• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Acchi Kocchi 09-10
Still cute kinda not noteworthy. Catgirls in catgirl costumes are redundant. Not much to say really. Watch this if you are cajun and/or are easily amused.

Tiger and Bunny 13
I feel a bit baited.
2 powers is kinda stupid and breaks every established rule of the universe for the sake of TENSHION.
I mean I get why it was done but I can't help but to feel somewhat let down and all.

Tiger and Bunny 14
So another Blue Rose episode, shame they seem to have dropped her catchphrase now. Some foreshadowing of the things to come with regards to
Taiga's powers.
Anyway it was nice seeing Blue Rose try and deal with her tsun side and be more honest with herself. She's probably among my favourite characters. Also the last scene where she
freaks out at the towel when her dere side is completely exposed was adorable.

Tiger and Bunny 15
Quite a lot of manservice this episode. Also Sky High episode. Dude just can't catch a break can he. The ending made me kinda sad. Dude doesn't deserve this.
Then again he couldn't tell that she was an android all his fault really. Also what's with having romantic interests smash each other in anime?

Dresden

Nice Persona 3 the movie spread, considering this is also a gaming forum figured I'd paste it:

ibbCDXeCfqZ7WN.png

Dual!! Parallel Trouble Adventures 8

Hahaha, the harem grows, and how! This episode introduces us to Notsuka II, in a hilarious twist of fate. It also establishes that the real villain is not Doctor Rara, who as it happens is a pretty nice guy, but really is
his wife who is also the wife of Doctor Sanada in the other world. If that hurts your brain, both Rara and Sanada have daughters by this woman who are named Mitsuki and are exactly the same age. Chrono Cross right there, folks.

But here's what matters most: This episode basically flips a massive middle finger at what I had once considered the only redeeming feature of Gundam AGE's 3rd arc.

I'm going to spoil Gundam AGE's 3rd arc. If you have seen it, you have my condolences. If you haven't and you want to, don't. You're a damn fool for entertaining the idea.

Anyway, the idea is in Arc 3, Adolf Hitler's grandson goes to the giant Space Auschwitz that the Martian Jews have been living and finds out that hey, these Jew guys aren't so bad, their lives are miserable, their leaders are desperate, and there're nice people living among 'em. Hell, the Martian Jews' leader takes the kid in as his own. It's a humanizing moment which takes the previously annoying, one-note space villains and makes them into people, which casts the so-called hero's actions in an entirely different light. Until of course Hino loses his balls, realizes that suddenly Adolf Hitler looks like a bad guy, and that his pedophilia/Nazi propaganda is coming across wrong, and retcons all the "bad guys" into being mustache curling bad guys.

So in this episode we have young Shinji/Tenchi wake up in the enemy stronghold, only to find out that they're normal people who are perfectly nice. Heck, the so-called evil overlord has a cute daughter who doesn't like the war at all and wants to end it and make peace. The bad guys, it so happen, have a reasonable motive for invading Japan and trying to conquer the world. The people left back in heroland are portrayed as sympathetic, struggling to get by without knowing what happened to their friend (as opposed to Hitler, who was throwing a bitch fit for losing a fight), and when Shinji/Tenchi gets invited to dinner with the evil overlord, it turns out that the Big Bad is just a doting father who dresses in a button up and bolo tie and laughs a lot.

We're also introduced to an actual villain so the sympathetic aspects are not discredited with some half assed master plan. It's not as ideal as having the villains continue simply with their good reasons for doing bad things, but it works a HELL of a lot better than the absurd twist in AGE.

Point is, 8 episodes in, I finally get why people like this show. Also AGE is horrible and please never ever watch it. 2nd worst Gundam show ever made.

i like dual , i liked it before because the goofy moments were fun, but this change of events as you've experienced it was only the icing on the cake, do get ready for a pleaseant 2nd part

Syrinx

Ouran High School Host Club 4

Aw, I wanted to see the twincest butt-sex. And Haruhi going to play games with that girl.

So between saying and taking back statements about the Space Dancy simulcast in the West with dubs, did Cartoon Network/Adult Swim ever confirm if this was happening?

I'd watch it in english in a heartbeat. Still can't watch Cowboy Bebop in japanese since the dub was so good.

Gurren Lagann 17-21(Dub)
The future arc starts of pretty interesting seeing how fast human evolved. Surprised that Simon took so long to propose. You'd think he would have gained enough guts from fighting the Spiral King. Admittedly,I've spoiled myself with the twist with Nia so, it wasn't that surprising. The fights were pretty epic seeing the new enemy be resistant to their new advances. Rossiu was pretty annoying. He was too focused on preserving humanity instead of learning that an element of courage to face unknown and surpass limitations. Thinking of scrapping Gurren Lagann was a pretty stupid idea. I'm pretty sure Yoko's boobs doubled in size at least. The fight Virel was pretty good. That last scene with Gurren Lagann
pilotted by Simon and Virel
was pretty epic

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So between saying and taking back statements about the Space Dancy simulcast in the West with dubs, did Cartoon Network/Adult Swim ever confirm if this was happening?

I'd watch it in english in a heartbeat. Still can't watch Cowboy Bebop in japanese since the dub was so good.

Yes, they did.

duckroll

They didn't take back anything. They simply removed some details in the original post which weren't cleared for public release because they didn't have specific confirmation yet. It's still going to be broadcast in January, it'll still be dubbed by FUNimation, and it'll still air before the Japanese broadcast.

wonzo

Banned
They didn't take back anything. They simply removed some details in the original post which weren't cleared for public release because they didn't have specific confirmation yet. It's still going to be broadcast in January, it'll still be dubbed by FUNimation, and it'll still air before the Japanese broadcast.
I wonder if Toonami will butcher the OP & ED like everything else they air.

Articalys

Someone remind me again, for normal TV anime in Japan, is there a usual standard for the points when commercials air? Or does it differ for each show/station?

Clannad is probably the best of the keyshit. I liked the focus on family and it wasnt just another high school slice of life. It showed characters being forced to grow up and the passage of a good bit of time. Stories like that in anime are kind of hard to come by.
I found it to be REALLY bittersweet. I really cant hate it at all.

Oh I agree, Clannad is way better than Angel Beats! in everything but music and by not that much in that regard. Overall I just felt the ending cheapened the character development throughout the majority of the second half. Though I'm not sure how you found it to be bittersweet if
everything turns out alright at the end via wish(es).

Syrinx

Ouran High School Host Club 5

I like how the twins went all in-depth as to why they do their act and how it makes the girls go nuts. They're also a devilish pair. Also Renge was great in this episode. Rising up on that platform like that. And claiming her lusting after Haruhi is okay because it's yuri.

I'm enjoying this.

Hunter x Hunter 103

I'm pretty sure this show shouldn't be allowed to be this good. Isn't there some kind of law against it?

I could honestly just sit watching the King play Gungi with Komugi for hours.

like how they don't even bother explaining the rules or w/e.

for a show they like to explain everything

Mature

It's not Toonami doing the butchering. That privilege belongs to the publisher, who is forced to do so on account of the difference in commercial air time between Japan and the states.

Theonik

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ 06
ib1gENgvthghG8.png

Because cows are always the solution.
Not that I didn't hate the SOS already but damn they are terrible. Also
I can't believe they haven't figured out that Hana has magic yet. Should be obvious.
Episode felt a bit weird given how little focus Hana got compared to the last few but the next one should be makeup for that one. Also trumpet guy is best.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's not Toonami doing the butchering. That privilege belongs to the publisher, who is forced to do so on account of the difference in commercial air time between Japan and the states.
uh, what. i'm pretty sure even the older shows that used to have aired eds have had them cut.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Only Yesterday

Few anime works have good clothing design. From the school girls clothes to baseball uniforms, it's all great.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

The lead show is allowed to have its full OP, not sure about the ED as I believe Bleach is cut for time there. Maybe that is something they are working out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom