• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expect less talk, more games again from Sony E3

Jackpot

Banned
I would like a little more talk. The equivalent of the announcement press release that accompanies most games - just the basic premise and list of features.

MTC100

Banned
Hopefully they won't show a majority of games that won't release within a year of their announcement like last E³. Seriously Shenmue and Final Fantasy VII were interesting but please don't show them again, and again, and again for the future E³s...

Caronte

I hope they bring back the orchestra too.

Hopefully they won't show a majority of games that won't release within a year of their announcement like last E³. Seriously Shenmue and Final Fantasy VII were interesting but please don't show them again, and again, and again for the future E³s...

Did they even show those two last E3?

mreddie

The theater setting is still weird for me. I miss all the TV screens.

But less talk, more action, I approve.

They weren't at E3 last year....

Oh.. holy shi...

That's right it was 2015, man, Shenmue and FF VII are still not out yet lol
Not going to lie, I laughed at you not realising the year XD

Sony's press conferences have been great for a few years now and is the one I'm most excited for. Even if they just show gameplay of last years titles, some third party and maybe one new game I would be super happy.

Rob2K19

Shawn walks on stage. Announces PSP2. Walks off stage. Comes back on stage after hearing the crowds applause. Says Vita means life. Walks off stage for good.

Should be 90 seconds worth.

Well shit they've gotta dedicate at least 5 minutes of demo time to the 4000 games they have marketing deals for so of course they aren't doing much talking.

Calm Mind

giphy.gif

mark cerny comes out on stage, covered in 3 different robes all wrapped in chains. a live band plays tense, thrilling music as he puts on a show attempting to remove the chains before a timer counts down to..what?

he almost doesn't make it, but right as there's only 1 second left he removes the final chain.

he stands silently for a moment, only to suddenly rip off the robes bruce almighty style. his shirt reads "vita is life" and the countdown counts the final second.

alarms go off all over the stadium as a glass box is lowered from the ceiling. as it hangs a few feet above the ground, mark circles it to show it off, magician style. he smirks and headbutts the box, shattering it into a million pieces.

inside is a note, he unfolds it, he can't believe his eyes. not even mark knew this was coming, how could they do this? how is this possible?

he holds the note up so the main camera can zoom in; it's displayed on every screen in the arena.

as mark cerny vomits on the ground from sheer shock and happiness, the note reads "ps4 PROtable summer 2018"

a man in a crash bandicoot costume rushes the stage and rips mark cernys head off. he presents it to the crowd. the cheering and applause is so loud every window in the building shatters and every other event, including sony's, is immediately shut down.

best conference ever

MrS

Banned
Fantastic to hear. Can't wait to see what they have in store. Hope we get some info on Hellblade.

Such an easy thing to do when you actually have so much content and games to show. From first party through to third party marketing and everything in between.

While I'm happy about this, I hope they go longer. Last year's conference was barely over an hour, while Sony's conferences are usually 2 hour marathons. Considering the sheer amount of games PS4 has, I'm hoping to reach the 2 hour mark again.

Fbh

Awesome.

That's the best E3. Games after games after games.

I don't want to hear about sales and how cool your company is. I want a live orchestra playing the theme song for a new announcement

Top Bottom