• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evo 2014 announced for July, Xbox 360 as main platform

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Has EVO ever thought about using PC versions? AE would be so badass on PC. Using alts would be funny and entertaining and you can use either console arcade stick. Plus the PC looks and runs the best. It could work out if a PC manufacturer were sponsoring PCs and what not.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Has EVO ever thought about using PC versions? AE would be so badass on PC. Using alts would be funny and entertaining and you can use either console arcade stick. Plus the PC looks and runs the best. It could work out if a PC manufacturer were sponsoring PCs and what not.

AE on PC would be great. :9

everyone would play league instead

Wasnt there some unique quirks on the Pc version?

Oh, since EVO is switching over to the 360, I can finally use my PS3 controller instead of the crappy PS2 controllers I bought just so I can play at EVO.

I understand why there was a "no wireless controller" rule, but I still hated how my main controller was not allowed.

Tizoc

Woah SFxT is back again? Unexpected but great really looking forward to it, hopefully this time there'll be more fancy combos and prob. Pandora finishers.

Wonder if GG Xrd will be showcased during EVO?

sleepykyo

No on the alts, but yeah I'm surprised that Capcom or Evo isn't working with Nvidia, graphics card maker. Between Nvidia/Pepsi in Bionic Commando and Playboy in Dead Rising 2, product placement was pretty widespread in Capcom games.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Gonna wait to see those floor maps to see where EVO is actually hosted at. For SOME reason, it was at the Bally's this year instead of the announced Paris hotel. People that actually got a room in there had to walk more than the people that went cheap at the Bally's hahahaha

Yeah, this really confused me this last EVO. If I had known, I would have just gotten a room at Ballys.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's going to be there even though they haven't announced any games, it had the 4th most entrants. Why are you salty about it anyway? Is someone forcing you to play or watch it?

Oh oh I know
Mr.Deadpool • 2 days ago −
Online it is called spamming but it seems that in evo it is called strategy

Oblivion5000 Mr.Deadpool • 2 days ago
Yeah. Pretty pathetic. No idea why this is being encouraged with money rewards. That's the kind of crap my 7 year old nephew does.

Kingtaco021 • 2 days ago
Yeah keep using heat vision you noob that guy should've got deathstroke and spam gunshots on him lol

imoran89 Kingtaco021 • 2 days ago
i think deathstroke was banned from the competition. i didnt see any of them using deathstroke, not even on the pool matches.

HardRojo

FGC thinking they are super human and that it makes even the most minor of differences in their performance.

Do you even play fighting games? This is similar to the "spamming fireballs is only called strategy by these so called high level players"

antibolo

Banned
I fully expect Microsoft to moneyhat an entire room and stream for Killer Instinct, just like WB did this year.

EVO is all about which game is from the company with the deepest pockets now.

This would be great if you didn't have to bring your own joystick.

360 sticks will be fine since the drivers are there native, but ps3 controllers take time to setup on PC. I don't know if all variations will be PnP.

Also, even though AE is not a system hog to run, I don't know if they can afford the amount of PCs to run that many stations compared to 360s.

I fully expect Microsoft to moneyhat an entire room and stream for Killer Instinct, just like WB did this year.

EVO is all about which game is from the company with the deepest pockets now.

Don't worry. They'll get booed even worse next time. They got booed for two of killer instinct. How bad will it be if its got actual time dedicated to it.?

After all the #PS3LAG complaining that has been happening over the past few years regarding AE and specially Marvel, Do people really think this is a MS moneyhat? Really?

Mesoian

The rate for the LVH is $85 a night, and they have a monorail to the strip for $5. That means more money for Alcohol!

That's...wow, super affordable.

Looks like I'll be back next year!

No on the alts, but yeah I'm surprised that Capcom or Evo isn't working with Nvidia, graphics card maker. Between Nvidia/Pepsi in Bionic Commando and Playboy in Dead Rising 2, product placement was pretty widespread in Capcom games.

That would require Capcom to partner with people who are forward thinking and seasoned. They seem quite content only partnering with companies that solely consist of troubled projects and lackluster sales figures.

I agree with you

After all the #PS3LAG complaining that has been happening over the past few years regarding AE and specially Marvel, Do people really think this is a MS moneyhat? Really?

Lag is only on capcpom games. Tell those lazy mother fuckers to program correctly. I don't have that lag in any other fighting game except sf and marvel.

Lag is only on capcpom games. Tell those lazy mother fuckers to program correctly. I don't have that lag in any other fighting game except sf and marvel.

So either Capcom updates AE and Marvel (LOL) or they can use the system in which the game doesn't lag.... which one is more doable....

Also, please connect this to the Moneyhat.

capturesxkig.png

With the FGC, eveything is a conspiracy!

So either Capcom updates AE and Marvel (LOL) or they can use the system in which the game doesn't lag.... which one is more doable....

Also, please connect this to the Moneyhat.

Oh I'm not saying what's easier. I am saying that Crapcom is a bunch of lazy mother fuckers who refuse to fix the game because it's good enough for the plebes. But the fact of the matter is that only Capcom games have this lag while several other fighting games aren't even on the 360.

Omega

Banned
And by most you mean the 3 Capcom ones. The other fighting games have developers who actually know how to port their damn games properly.

I don't want to defend capcpom but maybe it's not their fault.

Unreal Engine 3 games run horrendously on PS3. I remember reading a bunch of breakdowns on why it runs so poorly, and it's because it was built to run of 512mb video memory whereas PS3 has 256mb split so it forces devs to have to workaround those limitations which causes problems.

I'm not sure what engine Capcom uses, but maybe they have the same problems. or maybe capcpom really just is that incompetent, after all they can't even get the names of their own characters right

I don't want to defend capcpom but maybe it's not their fault.

Unreal Engine 3 games run horrendously on PS3. I remember reading a bunch of breakdowns on why it runs so poorly, and it's because it was built to run of 512mb video memory whereas PS3 has 256mb split so it forces devs to have to workaround those limitations which causes problems.

I'm not sure what engine Capcom uses, but maybe they have the same problems. or maybe capcpom really just is that incompetent, after all they can't even get the names of their own characters right

Capcom uses an in house engine with these games. No excuse on why they shouldn't be at parity.

KOF, Blazblue, Aquapizza, Tekken, TTT, and all those other games? No problems. Hell Namco games run better on the PS3 than on the 360. It's only Capcom and their raggedy ass programmers that are sitting back and not fixing shit. After fifty iterations of any given street fighter, the least they can do is fix their error.

Capcom uses an in house engine with these games. No excuse on why they shouldn't be at parity.

KOF, Blazblue, Aquapizza, Tekken, TTT, and all those other games? No problems. Hell Namco games run better on the PS3 than on the 360. It's only Capcom and their raggedy ass programmers that are sitting back and not fixing shit. After fifty iterations of any given street fighter, the least they can do is fix their error.

Are you also complaining to namco to fix their 360 games, if that is the case?

I'm not saying that is right, but the situation is that the PS3 ver of those games lag. Using 360 will fix that situation.

If namco games run better on PS3 I don't see why they can't keep using those. They have the ps3s and I think it was stated that the event it will not be exclusive for 360.

I don't like this just because I play pad(dual shock 2) and the 360 to PS2 converters aren't that good. I've lost games in tournament from this.

Are you also complaining to namco to fix their 360 games, if that is the case?

I'm not saying that is right, but the situation is that the PS3 ver of those games lag. Using 360 will fix that situation.

If namco games run better on PS3 I don't see why they can't keep using those. They have the ps3s and I think it was stated that the event it will not be exclusive for 360.

Yup..

Top Bottom