keep trying though.

Kerm 1

Phuck dude, you need to get laid.

madmackem

Or maybe it's big because of the tv shit in there. Circuit wafers and stuff. And a big ass fan.

You do know there is no tv shit what so ever in there right?. Its pretty obvious that they shit the bed about the whole rrod and took every single step to make sure they didnt cost themselves billions again by making the launch machine bigger and giving themselves room to manage heat.

You do know there is no tv shit what so ever in there right?. Its pretty obvious that they shit the bed about the whole rrod and took every single step to make sure they didnt cost themselves billions again by making the launch machine bigger and giving themselves room to manage heat.

okay? is there something wrong with that?

Actually, you said it was basically impossible, and no, I found those in a 30 second search. Oh look, here is my local computer store that I buy all my parts from:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=98_102&item_id=030473

Plenty in stock too. Keep trying though.

You just linked to another high speed cable. So, so far you've found an extreme length from an online specialty retailer, a discontinued product and two high speed HDMI cables. I'd say the evidence supports my assessment. Standard HDMI cables have been a deprecated technology for a while. Your average store does not bother to stock them. You have to go out of your way to find one if for some weird reason you want one. I know you really want to catch me in some stupid "gotcha", but I'm not wrong and you just look foolish.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
You just linked to another high speed cable. So, so far you've found an extreme length from an online specialty retailer, a discontinued product and two high speed HDMI cables. I'd say the evidence supports my assessment. Standard HDMI cables have been a deprecated technology for a while. Your average store does not bother to stock them. You have to go out of your way to find one if for some weird reason you want one. I know you really want to catch me in some stupid "gotcha", but I'm not wrong and you just look foolish.

Huh?

"iCAN HDMI 1080P 1.3 version Golden Plated - 3 ft. (HH-30-03)"

That doesn't support 3D or 4k.

You claimed the other cable was high speed too without apparently reading the description.

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Supports-WITHOUT-booster-resolutions/dp/B001FVIU2S?tag=viglink129408-20

"Advanced 3ft 1.3a HDMI Cable, Supports up to 1080p or 1600p (WITHOUT the need of a booster), Supports 2560 x 1600 resolutions."

This is 4k?

I'm not the one looking foolish here.

Metfanant

nah... the fantasy football integration won me over.

you could probably just fire up the PS4 (Free) web browser and use that to play fantasy football as well...save yourself $100 up front, and $10 per year...and get the more powerful gaming console...

...just saying...

Top Bottom