• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 24
screenshot136sxoyl.png

This doesn't even register as weird to me anymore

This show makes pretty good use of its recap episodes. This one wasn't as plot critical as the last, but it still took the opportunity to pull the clips into some additional character development, which was nice.

Jex

Revolutionary Girl Utena 24

This show makes pretty good use of its recap episodes. This one wasn't as plot critical as the last, but it still took the opportunity to pull the clips into some additional character development, which was nice.

Never skip Utena re-cap episodes.

Ever.

wonzo

Banned
I remember rewatching the first ep of Utena immediately after the movie and having my mind completely blown when
Saionji drops the "think of it as a trick of the light" line.

jesus christ it still gets me

Jex

The problem isn't about the subject matter being mundane, but rather, that some mundane things are boring and some are not. The show succeeds when it gives meaning to normalcy, and the worst parts of the show - the cigarette episode, for one - lacks that.

Another thing worth pointing out, even though it's fairly obvious, is that what's boring for some people isn't boring for others. How you happen to react to the material based on your own personal preferences will shape whether or not you find it to be snooze-inducing.

Jarmel

Banned
Within the first 8 minutes of Yozakura 5, I'm already shaking my head at the stupidity of this writing. Like this is absurdly stupid.

I mean I'm mostly watching this for the animation, but come the fuck on.

Code Geass 01
I can't even

Whuuuuh.

So basically every other country is inexplicably evil now. Except Japan. Alrighty

This is awesome.

No. There are like 3 super power mega countries/continents. One of them happens to treat the japanese as second class citizens. Nobody gives a fuck about the Americans.

But yes agreed, I found it hilarious how Japan is all of a sudden the center of attention of the whole world and how every major player comes from there. Conceited anime is best anime.

Just wait until you realize there only seems to be one school in this whole planet since the school is the center of attention of Japan lol.

That's why I love anime that break out of the mold and admit that Japan isn't the most interesting place in this world.

Same with western tv when it's not set in their country of residence. Unless it's the USA.

Because 'Murica!

Defuser

Yozakura Quartet - Hana no Uta ep 5
Finally some good stuff started going on!! Looksl ike it's gonna be resolved in the next episode.

That's why I love anime that break out of the mold and admit that Japan isn't the most interesting place in this world.

Same with western tv when it's not set in their country of residence. Unless it's the USA.

Because 'Murica!

Well, USA actually makes sense being the top dog.

What kind of resources are unique to Japan, anyway?

Code Geass 02
I should note I'm watching the dub, list-style and everything.

Also I'm using my phone, so no funny screencaps :p

Everyone has a silly voice. I can barely take anyone seriously!

I'm kinda confused at why Suzuku couldn't hear Lelouch in his mecha, especially since he had heard his adult voice like five minutes ago.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Code Geass 02

I'm kinda confused at why Suzuku couldn't hear Lelouch in his mecha, especially since he had heard his adult voice like five minutes ago.

An infinite supply of cute. Weaponized cute.

Also: I don't think anyone ever puts the two voices together. Just roll with it I guess.

fertygo

Code Geass 02

In this story, Japan have new and hot energy resource.. so the britania gunning those.

JCG

Code Geass 01
So basically every other country is inexplicably evil now. Except Japan. Alrighty

Not entirely. Just Britannia/Code Geass Fantasy America.

But for the record, even pre-invasion Japan wasn't the most innocent place in this universe either.

Code Geass 02

Hey, this is an over-the-top show that's not completely serious about itself, despite the protagonist's attitude and outlook being what it is.

Even the staff (of the Japanese version) pretty much says that both the lines and the voice acting were meant to be theatrical or operatic rather than natural..

So do I, but one ironic thing here is that Lelouch doesn't see Japan as being too interesting or special either.

That is untrue considering that Britannia IS America.
Also a map

That's a map after future events, not applicable to the beginning of the show.

Code Geass 03
Just in case you forgot you were watching anime....
We're back in High School.

"Wow, the Japanese are so amazing!"

The circlejerk is too much for me ahahah

A shower scene. I've seen enough anime to know where this is going

Once again, nobody can recognize Lelouch's voice even when right in front of them. He should be a spy or something.

also their legs will never stop bothering me with how long they are
I'm just jealous

JCG

Not entirely
Only Sneizel's European conquest differs from the start of the show really.

Eh, if you really want to get technical
all of Africa/Russia was Europe's at the start, and the whole UFN/China blob was also different in other places.

Code Geass 03
Just in case you forgot you were watching anime....
We're back in High School.

Once again, nobody can recognize Lelouch's voice even when right in front of them. He should be a spy or something.

also their legs will never stop bothering me with how long they are
I'm just jealous

You know, I've never been a big fan of anime high school settings myself, but this one was mostly a place for slapstick antics and such. The Japanese voice actor varies his voice a bit more than JYB, I believe, but it's ultimately just the Clark Kent effect at work. The odd proportions are all CLAMP's style. Kind of goes hand-in-hand with the show's larger-than-life nature (both figuratively and literally), with all the exaggerated poses that Lelouch and other characters make.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Is there a name for the characteristic of a character having beady/smaller eyes in comparison to all the other characters in their universe? It seems to always be used to give a feeling of intimidation, regardless of whether or not the character wants to be intimidating. Like these guys:

3SP2kDC.png

(Girge might be a bit of a stretch, but I hope you see what I'm trying to ask about.)

Code Jeeahss 04
So Suzaku is Harvey Dent and Lelouch is Batman mixed with V.

Where the heck did he get his costume, anyway? ...I guess he could have just forced someone to make it for him
I pity people that watching Geass with Dub.
Oh wait.

The list doesn't say dub.

My bad. Switching to superior language next episode.

fertygo

Well, the worst part about the dub is Nunnally. The rest of the cast is mostly okay.
Fukuyama Jun's perfomance in this alone already make its a mistake to watch it with dub
Persona 3 trailer for the first movie got reposted by CinemaToday, at least it's in HD now, unlike Aniplex's 640x360 videos (lol at people posting those upscale on youtube as HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zztAg_jsd-4

aw yiss
Oh wait.

The list doesn't say dub.

My bad. Switching to superior language next episode.

Noice.

JCG

Code Jeeahss 04
So Suzaku is Harvey Dent and Lelouch is Batman mixed with V.

Where the heck did he get his costume, anyway? ...I guess he could have just forced someone to make it for him.

Yes, that's one of the better non-anime comparisons you could make, on various levels (and ties into why I think the show makes sense even after all the craziness).

Probably from the same person he got the mask, if you caught that scene.

OceanBlue

Holy shit. If I'm reading this right, they're making a TV anime for the Atelier Escha & Logy game, with Studio Gokumi (Oda Nobuna, Kiniro Mosaic) in charge.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/209/G020930/20131106064/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201311/06042764.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ier-escha-and-logy-game-gets-tv-anime-in-2014

I hope the game comes out in the US before the anime starts airing. Avoiding impressions will probably be difficult otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom