• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expect less talk, more games again from Sony E3

Calm Mind

Well no shit Shenmue 3 isn't out yet, they announced their Kickstarter back then and Square Enix are notoriously bad when it comes to announcing FF games years ahead of release lol

Did you miss Sony's E3 conference last year? He basically just described it here.

?

Is he lying by saying Sony are doing the same thing they did last year?

He was terrible at PSX last year.

I did against my better judgement. I would only believe him if he were to ban himself from attending it.

giphy.gif
How not to use a gif 101

Kouriozan

That's the way to go, all that talking and on stage gameplay that last 15 mins makes me sleepy, even more when the Sony conference is at 3AM CEST

Auctopus

2016 needs to be the template for all future years. I honestly wouldn't have minded a few minutes more of talking last year purely because of the quality of the other stuff.

AkimboChainz

Neo Member
I feel like for most games this is totally the way to go, but some titles need a little bit of explaining. Days Gone last year specifically. I still have no idea what kind of game it is (and it was probably answered after), open world, survival, or a linear action game. If it's an open world game I'm definitely much more interested, but if that's just a set piece not as much.

Budi

I would like a little more talk. The equivalent of the announcement press release that accompanies most games - just the basic premise and list of features.

Me too, I thought people loved how Bethesda introduced Fallout 4. There was a lot of talking. I mean if it's only pointless PR speak of how great and innovative the game is without actually going into specifics and talking about the features, then I can live without it. But just a trailer after a trailer seems like a youtube playlist. Especially I'd like to see devs talk about their games. That Unravel guy was adorable.

This being said, I enjoyed Playstation confrence last year.

ViciousDS

Banned
damn.......so even more games than last year? That is insane......last year set the bar on how to run a conference it was just fucking games, after games, after games and trailers. I literally had no time to grab a drink except for the opening where I could blast my stereo for the first 3 minutes and hear it in the other room.

Based on last years complaints, someone should warn GiantBomb of this and just send them a link to an FTP site with all the trailers. They would much rather prefer that than having another conference like last years.

Best give me that live orchestra again too.

Live oschestra please.

I just want the orchestra back...

They are at the Shrine Auditorium again and God of War is back, so Bear McCreary and co are likely back as well!

Also less VR/Vita preferably 😀

Less Layden the better. He's not an engaging speaker.

He was terrible at PSX last year.

Screw you guys lol.

LifEndz

I was surprised when certain people in the games media had a problem with this format last year. Personally, I love it. More time showing games and less time telling me about how well the PlayStation division is doing.

SirNinja

I doubt they would change things up after the reception last years' presentation received. Hope they bring the orchestra back too.

TIME said:
Pull your gaze from Nintendo's bedazzling Switch for a moment

That's pretty easy to do since I still can't find one.

sense

Why doesn't GiantBomb like this format?
They think a "conference" should have people out there talking and presenting games and features rather than a bunch of back to back trailers which can be uploaded directly to YouTube instead of gathering people up at an event.
Edit: example case below lol

Cramoss

Ugh

I know I'm in the very minority here but I'd like a PRESS CONFERENCE to have some talk about the game you're presenting... Y'know, like an actual PRESS CONFERENCE.

As I've said before, If I wanted to just watch trailers I'd just create a youtube playlist and let it play itself.

Sadly, Sony is embracing the hype culture so I don't see this stopping anytime soon.

martino

i already own the console ,i'm not a warrior (i don't need long exclusive list of game even if they finally release at then end of gen if not the next) so i want to see games coming in 2 years max.

I prefer to see more games and the the info afterwards. A lot of time is lost discussing a game. Especially when all of it will be regurgitated by journalists ad nauseum after the conference

can't decide if i should pick up a ps4 or a switch once i can. both have enticing exclusives that i just can't play on my Xbox. i had a ps4 a couple years ago, but was paying for live so decided to trade it in. now, after last years e3 im really intrigued, so i want to see what they have in store this year.

i've also never owned a nintendo console(a gamer sin) besides handheld, so i think the switch comes into play with that. a hard choice for sure.

They think a "conference" should have people out there talking and presenting games and features rather than a bunch of back to back trailers which can be uploaded directly to YouTube instead of gathering people up at an event.
Edit: example case below lol

Weird. Basically asking to be fed marketing bs. Inferring these things from the showing and letting the game speak for themselves I feel respect the viewer and game itself much more.

Top Bottom