• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2015: Street Fighter 5 Panel @ 2PST/5EST

Confuzzled at people saying the 'leak list' has too many characters considering they just said it's 16 + 4 new and the list is 14 + 4 new.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hope they put these slides up online somewhere. The information they're giving sounds really interesting and thought out.

TheChits

CKOjYxNUsAAzCb6.jpg

I really like all those Chun designs

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
About damn time Capcom realized for balancing that you should keep good characters good and make bad characters better.

Been saying this for so many years now.

Xater

Making DLC also unlockable just by playing the game is pretty awesome. Steady stream of new characters also sounds good. I am pretty hyped for this now.

They specifically said ALL DLC content.

mkT24yd.jpg

"gameplay-related" tho

aesthetic microstranscations incoming

That's aight I guess. Reminds me of Halo 5 making all the maps free to stop splitting up the community, but they still got weapon skins and cosmetic shit you can buy.

KingBroly

Banned
Only if they want their game to be shit. Assuming you mean skimpy outfits, of course. :p

I was sorta hoping to see a concept Cammy design with Pants, just to see people rage over it, lol.

That far right one for Chun looks good. Chun with long hair.

It's 12 old, 4 new.

They said it's 16 including new, not 16 + 4 new.

Isn't it 16 characters total, with 4 of them being brand new? So 12 returning.

Because that's not what they said.
CKOdwkGUMAE-uXS.jpg

16 characters, 4 of which are new.

Ah yeah, saw the slide just before I refreshed the page. I was basically going off the audio on the periscope stream because you couldn't see a darn thing :p

Baleoce

Very excited. I'm all in for it. Most things I've heard about this game so far I've been very interested in. If I had a bison dollar for every time I've heard "new proprietary netcode promises best performance in franchise history" though.

CKOcv9eUsAAfXvo.jpg

About damn time Capcom realized for balancing that you should keep good characters good and make bad characters better.

Been saying this for so many years now.

He also mentioned in the Q&A that they'll only do quick patches if something is discovered that basically breaks the game. So they aren't going to have a panic attack if people start screaming a character is OP. Which so far has happened with every single character they've revealed. :p

KAL2006

Banned
How often do games like League of Legends and DOTA get new characters. I'm hoping we get 1 new character every 2 months to keep things fresh

KingBroly

Banned
Very excited. I'm all in for it. Most things I've heard about this game so far I've been very interested in. If I had a bison dollar for every time I've heard "new proprietary netcode promises best performance in franchise history" though.

I mean...what's the bar for this, exactly? Third Strike? HD Remix?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I like everything I've heard about this game except the content delivery plans.

I just want to be able to pick up a disc 5 or more years from now with all the gameplay content ready to go. Don't care how much it costs.

DigiMish

I just want to be able to pick up a disc 5 or more years from now with all the gameplay content ready to go. Don't care how much it costs.

Catering to your demographic is not really the way to go with these games, and Capcom outlined exactly why in the slides.

There will be AE/Ultra styled pack in discs down the road for sure. Capcom said you only need to own one disc, not that there will be only one.

Well they said with one disc you will never be outdated (aka you can get everything via dlc). That doesn't prevent them from releasing a game of the year version with packed in dlc..

How often do games like League of Legends and DOTA get new characters. I'm hoping we get 1 new character every 2 months to keep things fresh
Dota is still working on porting characters from Dota 1. It gets like 2-4 a year at this point, they have 2 left to port from dota 1.

kirblar

Joe ‏@thisislijoe 10m10 minutes ago

Someone asked a good question.

Could you wager the fight money to sort of play a money match online with in game currency

Answer was....

Details about our in game currency will be revealed soon
Monopoly Money Matches? :D

Dremark

Banned

They said you only NEED to buy one disc.

Not that you necessarily won't have the option to buy a more filled out edition later. Also I believe KI does something like that periodically so I'd say it's possible.

Newboi

Everything detailed at the panel was really positive and promising. I just wish they weren't afraid to change Ryu and Chun-li's looks (this somewhat applies to Cammy too). You can update a character yet keep them instantly recognizable.

Anyway, I was hoping that they would take some time to talk about their internal focus on the Single Player front, which would include helping newer players get into the game and learn its advanced mechanics. Maybe they'll give some updates there at TGS, or maybe even the Playstation event (like its debut last year)?

Raitaro

I hope the game has plenty of stages

You and me both!

As for their stance on releasing new characters post-launch for free: this sounds fantastic but I do wonder what the benefit for them will be with this approach (financially). Are they hoping that this will keep the game alive for longer and as such will lead to more cosmetic purchases down the line etc.? Do they anticipate that said purchases would easily compensate them for the character development costs? If so, if those purchases disappoint them in the end, I expect them to stop releasing characters as well...

That said, I can't wait to hear and see more of this game!

Top Bottom