• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evo 2014 announced for July, Xbox 360 as main platform

Are you also complaining to namco to fix their 360 games, if that is the case?

I'm not saying that is right, but the situation is that the PS3 ver of those games lag. Using 360 will fix that situation.

If namco games run better on PS3 I don't see why they can't keep using those. They have the ps3s and I think it was stated that the event it will not be exclusive for 360.

The Namco job would be a bit harder to fix than the Capcom one. Tekken 6 was made on System 357 which is essentially a PS3 arcade board with more ram.

The Capcom engine isn't hardware specific if I recall correctly. Wasn't it just a Taito x2 board or some generic PC hardware slapped together and made into an arcade system?

The Tekken board would be impossible to do a true 1 to 1 conversion on 360 much like the Capcom VS SNK 2 game was impossible to do a true 1 to 1 conversion on anything other than the Dreamcast.

The Namco job would be a bit harder to fix than the Capcom one. Tekken 6 was made on System 357 which is essentially a PS3 arcade board with more ram.

The Capcom engine isn't hardware specific if I recall correctly. Wasn't it just a Taito x2 board or some generic PC hardware slapped together and made into an arcade system?

The Tekken board would be impossible to do a true 1 to 1 conversion on 360 much like the Capcom VS SNK 2 game was impossible to do a true 1 to 1 conversion on anything other than the Dreamcast.

Either case a platform is getting screwed. It is not 360 owners fault that Namco chose to use a PS3 based board for their games. Same with PS3 owners on Capcom games.

Neither case is getting fixed soon or never.

Right now we are in a situation in which both series will be in competition on their optimal system.

I don't see much to be outraged over. There are majors have main 360. Many have expressed they prefer 360 on those games. The biggest tournament is adapting money hat or not.

The 2014 competition will be played on Xbox 360 consoles for preference, but according to a later tweet, games on other platforms may be included.

The only people i feel for are those the ps3/2 pad players.

Skilletor

/shrug

If moneyhats, since I don't plan on buying an XB1, I'll just buy a MadCatz stick on the cheap until dual mods are easy and/or reliable for next gen consoles.

Yeah, they don't lag but they can screw up and make your character start walking forward. It's something with the analog stick.

Oh wow, that's a shame. I would always hear folks talking them up, but I guess they're probably using PS2 sticks instead of pads so they don't have the analog issue.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Oh wow, that's a shame. I would always hear folks talking them up, but I guess they're probably using PS2 sticks instead of pads so they don't have the analog issue.
Yeah I just have all-digital pads and haven't noticed any issues. Supposedly analog triggers can be wonky on those converters too but I've never tested.

Grecco

Woah SFxT is back again? Unexpected but great really looking forward to it, hopefully this time there'll be more fancy combos and prob. Pandora finishers.

Wonder if GG Xrd will be showcased during EVO?

after evo this year Id say sf x t is done

Westlo

I bet they'll do another funding drive for the 8th broadcasted tournament again.

Doubt any new versions of those games will be out in time though. I kinda doubt Xrd is going to make it's february date.

CP is out in October in Japan, a translated version will be out before Evo and it's not like you need one to play the game.

GG doesn't have a Feb date....

jett

D-Member
#sonybomba

This year was definitely SFxT's last. They gave it another chance, shit still sucks. Killer Instinct being in there is a foregone conclusion, maybe Melee too considering how popular it was.

Tripon

So for the Evo 2014 lineup we have:

Ultra SF4
Ultimate MvC3
Injustice
SFxT
TTT2
KoF13
And probably Melee

Possible contenders:

SC2 HD Online
Skull Girls
Fight Girls
Pokken
Dive Kick
Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm

Any others I'm missing?

Ultra SF4
Ultimate MvC3
Injustice
SFxT
TTT2
KoF13
And probably Melee

Possible contenders:

SC2 HD Online
Skull Girls
Fight Girls
Pokken
Dive Kick

Any others I'm missing?

Playstation All Stars

Games on the roster are determined by having an active offline playerbase in the US. It isn't a matter of whether the game is new or not. The exception is if you get in through "publisher support."

El Sabroso

Ultra SF4
Ultimate MvC3
Injustice
SFxT
TTT2
KoF13
And probably Melee

Possible contenders:

SC2 HD Online
Skull Girls
Fight Girls
Pokken
Dive Kick

Any others I'm missing?

Games that will be for sure:
UMvC3
USF4
Injustice
TTT2

Games that might be:
KI
GGXrd
DiveKick
KoFXIII
Melee
SC2 HD Online

Games that i do want to see return are KoFXIII and Melee, from the new inclusions I would like to play and see GGXrd.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ all you people not listing Killer Instinct in there for the sure shots.

CONFIRMED for 2014 100% you can put down money on this:

USF4
UMVC3
Killer Instinct
Injustice

Very likely inclusions:

KOFXIII
Melee
TTT2
DOA5U

Pending release dates:

GGXrd
BBCP
Persona 4 Arcade (or whatever it's called)

Will not return:

MK9
SFxT

Out of all those DOA5 is the longest shot followed by TTT2. TTT2 is the only Namco game which is present and some what relevant. DOA5 has been getting a lot of publisher/developer support and if they throw in more pot bonuses and keep getting entrances at majors it can have an EVO spot. I think TFC had 100 DOA5 entrants which is pretty damn good.

I seriously seriously doubt Xrd will even be ready for consoles by EVO time. Also, as much as I'd like it, I really doubt Divekick would go from side game to main game.

The "obligatory" anime game we're getting is almost certainly going to be Chronophantasma.

Obligatory:
Ultra SFIV
UMvC3
Injustice

Very likely but not 100% sure:
KoFXIII
Killer Instinct
BBCP
Melee
TT2 unless DoA somehow manages to get more attendance than it.

Unlikely but still somewhat realistic:
Mortal Kombat
SFxTK
Skullgirls

IvorB

I hope they will at least have something there I can get hyped about. A bunch of 2D games doesn't really do it for me.

daman824

Ultra SF4
Ultimate MvC3
Injustice
SFxT
TTT2
KoF13
And probably Melee

Possible contenders:

SC2 HD Online
Skull Girls
Fight Girls
Pokken
Dive Kick

Any others I'm missing?
Killer instinct probably has a high chance of being there.

kirblar

I seriously seriously doubt Xrd will even be ready for consoles by EVO time. Also, as much as I'd like it, I really doubt Divekick would go from side game to main game.

The "obligatory" anime game we're getting is almost certainly going to be Chronophantasma.
If the Persona scene holds up I could see it and BB:CP both getting in.
Killer instinct probably has a high chance of being there.
It's a lock.

Dahbomb

Persona 4 isn't coming back to EVO unless it's the next expansion especially if BBCP is there.

Right now the anime games are the ones that are the most up in the air with no concrete release dates (as far as I know).

Isn't it a bit premature to be calling for Killer Instinct when nobody has even played it properly?
It doesn't matter. Game is coming way before EVO (it comes out in 2 months). Even if it launches as a broken piece of shit by the time the EVO season kicks into gear it will have patches up that will make it more playable in the competitive sense.

But the single biggest reason why KI is going to be at EVO is because of the reason behind this thread title which is that Xbox will be at EVO... which is essentially a soft confirmation of money hats by Microsoft (either direct or providing consoles themselves).

In comparison, SFxT released very close to EVO season, was panned by the community and still made it to EVO... two times in a row.

Baleoce

Ultra SF4
Ultimate MvC3
Injustice
SFxT
TTT2
KoF13
And probably Melee

Possible contenders:

SC2 HD Online
Skull Girls
Fight Girls
Pokken
Dive Kick

Any others I'm missing?

I don't personally think we'll be seeing SFxT there next year. Or perhaps we might, but it will be off stream.

Top Bottom